Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Testing BETA 02.00.0700
1234Next >
17198 153 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

As you know, there are many of us having issues with the official firmware. Many of us have opted in to test the firmware BETA 02.00.0600. Although it fixed a lot of the issues we had with the official firmware, it was not perfect. Some of us still had minor issues, but a lot better improvement over the official beta.
Those of us who had the BETA 02.00.0600 firmware pushed to our accounts to test, should have received an email today about participating in the new BETA 02.00.0700 firmware.
Keep in mind, this is not the official firmware. It is a closed beta. It is meant for the individuals who are having issues with the current firmware for troubleshooting purposes.
The email states it is a beta firmware to address the following:

1. Optimizes the flight limitation feature.
2. Fixes an issue where the gimbal and camera might be restarted.
3. Optimizes flight performance and enhances flight stability.

Please, let's start this thread for constructive feedback and report any findings to the engineers regarding this new beta firmware.
I feel we are getting closer to rectifying the problems introduced in the official firmware and hopefully we can start this new year with an official firmware soon.
Let us thank our forum administrators who have been very responsive and helpful in tackling our firmware issues.

Happy New Year and Happy Flying!

2018-1-2
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

I hope your wishes come true!
Happy New Year for you too
2018-1-2
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thank you for the thread
2018-1-2
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Great news and thanks for the update. So we'll be receiving an email confirming that it has been pushed to us that already have the .600 Beta. Am I understanding the original post in that "Everybody" that has the current Beta .600 will be receiving .700?
2018-1-2
Use props
AlphaXrayEcho_1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 667431 ft
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2018-1-2 16:17
Great news and thanks for the update. So we'll be receiving an email confirming that it has been pushed to us that already have the .600 Beta. Am I understanding the original post in that "Everybody" that has the current Beta .600 will be receiving .700?

I have the .600 update.  No email yet about the .700.  I also checked the Assistant 2 and nothing for an update to .700.  Curious, if only the people that contributed to the problems with the existing beta will be notified only?
2018-1-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaXrayEcho_1 Posted at 2018-1-2 16:30
I have the .600 update.  No email yet about the .700.  I also checked the Assistant 2 and nothing for an update to .700.  Curious, if only the people that contributed to the problems with the existing beta will be notified only?

I'm curious as to whether the people who received this email had posted their details in a thread when requesting the 02.00.0600 version. I'm in the same position as you, waiting for email, nothing on Assistant 2, and no official notification at all on the forum.
2018-1-2
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-2 16:47
I'm curious as to whether the people who received this email had posted their details in a thread when requesting the 02.00.0600 version. I'm in the same position as you, waiting for email, nothing on Assistant 2, and no official notification at all on the forum.

I'm curious as to why all the DJI admin folk appear to have gone AWOL at the same time as this beta. One might have thought that a new beta release would have been something that DJI would have liked to have announced in a forum such as this. There seems to be no explanation for the capricious ways in which DJI operates.
2018-1-2
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

I got an email yesterday, check with me whether i wan to Opt in into this beta or not. already reply them, and so far didnt get any reply yet.
2018-1-2
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'm curious as to whether the people who received this email had posted their details in a thread when requesting the 02.00.0600 version. I'm in the same position as you, waiting for email, nothing on Assistant 2, and no official notification at all on the forum.

Beta cannot be official
2018-1-3
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I'm curious as to whether the people who received this email had posted their details in a thread when requesting the 02.00.0600 version. I'm in the same position as you, waiting for email, nothing on Assistant 2, and no official notification at all on the forum.

Per my earlier note, I’m also wondering why there has been no official notice by any administrators about this new beta.  In fact, I don’t recall seeing any admins online today in the P4 threads although they have been posting in the Mavic and Spark threads.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JockC Posted at 2018-1-3 02:02
Per my earlier note, I’m also wondering why there has been no official notice by any administrators about this new beta.  In fact, I don’t recall seeing any admins online today in the P4 threads although they have been posting in the Mavic and Spark threads.

Unless they focus on expected demand, Spark and Mavic perhaps outselling the P4 series over Christmas.
2018-1-3
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

The easiest way to verify it would be for one of those who have received a mail would be to copy it on a PM to a mod and ask them to investigate and confirm if it came from DJI and is real.
2018-1-3
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9944 ft
Croatia

the administrator replied for firmware 02.00.0700
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marinero Posted at 2018-1-3 05:48
[view_image]

Would be easier if you provide a link to DJI Thors reply.

Edit:- Found it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551
2018-1-3
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Croatia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-127347-2-1.html

here is replied for firmware 02.00.0700

2018-1-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I never... ever... ever get invited to closed betas. It hurts.

Nonetheless, great news we are still moving in the right direction. Based on the current trajectory, we should have a stable release mid 2019. God speed beta testers. We're all with you.

Your aircraft from will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests and will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from Phantom 4 annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!

Sorry - don't know what came over me.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-3 06:19

Nonetheless, great news we are still moving in the right direction. Based on the current trajectory, we should have a stable release mid 2019. God speed beta testers. We're all with you.

"Sorry - don't know what came over me."

Too much Sherry in the Christmas pudding ?

Perhaps some of the politicians will use that come the new year
2018-1-3
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Nonetheless, great news we are still moving in the right direction. Based on the current trajectory, we should have a stable release mid 2019. God speed beta testers. We're all with you.

One small step for Mankind but a giant leap for DJI
2018-1-3
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

I got invited, but wondering if those invited are some of us that .0600 didn't fix the stability issue etc..? Just a thought, as some are very direct still there is no firmware issue and their birds fly fine on .0600.
I on the other hand, have a bird that hates .0600. So I am anxious to try .0700 and see if we are much better now. I won't be able try till this weekend, as of now its -8, with a -20 windchill, 30 mph plus wind gusts. and I am not not up for that ;-). That and its dark when I get off work now ;-( .

Hope to try it this weekend.

2018-1-3
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Nonetheless, great news we are still moving in the right direction. Based on the current trajectory, we should have a stable release mid 2019. God speed beta testers. We're all with you.

Well said S.E.D
2018-1-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BSilverthorn Posted at 2018-1-3 08:16
I got invited, but wondering if those invited are some of us that .0600 didn't fix the stability issue etc..? Just a thought, as some are very direct still there is no firmware issue and their birds fly fine on .0600.
I on the other hand, have a bird that hates .0600. So I am anxious to try .0700 and see if we are much better now. I won't be able try till this weekend, as of now its -8, with a -20 windchill, 30 mph plus wind gusts. and I am not not up for that ;-). That and its dark when I get off work now ;-( .

"wondering if those invited are some of us that .0600 didn't fix the stability issue"

That would imply there is some form of... logic... behind the software development process. Some kind of lifecycle or framework or something. Sorry.  I don't buy it.

2018-1-3
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

So do all my posts just get deleted?
2018-1-3
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

marinero Posted at 2018-1-3 05:48
[view_image]

Thank you for that information and excuse me for my wrong understanding
2018-1-3
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

anybody know if this new beta fixes the extreme reduction in range?
2018-1-3
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2018-1-3 08:55
"wondering if those invited are some of us that .0600 didn't fix the stability issue"

That would imply there is some form of... logic... behind the software development process. Some kind of lifecycle or framework or something. Sorry.  I don't buy it.

Possibly! My P4 was never "fully" fixed by the previous beta, and I was also included in this latest DJI email.
2018-1-3
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

echopiece Posted at 2018-1-3 11:07
Possibly! My P4 was never "fully" fixed by the previous beta, and I was also included in this latest DJI email.

Has anyone that was included in the .700 beta been able to test yet?  I'm super curious about the range issue and if that has been addressed? .600 seemed to have fixed most of the issues I was having.  I also see they just pushed a new version of the dji 4 go app.
2018-1-3
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 update failed
old  firmware 02.00.0600 installed it DJI GO 4 android app
02.00.0700 DJI GO 4 v4.1.22 does not see the update

2018-1-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It’s interesting how DJI have selected individuals for this beta. I’ve been involved in every beta for the P4 and P4P for the last couple of years, was involved in the last infamous closed beta last January, and been active in this forum - yet I wasn’t invited.
Good luck to those participating, and please keep us informed in what you find. Unless, of course, DJI ask you to commit to non-disclosure agreements.
2018-1-3
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

marinero Posted at 2018-1-3 12:22
DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 update failed
old  firmware 02.00.0600 installed it DJI GO 4 android app
02.00.0700 DJI GO 4 v4.1.22 does not see the update

in my old LG G3 appears !
2018-1-3
Use props
marinero
lvl.1
Croatia

successfully completed
tomorrow test...

2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marinero Posted at 2018-1-3 14:52
successfully completed
tomorrow test...

Nice one, all looking good when connecting at the moment, no noticeable glitches or notifications jumping up ?
2018-1-3
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

Yes, according to the email this is a closed beta. However, I am uncertain what the conditions are for who is included or why a certain few were invited. My guess would be the ones who still had minor issues.

I've successfully installed the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (I uninstalled DJI Assistant 2 then re-installed the newer version 1.2.0) and upgraded normally.
Will test the flight in about 30 minutes time. It has been raining this morning but the skies have cleared. Hoping for the best
2018-1-3
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
United States

Okay, I just completed maiden flight on beta firmware 02.00.0700. I installed the firmware on the bird, restored factory settings, refreshed the firmware twice per each battery as well as restoring factory settings on each battery. On the final refresh, I did vision sensor calibration with no issues. Deleted DJI GO 4 and reinstalled on iPhone X. Then I calibrated IMU and compass before flight.

I was only able to complete one flight, one battery from 100% to 29%. It started to rain so I could not test further. I am happy to report, so far, everything is running perfect. Recorded using 4K30p D-LOG the whole flight, flight characteristics are so much more refined. In sport mode, no erratic behavior with hard flying in all directions or sudden braking, seems to handle everything more swiftly. IMU Error bug on start-up has not appeared.

I am not done testing, so I cannot 100% say everything is perfect yet. Tomorrow, if weather permits, I will test various settings, I know I was able to trigger the gimbal restart on the .0600 firmware, although it more difficult to do so. I could not easily reproduce the restart in .0600 firmware. However, I think it was related to changing the color profiles back and forth, as well as 3D noise reduction on/off. I will test all this on the next flights. On the .0600 firmware, color profiles did not save for some reason, also some weird bugs with AUTO/Manual settings that does not get retained.

So far, so good guys! *fingers crossed*

2018-1-3
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

I'm one of the "lucky ones" to receive the beta firmware 02.00.0700. So far no issues with the installation. Tomorrow I'll be performing a test flight to see how it goes.
2018-1-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-3 13:01
It’s interesting how DJI have selected individuals for this beta. I’ve been involved in every beta for the P4 and P4P for the last couple of years, was involved in the last infamous closed beta last January, and been active in this forum - yet I wasn’t invited.
Good luck to those participating, and please keep us informed in what you find. Unless, of course, DJI ask you to commit to non-disclosure agreements.

I think the NDAs are for the updates that introduce features; not the updates that make unmanned aerial vehicles ... y' know... aerial
2018-1-3
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
Netherlands

So every thing is flashed and ready for flight tomorrow if the snow storm holds off.

I did run into one issue, and just wanted to share it and the fix if someone hasn't already figured it out.
After flashing, flashing again for the second battery, and resetting defaults I went on to calibrate.

Only to find out every time I started to calibrate, DJI Assistant told me to reboot my drone.

The issue was discovered that the vision driver is either not signed, or improperly signed in the latest build and Windows 10 would not allow the driver to install.

I simply rebooted to recovery mode, went to advanced and told my system to restart with advanced mode. From there you can pick something of along the lines of "Disable or turn off driver signing." I forget its actually wording. Once this was done, turning on the drone connected to the USB port and allowed the driver to install and for me to calibrate perfectly.

Fingers crossed for semi good weather, and even more a stable flight tomorrow. My hopes are high, as I really don't want to have downgrade again...

Will post here as soon I get to try, maybe the storm will hold off long enough. Anyone else flown yet? If so please post a small clip of the stability.
Here is to hoping tripod mode is back and not wobbly, I missing making hyperlapses.

2018-1-3
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-1-3 16:23
Okay, I just completed maiden flight on beta firmware 02.00.0700. I installed the firmware on the bird, restored factory settings, refreshed the firmware twice per each battery as well as restoring factory settings on each battery. On the final refresh, I did vision sensor calibration with no issues. Deleted DJI GO 4 and reinstalled on iPhone X. Then I calibrated IMU and compass before flight.

I was only able to complete one flight, one battery from 100% to 29%. It started to rain so I could not test further. I am happy to report, so far, everything is running perfect. Recorded using 4K30p D-LOG the whole flight, flight characteristics are so much more refined. In sport mode, no erratic behavior with hard flying in all directions or sudden braking, seems to handle everything more swiftly. IMU Error bug on start-up has not appeared.

Thanks for the feedback Steetmagus.
2018-1-4
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I see only v2.00.106 official firmware and cannot see any beta in DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0, anyone with similar situation?
2018-1-4
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-4 03:18
I see only v2.00.106 official firmware and cannot see any beta in DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0, anyone with similar situation?

the beta 700 is only available to those who have received the email!
2018-1-4
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

I just completed my first flight with 02.00.0700 firmware. So far I encounter that the 02.00.0600 firmware more stable than this one. I'll make a long distance flight tomorow to see how it goes.
2018-1-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules