Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Testing BETA 02.00.0700
1234Next >
16872 156 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-6 15:06
"Think about it like this...if apple messed up peoples phones for this long they would be in big trouble. Instead they would roll back the firmware or supply new phones for free."

So Apple will be replacing my iPad & iPhone for free, the ones that they've chosen to under-clock to preserve their under performing batteries ? Or at least replace the batteries for free ? Not a chance.

Hi from where can I get FW Beta. 02.0300?
2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans29d8b6aa Posted at 2018-1-7 17:45

Hi. I don't know a beta v...300, but you can PM a DJI person here (DJI Susan is active currently) and request access to beta v...600. They'll need your DJI account email address to do it. Sadly beta v...700 is only by invitation.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.3
Bangladesh

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-7 17:51
Hi. I don't know a beta v...300, but you can PM a DJI person here (DJI Susan is active currently) and request access to beta v...600. They'll need you DJI account email address to do it. Sadly beta v...700 is only by invitation.

Thanks buddy.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-7 17:51
Hi. I don't know a beta v...300, but you can PM a DJI person here (DJI Susan is active currently) and request access to beta v...600. They'll need your DJI account email address to do it. Sadly beta v...700 is only by invitation.

It all started off with .200 then .300 before .600 I may have mentioned it in some of my posts. These were still all visible to me until they changed things a few days ago and removed all the Betas (as far as I remember :-) ).
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans29d8b6aa Posted at 2018-1-7 17:45

It was superseded by 02.00.0600 which also included flight stability fixes. Just a few days ago all the previous Betas have disappeared from my list leaving only the last formal update 02.00.0106 which was broken. That makes me think the next formal release may be imminent.

2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-7 18:33
It all started off with .200 then .300 before .600 I may have mentioned it in some of my posts. These were still all visible to me until they changed things a few days ago and removed all the Betas (as far as I remember :-) ).

You still had access to v...200 until a few days ago, A? Damn! I'd love to have that beta version back - and, yes, it sounds very ironic to be saying that after being trapped on it for so long. I wasn't aware of v...300 though.
Edit: oops - the good beta I meant was 02.00.0012
2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-7 18:54
It was superseded by 02.00.0600 which also included flight stability fixes. Just a few days ago all the previous Betas have disappeared from my list leaving only the last formal update 02.00.0106 which was broken. That makes me think the next formal release may be imminent.

Sadly, I suspect the reason all the Betas dropped off was so that v...700 would be the only "official" beta in town. It must have been getting difficult for Support to keep hearing of the P4s with beta v...600 - it was becoming a defacto production release due to the number of people given access to it.
2018-1-7
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

They wanted me to participate by sending me e-mail about that firmware, now I can't even see any beta in the list, I can see only official .106 and nothing more, I out of the beta
2018-1-8
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-7 19:07
You still had access to v...200 until a few days ago, A? Damn! I'd love to have that beta version back - and, yes, it sounds very ironic to be saying that after being trapped on it for so long. I wasn't aware of v...300 though.

I could see 300, but I couldn't actually 'downgrade' to it, so it was only there in name. Not sure if it was the same for Aardvark.
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-8 00:47
They wanted me to participate by sending me e-mail about that firmware, now I can't even see any beta in the list, I can see only official .106 and nothing more, I out of the beta

That's really odd what they're doing, although clearly many now have access. I've directly PMed DJI Susan seeking to get access to v...600 again in case I need to refresh, but no response.
2018-1-8
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 13:13
That's really odd what they're doing, although clearly many now have access. I've directly PMed DJI Susan seeking to get access to v...600 again in case I need to refresh, but no response.

I've done same thing like you and same result. By the way I've discovered that follow me mode doesn't work on v600 here on my drone ... strange
2018-1-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-8 14:13
I've done same thing like you and same result. By the way I've discovered that follow me mode doesn't work on v600 here on my drone ... strange

To be perfectly honest, Vendex, I've never found Follow Me mode to work well on the P4 anyway. It was too easy for it to lose the subject during my tests, so too unreliable to use seriously.
2018-1-8
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-8 14:18
To be perfectly honest, Vendex, I've never found Follow Me mode to work well on the P4 anyway. It was too easy for it to lose the subject during my tests, so too unreliable to use seriously.

Agree with you
2018-1-8
Use props
fans421ca02a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178773 ft
United States

Hurray!  The BETA 02.00.0700  gave me back my Phantom 4.  It is no longer a door stop.  The flight characteristics  are just like before  the FW update that caused all the trouble.  It is now usable again, finally.
2018-1-8
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fans421ca02a Posted at 2018-1-8 15:42
Hurray!  The BETA 02.00.0700  gave me back my Phantom 4.  It is no longer a door stop.  The flight characteristics  are just like before  the FW update that caused all the trouble.  It is now usable again, finally.

Very good feedback, I'm happy for you that you're using your Phantom as it should
2018-1-9
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

It took something like 6 months to go from a solid beta to a bug-ridden production version. Surely anything would be better than the current 'stable' release. DJI, let's get this bad boy out to the masses!!!!
2018-1-9
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I can't find the reason, got the email?
2018-1-9
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Can you confirm if the poor range issue has been resolved as well?
2018-1-9
Use props
Tommy Silaban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 974364 ft
Indonesia

i hope they release it soon
2018-1-9
Use props
Bayguy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-9 05:26
Can you confirm if the poor range issue has been resolved as well?

It's been resolved. I made many flawless flights with this new beta firmware and I'm very happy that I have my P4 back.
2018-1-10
Use props
owiecPL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Poland

Bayguy69 Posted at 2018-1-10 01:32
It's been resolved. I made many flawless flights with this new beta firmware and I'm very happy that I have my P4 back.

How long distance (in meters) did You fly on 700 firmware?Was Your drone fly stable at hovering and in high speed in GPS mode? 4K video & gimball are works perfectly?
What about follow mode?

2018-1-10
Use props
flycamnet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11312 ft
Turkey

Please add me  beta  dji account ferdi.atay@gmail.com  thank you
2018-1-10
Use props
Bayguy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

owiecPL Posted at 2018-1-10 02:02
How long distance (in meters) did You fly on 700 firmware?Was Your drone fly stable at hovering and in high speed in GPS mode? 4K video & gimball are works perfectly?
What about follow mode?

The distance was 3100m with the .700 firmware. The flight was very stable even hovering with wind gust of 20 knots.  This is the best fix by far.
2018-1-10
Use props
AlphaXrayEcho_1
Flight distance : 667431 ft
United States

Nice to know, the beta 700 sounds promising.   While I had access to the betas, up to 600.  My access to the beta firmware's are gone.  Not sure what is going on.  Maybe they are pulling all the beta access to users to push the new firmware?
2018-1-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AlphaXrayEcho_1 Posted at 2018-1-10 18:46
Nice to know, the beta 700 sounds promising.   While I had access to the betas, up to 600.  My access to the beta firmware's are gone.  Not sure what is going on.  Maybe they are pulling all the beta access to users to push the new firmware?

You'll read that this issue is widespread, and I've requested access back to the earlier betas twice with no response. My guess is that there is only one "flag" which we can have on our accounts which allow us access to a beta, and DJI don't want the volume of people with access to the previous beta having access to this restricted one. Easier to remove the flag across all, then selectively re-enable for those lucky few.
Again, just a guess...
2018-1-10
Use props
Icer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

Hi,
Cud anybody who already install v700 make firmware backup and give link?
Thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Did you notice yours shaking during breaking / stopping.

The only issue I have found so far is when stopping it tends buck like a bronco a bit. Enough I thought it was going to damage the gimball, if I stopped close enough to watch you can see it. Did try all three modes?
2018-1-11
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

AlphaXrayEcho_1 Posted at 2018-1-10 18:46
Nice to know, the beta 700 sounds promising.   While I had access to the betas, up to 600.  My access to the beta firmware's are gone.  Not sure what is going on.  Maybe they are pulling all the beta access to users to push the new firmware?

We hope so, many of us probably will never have 700 beta no matter from the received e-mail... they invited us and after that nothing, is that a joke? Now i've also see only 106 official firmware and no betas on the list too
2018-1-11
Use props
veekman530
United States

Well guys, I couldn't wait any longer for DJI to fix this so I rolled back to firmware v01.02.0503 via third party and... I HAVE MY DRONE BACK!!! Totally stable flight, no gimble issues, everything is back to what it was before this FW mess. I'm not going to go out and recommend this for everyone, but it worked for me. Here is the video I used for the downgrade...  
2018-1-11
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.3
Bangladesh

This is mere wastage and stupidity doing such desperate action. Not only harming your aircraft but also closing he door for future development by the manufacturer.
It could be OK with those people who discovered this but keep in my bed that they are kind of Engineers who can transform back to its original form but not us as we are mere hobbyist or semi pro.
That was my opinion about it not suggestions. We are free birds always n can choose better for ourself.

One thing we must admit that DJI has crossed the limit of keeping his customers in dark meaning not even making a announcement regarding the sick FW 2.0106. ITIS Way to long now. I have grounded my P4 thus almost shutting down my income source. Waiting for a better company making better drones as well as keeping their commitment honestly not like DJI who forgot their customers and customer's agony due to their mistake.
2018-1-12
Use props
jesper n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

Please add me to betaprogram.......norgosanow@hotmail.com
2018-1-13
Use props
brunobaptista
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1369839 ft
Brazil

I've had the opportunity to fly two batteries today with .700
Ideal conditions, practically no wind.

Flying behaviour both in P and S modes is 100%, and hovering was rock-solid as we learned to expect from the P4.
Motor noise is OK when hovering, no funny noises, or out of sync.
I am used to decelerating before coming to a full stop, and could not make it do anything strange, short of letting the sticks go all at once (didn't try that).

Flying speed at P mode, with OA enabled increased for me. Before, on any firmware I was able to reach around 32 km/h. I've reached 37km/h and 40km/h which was probably the wind direction.

Tried also tripod and draw modes. Draw flight before .700 was very erratic, the P4 came tumbling around. With .700 was very steady.

Precision landing works as well as on the Mavic Pro, with the tips as it's descending as well. However the GO4 app, does not offer the checkbox of "Precise record" when using auto-takeoff and it still hovers at 1,2m. Taking the P4 to 6m and waiting a couple of seconds does the trick though. Descent is very gentle on both auto return to home or auto-landing with the P4 decelerating and then lading very softly. A bit of a different wobble for 1-2 seconds after already landed. If I was seeing it for the first time, would probably disregard it, but slightly different from what I was used, even landing manually. Does not seem to be an issue.

I was not at a location to test signal range or other flight modes. But all seems in order. Recorded the flight at 2,7k 30 fps, image on my cell (iOS) was OK all of the time.

Hope this feedback helps, and hoping that the beta gets published as a official version soon.

2018-1-13
Use props
Drshiwas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

brunobaptista Posted at 2018-1-13 09:01

Hello DJI,

Please add me to beta testing: drshiwas@gmail.com

Thank you.
2018-1-14
Use props
P4Mano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

brunobaptista Posted at 2018-1-13 09:01

good news brother really good news!
thanks for the info
2018-1-14
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

Hi DJI

Can you please put the beta. 0.700 on my account. I did get the email and I did reply,but nothing yet.

Reghardt.strydom0@gmail.com

Thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
ibuyufo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

I flew today with beta .700 and I'm happy to say that I have my phantom 4 back!  I did not notice any jerkiness or lurching as with the official .106 release.  One thing I noticed when it was coming back, I let go of the stick and it did a pretty hard stop by tilting itself at an angle.  I thought it was going to tip over and flip itself but it didn't.

As a precaution, I factory reset the phantom 4 before proceeding with the firmware update.  After the firmware update I did the vision calibration.  Once that was done, I calibrated the IMU and compass.  
2018-1-14
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Likewise, I finally was able to get out and test the new .700 FW on my P4 today.  Well, I too have my bird back!!  The drone flew perfect and it appears I have my range back!  The horizon is dead level, and had zero jerkiness or stuttering.  Very pleased with this FW update.

On a side note, after landing and turning the AC off I brought it back inside.  I fired it back up to adjust some settings and the DJI Go app kept saying disconnected.  I tried restarting both AC and RC but the only thing that worked was to physically turn off my iPad Air 2 and restart the Go app and then it would connect.  Maybe this is an Apple thing and not so much a DJI issue? I'm on the latest iOS 11.2.2 version.
2018-1-14
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2018-1-14 10:11
I flew today with beta .700 and I'm happy to say that I have my phantom 4 back!  I did not notice any jerkiness or lurching as with the official .106 release.  One thing I noticed when it was coming back, I let go of the stick and it did a pretty hard stop by tilting itself at an angle.  I thought it was going to tip over and flip itself but it didn't.

As a precaution, I factory reset the phantom 4 before proceeding with the firmware update.  After the firmware update I did the vision calibration.  Once that was done, I calibrated the IMU and compass.

I too did a factory reset before updated and then did the exact same procedure as you after the FW update (vision calibration, IMU and compass).  It feels great to have a stable drone again
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-14 12:27
Likewise, I finally was able to get out and test the new .700 FW on my P4 today.  Well, I too have my bird back!!  The drone flew perfect and it appears I have my range back!  The horizon is dead level, and had zero jerkiness or stuttering.  Very pleased with this FW update.

On a side note, after landing and turning the AC off I brought it back inside.  I fired it back up to adjust some settings and the DJI Go app kept saying disconnected.  I tried restarting both AC and RC but the only thing that worked was to physically turn off my iPad Air 2 and restart the Go app and then it would connect.  Maybe this is an Apple thing and not so much a DJI issue? I'm on the latest iOS 11.2.2 version.

Just a thought for the iPad issue, do you have Background App Refresh disabled (under Settings)?
2018-1-14
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-14 13:01
Just a thought for the iPad issue, do you have Background App Refresh disabled (under Settings)?

No it was enabled, but for some reason the Go app wasn't the latest version.  It said it was primarily fixes for the Spark.  I went ahead and updated the App and so far it's working again.  Time will tell?
2018-1-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules