Latest Firmware not good.
9679 157 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-2 04:04
My bet is that you're using even a new battery or a battery you have not used since the FW upgrade, this will result in this mismatch message.
The good thing is that the upgrade of battery fw only takes a short time.

I have only one battery which I have use before and after the upgrade. Not one jota change in hardware on my side.
2018-2-2
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I have done today more tests and conclude that my update is successful. I have selected a semi-industrial area (large sewage treatment plant) and operated almost direct underneath a 10kV power line. There are also several mobile phone towers nearby and several residential estates with plenty of WiFi routers. Reasonably polluted with EM interference sources. There was a gale warning and the wind was intermittent and rather nasty.
I did all active tracking modes and two spherical panos. In the trace tracking mode I deliberately walked to force the drone into overhanging tree branches. The sun was low and there were often strong areas of over exposures alternating with deep shadows. Everything performed flawless including the obstacle avoidance.
I recorded the live video feed into the internal cache of the tablet. There was no glitch in the live feed or recording at all.
I am satisfied at this stage that my equipment works as it should. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T350 running Android 5.0.2 was not the culprit.
I remain however nervous because I do not know what was wrong and how the "firmware mismatch" was recognised only after testing with a different display unit.

What I do miss is some form of utility which can check on the integrity of individual installed software/firmware  of the triangle Drone/RC/and App - display - controller.

Right now it is tinkering around based on assumptions, guesswork, trial and error. Is it the RC? Or the firmware in the drone? Or is the app corrupted? Or is the tablet/phone not compatible? Did DJI goof? Did I goof?

I can only hope that my equipment will do tomorrow the same what it does today. If another problem arises tomorrow I will again go in circles without knowing what I am doing!  
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tvomfell Posted at 2018-2-2 08:32
Hi DJI Susan, I would also like to be added the the beta for my P4P.   

Thank you

Copy that. I'll help you get the beta soon.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

oldhasbeen Posted at 2018-2-1 23:47
Hi Thor and Susan,
I have operated the drone today with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (not in flight mode but full cellular service) where the app version 4.1.22 is installed (taken from apk mirror some time ago). There were very few corruptions with the live video feed and I was about to concede that the tablet I am using was not compatible indeed.
Just to confirm this (tragedy for me) I connected again to the Galaxy Tab A (no cellular capability and no WiFi enabled therefore completely autonomous.. When the DJI Go 4 app connected to the drone and did the firmware check a warning popped up stating that there was a firmware mismatch and whether I want to update - which I did (remember - everything was offline). The procedure went very fast (few seconds) and I am not sure what was updated. I did then a rather intense active tracking session followed by two spherical panos and went then to an altitude of 250 m (is legally not kosher but my area is far off any airport or flight route) and went to a distance of almost 2 km where I swerved deliberately into an area knowing that I would lose connection. It did happen and the flight log (and the SD video) shows clearly that the drone back traced to the last connected position but the reconnection was too patchy and the RTH sequence took place. It landed precise at the starting point. The live view was perfect throughout (except when there was signal loss). I did not record the live feed to the cache and will do further tests (with cached live feeds) next week. Up to now things look very good.

Sir, the mismatched message will appear if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. Slide the bar will refresh the firmware. No worries.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano, may I know what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? You can check it in General Settings>About. Make sure the firmware are matched, then link RC again. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!
BTW, I do not think the beta is helpful in this kind of situation, please refer the above for better assistance.
2018-2-3
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 01:35
Hi Joi, the beta has been provided, please check your account. Thank you.

Hi Thor or Susan. I do not see the beta in Assistant 2. Should it not pop up in there?
2018-2-3
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

JoiCam Posted at 2018-2-3 05:53
Hi Thor or Susan. I do not see the beta in Assistant 2. Should it not pop up in there?

Thor, Susan or anyone.
Please help me out here.
I only have to day and to morrow to do the upgrade with the beta firmware and do not know when I can do it later because Ill be using the phantom mostly every day next week.
I only do upgrades when I can test it out and have the chance to go back and have the drone ready at least day before using the drone.
I do not know when I can do it later so please can someone tell me if the beta should pop up in in the Assistant 2 when the beta has been provided to my account. Or is there another way to do this?
2018-2-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoiCam Posted at 2018-2-4 04:20
Thor, Susan or anyone.
Please help me out here.
I only have to day and to morrow to do the upgrade with the beta firmware and do not know when I can do it later because Ill be using the phantom mostly every day next week.

The Beta updates for my P4 (not Pro or Advanced) certainly appeared in Assistant 2 on my Windows machine. I would expect it to be the same for any of the devices that Assistant 2 supports.
2018-2-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-4 05:34
The Beta updates for my P4 (not Pro or Advanced) certainly appeared in Assistant 2 on my Windows machine. I would expect it to be the same for any of the devices that Assistant 2 supports.

I wonder if the Assistant 2 version used has any bearing on this ?
2018-2-4
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-4 05:34
The Beta updates for my P4 (not Pro or Advanced) certainly appeared in Assistant 2 on my Windows machine. I would expect it to be the same for any of the devices that Assistant 2 supports.

Thanks Aardvark.
I thought so but the beta does not appear in my Assistant 2
2018-2-4
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-3 02:55
Adriano, may I know what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? You can check it in General Settings>About. Make sure the firmware are matched, then link RC again. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!
BTW, I do not think the beta is helpful in this kind of situation, please refer the above for better assistance.

Susan,

Firmware of the aircraft is 01.05.0300 and remote is 1.4.1.0
DJIgo app is 4.2.4
I'm using an android device, S8 Samsung Galaxy.

It's a brand new aircraft, 3 months, still on warranty. I not able to use it! Any idea? Should really be send for repair!?
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-2-4 08:24
Susan,

Firmware of the aircraft is 01.05.0300 and remote is 1.4.1.0

Adriano, does the issue remains if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, I'm afraid that this can't be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JoiCam Posted at 2018-2-4 04:20
Thor, Susan or anyone.
Please help me out here.
I only have to day and to morrow to do the upgrade with the beta firmware and do not know when I can do it later because Ill be using the phantom mostly every day next week.

JoiCam, I've double checked with the designated team, the beta is available in your account. Please login DJI Assistant 2 and check again. If still not, please kindly offer a backup account, we'd like to check the exact status. Thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JoiCam Posted at 2018-2-2 14:08
Thank you Thor. I hope I have some time to morrow. NO,  Ill make time to morrow an do the upgrade.

Hi friend, I had forwarded the beta once again. Please make sure that the email you provided above is correct and you had signed the same account on DJI Assistant 2. If the beta still doesn't exist, you might need to register another email just for accessing the beta.
2018-2-5
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 02:29
Hi there, I received your PM, the beta has forwarded, please check your account and update the beta. Let me know if you haven't got it. Thank you.

Hello Thor

Please upload again 301 beta to my account
DJI Assistant 2 don't show 301

Thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 00:20
JoiCam, I've double checked with the designated team, the beta is available in your account. Please login DJI Assistant 2 and check again. If still not, please kindly offer a backup account, we'd like to check the exact status. Thanks!

Thanks Susan Ill check it out to day.
2018-2-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 00:22
Hi friend, I had forwarded the beta once again. Please make sure that the email you provided above is correct and you had signed the same account on DJI Assistant 2. If the beta still doesn't exist, you might need to register another email just for accessing the beta.

Ill check if there were something wrong at my side Thor.
Ill let you know.
2018-2-5
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 00:18
Adriano, does the issue remains if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, I'm afraid that this can't be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

Yes, I have tried other devices. I'm trying to open a case. That's too bad!
My second brand new DJI phantom with factory defect!
2018-2-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 00:22
Hi friend, I had forwarded the beta once again. Please make sure that the email you provided above is correct and you had signed the same account on DJI Assistant 2. If the beta still doesn't exist, you might need to register another email just for accessing the beta.

Thank you my friend.
Installed 301 beta, calibrated and reedy to go
Now lets hope the weather allow me to do some testing before to morrow.
Cheers to you Thor and Susan.
2018-2-5
Use props
fansc855280d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160115 ft
Montenegro

HI, I am using Phantom 4 pro +, with latest firmware, but still dont have pano option. Anyone knows what can be a problem? Thanks in advance!
2018-2-5
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

Susan! There are many people with this same disconnection issue! DJI should do something!

Should everybody send our devices for repair??? Unbelievable!

DJI should give an official answer for this!!!

Checkout a recent post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

and so many others:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127036

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=126039

https://forum.dji.com/thread-127433-1-1.html

2018-2-6
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

Susan! There are many people with this same disconnection issue! DJI should do something!

DJI should give an official answer for this!!!

Checkout a recent post:

and so many others:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127036

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=126039

2018-2-6
Use props
Corkster 503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17067 ft
United States

I may have stumbled on a solution for the video connection problem.  At least this worked with my Huawei XT2 Ascend android phone.  I set the Data Save in the on mode.  Granted unrestricted access to compass and DJI GO 4.  On my lunch break I was able to connect for the first time to this device.  I connected 10 out of 10 times in various start up orders with no problems and have a crystal clear video feed. I am using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro and the GO 4 Ver 4.  I hope this helps others!
Corkster 503
2018-2-6
Use props
fans54eb8a42
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue I believe.. Phantom 4 Pro Plus, worked perfectly fine since March 2017.. I didn't use it since November and I went to use it last week and updated everything and now I have No Signal..  The Camera Link Light on the drone is flashing red indicating SD card error, however it's the same card as always and I have tried 3 other cards.. I have long formatted and nothing changes.. Go Fly app picks up SD card but says it cannot format..  Firmware says it's up to date, but than next to it says Abnormal!  

Please help.  I am on the latest Drone and Remote Firmware.. Assistant 2 does not give any further updates.  I have tried resetting remote through android multiple times.  I have tried restoring Defaults multiple times through Assistant 2.  I have tried downgrading firmware... I can't get any video feed or my SD card to format through Go Fly App.

Do I need to send back?  I have 2 more weeks until my 1 year warranty is up.
2018-2-6
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

Thor and Susan, please, checkout the treads:
-Pro Plus Disconnect AC
and
-Loss of signal transmission

They are about the same issue that so many people is experiencing, we need a solution for how to proceed!
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RSS Posted at 2018-2-5 02:54
Hello Thor

Please upload again 301 beta to my account

RSS, we have added you to the list already. If still not, please offer a backup DJI Account, we'll re-arrange for you.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc855280d Posted at 2018-2-5 14:27
HI, I am using Phantom 4 pro +, with latest firmware, but still dont have pano option. Anyone knows what can be a problem? Thanks in advance!

The new firmware of P4P+ will be released soon. You will see the pano at that time.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-2-6 06:20

Adriano, as I mentioned before, it looks like the hardware. After checking all details,  I'm sorry it cannot be figured out remotely. Sorry about this.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans54eb8a42 Posted at 2018-2-6 16:50
I'm having the same issue I believe.. Phantom 4 Pro Plus, worked perfectly fine since March 2017.. I didn't use it since November and I went to use it last week and updated everything and now I have No Signal..  The Camera Link Light on the drone is flashing red indicating SD card error, however it's the same card as always and I have tried 3 other cards.. I have long formatted and nothing changes.. Go Fly app picks up SD card but says it cannot format..  Firmware says it's up to date, but than next to it says Abnormal!  

Please help.  I am on the latest Drone and Remote Firmware.. Assistant 2 does not give any further updates.  I have tried resetting remote through android multiple times.  I have tried restoring Defaults multiple times through Assistant 2.  I have tried downgrading firmware... I can't get any video feed or my SD card to format through Go Fly App.

Hi there, is there any message when you click Abnormal? Please try to remove the SD card to see whether the issue remains. Also, you can try to refresh the current firmware on DJI Assistant 2. If no luck, please contact the support and send it in:  https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-8
Use props
RonRockstar
New
United States

how do you roll back the firmware
2018-2-8
Use props
RSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5945 ft
Portugal

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-2-7 06:32
Thor and Susan, please, checkout the treads:
-Pro Plus Disconnect AC
and

Hello Adriano

Do you have a P4P or P4P+ ?
2018-2-8
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

RSS Posted at 2018-2-8 17:56
Hello Adriano

Do you have a P4P or P4P+ ?

It's a P4P
2018-2-8
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-12 08:35
Yes!  It’s there this morning.
Downloading & installing now.

It’s been a while since I posted here.
But I finally got the Phantom working with the Beta Firmware.
Then, later,  after making sure it ran fine with the release, I decided to sell the darn thing to rid myself of this misadventure.   

This was supposed to be a nice retirement hobby and I didn’t need the ongoing frustration of this thing.
I glady sold it at a big loss just to rid myself of this burden.
DJI, your, product, customer support, and customer relations is horrid. Good riddance.
2019-1-16
Use props
PatchPhoto
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-1-12 06:14
Hy Dji Susan!
I have the same problem. I am asking for a beta firmware.

Hi Susan I have the same problem and am really struggling to hold down my business as I need to take aerial images, please send me patchphoto@outklook.com the beta too.

Thanks

Sarah
2019-1-17
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-17 05:15
Hi Susan I have the same problem and am really struggling to hold down my business as I need to take aerial images, please send me  the beta too.

Thanks

This is an old thread, there is no "beta" now, you should update using the latest firmware release.
2019-1-17
Use props
Jiminy Cricket
lvl.1
United States

I have a new P4Pro and am having the same issues with video...glitchy, delayed and pixels going wonky.
2019-1-23
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PatchPhoto Posted at 1-17 05:15
Hi Susan I have the same problem and am really struggling to hold down my business as I need to take aerial images, please send me  the beta too.

Thanks

I have been on the latest current firmware for many months now without any issues on my P4P just upgrade to the latest and you will be fine ...
2019-1-23
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Jiminy Cricket Posted at 1-23 10:33
I have a new P4Pro and am having the same issues with video...glitchy, delayed and pixels going wonky.

When I was having the same issues,mit didn’t matter on iPad Pro or an iPad Mini 2.
When working correctly it would run on the iPad Mine fine, and even decently on old iPad LTE from 2013!

Firstly make sure you are using an authentic Apple cable.  Some 3rd party ones are not good.

Try this from a previous post of mine:

“I’ve been having lots of week signal and video feed problems with the released firmware update.

Seems I finally got the Beta 01.05.0301 working.
I’ve tried updating & downgrading numerous times with both the controller iPad and with a PC.

Weird solution though:
1. Everything turned on as usual.
2. Format SD card in DJI Go 4.
3. Downgrade firmware using Assistant on a laptop.
4. Updated firmware to the using Assistant on Laptop.
5. Restarted everything.
6. Format SD card again (in craft).

Did a 15 minute test flight. No signal or video feed problems.
Haven’t tested everything of course, but the major problems seem to be resolved.
Even with Cache while video recording turned ON, my iPad Mini 2 was fine on this test flight.”
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules