What "Working" NFZ Database Version Do You Have Installed?
1120 9 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a P4P (Not a Plus) and are having Zero to Minimal Issues with updating the NFZ Database (Android) on the P4P would you please share which version is installed? I have been trying to track down the reason as to why everytime I update per the pop-up request, it obviously fails.
Like many others, I get a "positive" indication of D/L etc., then I get to my location and try to fly, and get the usual crap flight restrictions (similar to Beginner's Mode) and have to switch apps to fly. That's not really a problem, I just want to sort this mess out, and try understand why some have issues, and others don't.

Thanks!
2018-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Without you describing the situation in detail, it sounds like you are being limited to 30 Metres height by 50 Metres distance. If so, this is not to do with the NFZ, but you are required to log onto DJI to release the flight limits.  You only need to do this once, preferably at home, but stay logged in even though you shut down the app and aircraft later.
2018-1-2
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-2 14:52
Without you describing the situation in detail, it sounds like you are being limited to 30 Metres height by 50 Metres distance. If so, this is not to do with the NFZ, but you are required to log onto DJI to release the flight limits.  You only need to do this once, preferably at home, but stay logged in even though you shut down the app and aircraft later.

....been there done that... --  not being rude, but that is NOT the problem. I can login just fine etc. This is related to the file that has been downloaded, NOT installing. Yes, the F/W has been refreshed etc.
In Detail--- The Steps:
1) I connect my Android Device via the OTG to the A/C
2) I Turn On the Controller
3) I Turn On the A/C
4) I Get Prompt To Update NFZ Database - I Accept
5) Download Begins ---->>>> I get the "Finish" prompt, I do so.
6) I Shutdown A/C
7) I Shutdown Controller
8) I restart Android Device
9) I Connect and Start Controller
10) I Start A/C
11) Device lists choices of apps - I choose Go4
12) Version Check etc.
13) Go Fly
14) Verify I'm Logged In At Office and Again At Location
15) Flight Is Limited.
16) I switch Apps and Fly on my way

2018-1-2
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bumped... can anyone help?
2018-1-3
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Gulfstream Posted at 2018-1-2 15:00
....been there done that... --  not being rude, but that is NOT the problem. I can login just fine etc. This is related to the file that has been downloaded, NOT installing. Yes, the F/W has been refreshed etc.
In Detail--- The Steps:
1) I connect my Android Device via the OTG to the A/C

change the max distance and and max height in your setting that tends to reset when you reset your firmware
2018-1-3
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2018-1-3 05:22
change the max distance and and max height in your setting that tends to reset when you reset your firmware

Nope that's not it either. All of those entries were reset / updated after the FW Refresh   --

Maybe I should rephrase my Question: If Anyone Here Flies The P4P (Not Plus), And Has Successfully Applied the NFZ Updates when prompted, Can you please fire up your drone and look the About Section of the General Settings (where it shows your FW etc.) and confirm if you have: Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05

We have crap weather today and I cannot fly to see if the Update actually worked this time. Thanks A Million!
2018-1-3
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Solved
2018-1-3
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Good to hear

May i please ask why you insisted to not hear from plus owners, as the NFZ system is in the AC and those are the same with or without the plus RC it would make no difference.
2018-1-4
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-4 03:27
Good to hear

May i please ask why you insisted to not hear from plus owners, as the NFZ system is in the AC and those are the same with or without the plus RC it would make no difference.

Good morning, The reason why is I wasn't exactly sure what the issue was (regarding the update NOT applying), and I have no experience with the Plus. I simply wanted an apples to apples comparison after we "thought" we had succeeded, and as it turns out -  we have success! BTW... I also had no idea that the database would be the same on ALL DJI aircraft. I'm skeptical enough to always assume just the opposite.

2018-1-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Gulfstream Posted at 2018-1-4 07:35
Good morning, The reason why is I wasn't exactly sure what the issue was (regarding the update NOT applying), and I have no experience with the Plus. I simply wanted an apples to apples comparison after we "thought" we had succeeded, and as it turns out -  we have success! BTW... I also had no idea that the database would be the same on ALL DJI aircraft. I'm skeptical enough to always assume just the opposite.

Point taken, was just wondering as it looked more important to specify no plus than no IOS even you did write Android.

I don't know if all get the same version but being a package of it's own i guess so.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules