17212 153 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

Bayguy69 Posted at 2018-1-4 15:21
I just completed my first flight with 02.00.0700 firmware. So far I encounter that the 02.00.0600 firmware more stable than this one. I'll make a long distance flight tomorow to see how it goes.

why are you saying that?
I have not yet had time to update my P4
and all the information you can give to everyone can be important
2018-1-4
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

Hi there!! Could any one pass on the real effect of the upgradation of new BETA FW.700. Guys it's simply coz of your actual statement made during the chaotic FW Upgrade, like me many of us could get our aircraft back on its track. I do really thank those who had been helping us to follow the right direction. There are ups & downs in every thing but we need to make things vetter, this forum is one of the best platform to overcome all the difficulties.
Thanks once again and expecting to get Ur feedback on the new Beta.
2018-1-4
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

P4Mano Posted at 2018-1-4 12:37
the beta 700 is only available to those who have received the email!

Yes I have it and i'll wait than
2018-1-4
Use props
marpir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14908 ft

Portugal

marinero Posted at 2018-1-3 05:48
the administrator replied for firmware 02.00.0700
[view_image]

And HOW "DJI" choose WHO may receive that "MAIL"???????????
2018-1-4
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

P4Mano Posted at 2018-1-4 15:36
why are you saying that?
I have not yet had time to update my P4
and all the information you can give to everyone can be important

What I mean is that I flew my P4  just like by 250 ft and at a distance of 500' and was really good. I had been very cautious because is a new 'Beta' Firmware.
2018-1-4
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

OK so first initial tests the wobbling is almost gone, camera did not disconnect or drop to the side. Recorded video in 4k and took some photos. Basic flying in P mode was smooth as silk with one caveat .

One very odd new characteristic I am seeing is when coming out of flying forward, the drone will wobble to the point it shakes the gimbal quite a bit. its a rapid forwards / backward shake.

I need to go out with someone so they can record this happening, never seen it before, so when its like when you apply brakes ;-), some grabbed it and gimbal keeps shaking. Kind of like shaking a pencil between you fingers.

I will try to do more flying this weekend, currently -12 and snowing ATM with some good 30 mph gusts.

Overall this is a great plus, tripod mode worked, and some others. Only flew about 300 feet up and 600 ft away for the first test.

2018-1-4
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have installed the firmware successfully. It is too cold though to fly though. It was -17C yesterday, and today we have a snowstorm with over 10 cm of new snow just over this night. Hopefully it will calm down this weekend, but I think it still will be cold.
2018-1-4
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

To all you .0700 Beta testers, please also check if your P4 flies stable in full speed in P,S and Atti mode. Some Drones hover stable and in slow flight but start to wobble when going fast. Sometimes you need to go full speed in some mode and the Drone has to be stable. Will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe DJI should check the local weather for the beta testers. Half the world is under snow and ice - it might be spring before they get any decent analysis of performance!
2018-1-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well SED, my Ac is on as it’s 35C. Not sure if that’ll help...
2018-1-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-5 03:07
Well SED, my Ac is on as it’s 35C. Not sure if that’ll help...

Ozzie beta testers should always be at the top of the list. Even your winters are pretty mild. My time to fly is a three week window sometime between the April showers and the Autumn misery. Sadly my P4 spent most of that timeframe looking longingly out the bedroom window last year.
2018-1-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-5 04:36
Ozzie beta testers should always be at the top of the list. Even your winters are pretty mild. My time to fly is a three week window sometime between the April showers and the Autumn misery. Sadly my P4 spent most of that timeframe looking longingly out the bedroom window last year.

I feel your pain, the weather gods are against us in the U.K., it’s usually nice when I’m in Work but come the weekend it’s normally windy.
2018-1-5
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-4 22:56
To all you .0700 Beta testers, please also check if your P4 flies stable in full speed in P,S and Atti mode. Some Drones hover stable and in slow flight but start to wobble when going fast. Sometimes you need to go full speed in some mode and the Drone has to be stable. Will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

I'll do that today and let you guys know.
2018-1-5
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-5 02:54
Maybe DJI should check the local weather for the beta testers. Half the world is under snow and ice - it might be spring before they get any decent analysis of performance!

It could be. Here in the Caribbean is Sunny at 84 F
2018-1-5
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2018-1-4 22:56

Not seeing a wobble in all 3 modes, until the breaks apply. When you stop / center the sticks it shakes like bag popcorn your trying to get the butter to run down on ;-). Noticable enough I thought it might snap the gimbal off, thinking then how do i afford to replace the gimball ;-).
2018-1-5
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9944 ft
Croatia

Just tested Phantom 4 (BETA 02.00.0700) this works perfectly
stable at full speed in P, S, and Atti modes

P-Mode: Tested for 45 minutes, control perfect, the engines work great, stopping smoothly, no warnings
S-Mode: stable at full speed, the engines work great, no warnings
A-Mode: just driving, I did not notice anything, no warnings
Tripod: works much better ... everything is better

2018-1-5
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-4 03:18
I see only v2.00.106 official firmware and cannot see any beta in DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0, anyone with similar situation?

Hi,

I have the same issue. Received the invitation for  0700 3 days ago, responded immediately but it does not pop up in the list in Assistant 2.

Any solutions? Just wait more?

Kees
2018-1-5
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KeesJ Posted at 2018-1-5 08:28
Hi,

I have the same issue. Received the invitation for  0700 3 days ago, responded immediately but it does not pop up in the list in Assistant 2.

Kees hello and thank you for replay. I've just messaged one of the admins and waiting for replay. I responded with 1 day delay but I think this can't be the problem. If needed we can prove that e-mail is received to us. Keep waiting for now patiently but I want to test it already
2018-1-5
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

marinero Posted at 2018-1-5 08:17

marinero appreciate that, this is so nice, thank you
2018-1-5
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

BSilverthorn Posted at 2018-1-5 08:15
Not seeing a wobble in all 3 modes, until the breaks apply. When you stop / center the sticks it shakes like bag popcorn your trying to get the butter to run down on ;-). Noticable enough I thought it might snap the gimbal off, thinking then how do i afford to replace the gimball ;-).

Thanks BSilverthorn, a issue to look at, because it was also reported previously.  
2018-1-5
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
  • >>>
Namibia

marinero Posted at 2018-1-5 08:17

Thanks marinero, very good to hear that, really hope it will do the same for me too.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Bangladesh

Hi. I had beta .600 in Assistant 2 and was provided by Admin Susan. Today when I entered Assistant 2 to check whether I was given the New Beta.700 , I was shocked to see that the Earlier Beta .600 is no more in my Assistant 2.
All worked fine till 2days back after installing the beta.600 , I had the gimball issue again yesterday when I flown for 19 minutes.
Could any one pls help me getting the new Beta .700?
Would be very helpful.
I apologize for my English since it's pretty bad for communication.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans421ca02a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178773 ft
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-5 08:50
marinero appreciate that, this is so nice, thank you

I also got the email regarding beta .700. I replied yes  and  the next day I turned on the AC and RC and DGI GO 4 said there was a firmware update for the AC.  I installed it using DGI GO 4 and it updated ok.  I don't know if it showed up on Assistant 2 but it did under DJI GO 4.   By the way I could not get the Beta .600  to install using Assistant 2. It kept giving me errors. I believe it has to do with the latest Windows 10 update.
2018-1-5
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fans421ca02a Posted at 2018-1-5 10:32
I also got the email regarding beta .700. I replied yes  and  the next day I turned on the AC and RC and DGI GO 4 said there was a firmware update for the AC.  I installed it using DGI GO 4 and it updated ok.  I don't know if it showed up on Assistant 2 but it did under DJI GO 4.   By the way I could not get the Beta .600  to install using Assistant 2. It kept giving me errors. I believe it has to do with the latest Windows 10 update.

Thank you for the feedback and yes, latest windows 10 version caused that problem, that's why I revert back to creators update
2018-1-5
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Croatia

Tomorrow I will be tested again BETA 02.00.0700, to check
Firmware I installed it with DJI GO 4 android application.
Make sure you're signed in to the app... I was not the first time,
I have not seen the update firmware 02.00.0700.
DJI Assistant 2 throwing an upgrade error, (windows 10) but I've upgraded it with the app DJI GO 4

Make sure you're signed in to the app... good luck

2018-1-5
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

marinero Posted at 2018-1-5 13:39
Tomorrow I will be tested again BETA 02.00.0700, to check
Firmware I installed it with DJI GO 4 android application.
Make sure you're signed in to the app... I was not the first time,

hello marinero
can  you check the problem that BSilverthorn reported ?
(When you stop / center the sticks it shakes like bag popcorn)
it looks like the same problem we had in version 106
2018-1-5
Use props
fans15011072
lvl.3
Flight distance : 342936 ft
United States

You guys are all pansy. The company is lucky that you bought their product. Instead you all are now working for them for free by trialing these beta versions. What company takes this long to fix a problem like this. They probably have like one guy working on this stuff. They are just appeasing you. Good luck getting your drone fixed. They should have just replaced everyone's product with one that works.
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

fans15011072 Posted at 2018-1-5 17:12
You guys are all pansy. The company is lucky that you bought their product. Instead you all are now working for them for free by trialing these beta versions. What company takes this long to fix a problem like this. They probably have like one guy working on this stuff. They are just appeasing you. Good luck getting your drone fixed. They should have just replaced everyone's product with one that works.

There is nothing wrong with this if they are willing to be beta testers.
I would if it were ok for me to take a risk of something going wrong doing tests or if I had a second p4p to spare I would.
My P4P is a second backup drone for bigger drone if needed and I only have one P4P. I need it to be fully working on standby when needed.
So I am thankful for those beta testers
Continue the good work beta people ;)
2018-1-5
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Bangladesh

Hi guys. Wanna share a issue with the Beta .600. It worked well initially but just after the go 4 app updated I have started facing almost the same issues like upgrade of FW 2.00.0106.
When tried to refresh the beta FW in my Assistant 2, the beta .600 was not there any more and only showing FW 2.00.0106.
COULD any one kindly advise me what should I do. How can I get back the official Beta.600 in Assistant 2?
2018-1-5
Use props
Marinero CRO
lvl.1
Croatia

P4Mano Posted at 2018-1-5 16:19
hello marinero
can  you check the problem that BSilverthorn reported ?
(When you stop / center the sticks it shakes like bag popcorn)

He tried, he was fine... there is no difficulty
2018-1-5
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

You guys are all pansy. The company is lucky that you bought their product. Instead you all are now working for them for free by trialing these beta versions. What company takes this long to fix a problem like this. They probably have like one guy working on this stuff. They are just appeasing you. Good luck getting your drone fixed. They should have just replaced everyone's product with one that works.

Let's keep this on topic  please.
There are many of us who are willing to beta test firmware to help fix the issues we are having, if it means we can get an official firmware out sooner, all the better.

Sure, we can sit and wait, cry, sulk, whine, complain, threaten to sue, etc. What good does that make? A lot of us rather be in the air than do nothing. If it's not your cup of tea, you can be the group that sits and wait for an official release. Simple as that.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're not already aware, the 'fix' for many was the 'Beta' 02.00.0600 firmware. The 0700 version seems to be a refinement of that.

Are you using 02.00.0106 ?

If your aircraft is broken you could always try 02.00.0600 Beta (remembering the RC upgrade as well). You could be up and flying within an hour. You don't have to provide any feedback, so you choose whether you want to work for free or not.

I'm not sure if I've seen any company replace any product because of a software issue.
2018-1-6
Use props
edith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I got an email for 4 days ago, check with me whether i wan to Opt in into this beta or not. already reply them, and so far didnt get any reply yet.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans15011072
lvl.3
United States

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-1-6 00:29
Let's keep this on topic  please.
There are many of us who are willing to beta test firmware to help fix the issues we are having, if it means we can get an official firmware out sooner, all the better.

I am entirely aware of how software problems are dealt with. In this case DJI is entirely neglecting you and everyone else who have issues with the phantom 4. No issue ever takes this long to fix. Think about it like this...if apple messed up peoples phones for this long they would be in big trouble. Instead they would roll back the firmware or supply new phones for free. Why should DJI be any different.

It is not your problem that they had to come up with a rapid software fix because of a security flaw and in doing so they jacked up everyone's drones. Clearly that is why they wont roll back. It is not cultural or anything else. They have a huge company and their drones are selling great..why would they care about a 100 people with an issue with their phantom 4? Again, they probably have one guy working on this issue. They are sketchy and anyone who thinks anything else is in denial. I dont blame everyone for being in denial because the drone is suuuper pricey.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans15011072
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-6 03:30
If you're not already aware, the 'fix' for many was the 'Beta' 02.00.0600 firmware. The 0700 version seems to be a refinement of that.

Are you using 02.00.0106 ?

The reason you have not seen any company replace a product with software issues is because they actually roll it back immediately. Alternatively they fix it VERY quickly. This is simply one of those...we dont have to deal with this because out products make a lot of money and there are only 100 people with an issue. They therefore have one guy working on it.

Think about it...any other company would have fixed this issue immediately with whatever it takes because they know that they are lucky to have you purchase the product. Clearly DJI does not feel that way. An arrogant company without good business ethic. This is not cultural by the way. It is just ___ hole.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans15011072 Posted at 2018-1-6 14:12
I am entirely aware of how software problems are dealt with. In this case DJI is entirely neglecting you and everyone else who have issues with the phantom 4. No issue ever takes this long to fix. Think about it like this...if apple messed up peoples phones for this long they would be in big trouble. Instead they would roll back the firmware or supply new phones for free. Why should DJI be any different.

It is not your problem that they had to come up with a rapid software fix because of a security flaw and in doing so they jacked up everyone's drones. Clearly that is why they wont roll back. It is not cultural or anything else. They have a huge company and their drones are selling great..why would they care about a 100 people with an issue with their phantom 4? Again, they probably have one guy working on this issue. They are sketchy and anyone who thinks anything else is in denial. I dont blame everyone for being in denial because the drone is suuuper pricey.

"Think about it like this...if apple messed up peoples phones for this long they would be in big trouble. Instead they would roll back the firmware or supply new phones for free."

So Apple will be replacing my iPad & iPhone for free, the ones that they've chosen to under-clock to preserve their under performing batteries ? Or at least replace the batteries for free ? Not a chance.

I suspect as well the figure of 100 disgruntled P4 owners you quote, is probably skewed as well, the issues involve in the 02.00.0106 build would likely have affected every P4 that had been updated.

I did not have flight stability problems, but a problem recording in 4k @ 30 fps, that was fixed with the 02.00.0300 build that was released at least four months ago.

On the rare occasions I've seen posts directly from their R&D engineers (All showing located in Canada) there have been several different IDs used suggesting at least several people working on these problems.

And doesn't Apple operate a Beta testing program where the users can have the privilege of testing their software months ahead of release, all unpaid ? Does that make them 'Pansy' as well ?
2018-1-6
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

fans15011072 Posted at 2018-1-6 14:17
The reason you have not seen any company replace a product with software issues is because they actually roll it back immediately. Alternatively they fix it VERY quickly. This is simply one of those...we dont have to deal with this because out products make a lot of money and there are only 100 people with an issue. They therefore have one guy working on it.

Think about it...any other company would have fixed this issue immediately with whatever it takes because they know that they are lucky to have you purchase the product. Clearly DJI does not feel that way. An arrogant company without good business ethic. This is not cultural by the way. It is just ___ hole.

Do you seriously think that DJI really wants to upset their customers? I highly doubt it. They can’t let us roll back to the prior working firmware for reasons that we aren’t privy to. They’re close to the fix so let’s all hang in there a bit longer.
2018-1-6
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

fans15011072 Posted at 2018-1-6 14:12

It is not your problem that they had to come up with a rapid software fix because of a security flaw and in doing so they jacked up everyone's drones. Clearly that is why they wont roll back. It is not cultural or anything else. They have a huge company and their drones are selling great..why would they care about a 100 people with an issue with their phantom 4? Again, they probably have one guy working on this issue. They are sketchy and anyone who thinks anything else is in denial. I dont blame everyone for being in denial because the drone is suuuper pricey.

Yes my friend, you have a valid point here. I am not in denial to say DJI really screw up on this one!
2018-1-6
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

edith Posted at 2018-1-6 06:00
I got an email for 4 days ago, check with me whether i wan to Opt in into this beta or not. already reply them, and so far didnt get any reply yet.

You probably won't get an e-mail reply. Just start DJI Assistant 2 from time to time and see if the new beta is listed in the available firmwares. I got mine the next day.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Bangladesh

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-6 15:06
"Think about it like this...if apple messed up peoples phones for this long they would be in big trouble. Instead they would roll back the firmware or supply new phones for free."

So Apple will be replacing my iPad & iPhone for free, the ones that they've chosen to under-clock to preserve their under performing batteries ? Or at least replace the batteries for free ? Not a chance.

Hi from where can I get FW Beta. 02.0300?
2018-1-7
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules