4454 8 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hey guys i am a new user of mavic pro i own this amazing drone only a week so i am pretty new.I have a few questions about the camera settings.
I had only the chance to fly my drone with very cloudy weather and low temperature so my footage is not so impressing.And because i dont have big expierence
with camera settings i didnt change anything since the day who i took the drone.
Auto Iso-1600
Shutter-1/25
Wb auto-2400K
4k/24
So i need help to figure out which are the best settings for more sharp and  proffesional videos thank you!

2018-1-2
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

This is a good starting point...

2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is what I use (most of the time) with my Mavic Platinum in manual camera settings: -
White balance (never auto) - sunny or cloudy depending on the environment of course
ISO - 100 (never go higher than 400)
2.7K @ 30p in NTSC (I live in the UK but the whole PAL thing is more for analogue and makes no difference these days unless filming in artificial light)
Shutter speed @ 1/60th - thus double the frame rate to create the 180 degree rule - I use an ND filter to support these settings whilst retaining an exposure value of -0.7 - 0
In the camera profiles I set sharpness to +1 and both contrast and saturation to 0
The rest of my image is enhanced in post.
When filming at lower altitudes and need more detail I will use 4K at 30p or c.4K at 24p. And if I want a slow mo effect then 1080p at 60 or 96p - the Platinum seems to have fixed that. Have a play around with your settings and see what works best for you. I also set my rudder to .20 in the EXP under advanced main controller settings and the yaw movement limit to 50 under sensitivty - this massively slows down the yaw for smoother pans and under advanced gimbal settings I have my pitch at 15 and smoothness at 20 - this slows down the pitch speed of the gimbal tilt too.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

theothernt Posted at 2018-1-2 13:40
This is a good starting point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2m5FpaOpJ8

thank you very much for the videos!
2018-1-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 13:49
This is what I use (most of the time) with my Mavic Platinum in manual camera settings: -
White balance (never auto) - sunny or cloudy depending on the environment of course
ISO - 100 (never go higher than 400)

thank you very much i will try those settings in the next flights when the weather will be good again sadly its windy also the last days!I am curious to ask why the 4k is not the best option always?
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because the bit rate on the Mavic is 60MBPS which makes 4K very compressed as it’s too slow and causes digital artefact in the footage - you’ll notice the difference when recording patterns such as tiled roofs on buildings etc 2.7K is the best resolution for the Mavic IMO but 4K is still useable.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 15:03
Because the bit rate on the Mavic is 60MBPS which makes 4K very compressed as it’s too slow and causes digital artefact in the footage - you’ll notice the difference when recording patterns such as tiled roofs on buildings etc 2.7K is the best resolution for the Mavic IMO but 4K is still useable.

thanks for the info i hope for better results the sunny days!
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the camera settings, I tend to think it is the personal preference, and sometimes relate to the environment. Maybe there are some skilled pilots will share their experience on it.
For me myself,  I think a very important thing is about the stability and smoothness.
Practice more, I believe you will find the best settings and control.

2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, light does play a massive part in the image - make sure the EV is always 0 or slightly lower - never plus as it’s almost impossible to work with over exposed images
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules