Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
6 Tips to Make Your Aerial Videography Stand Out
123Next >
18001 84 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

6 Tips to Make Your Aerial Videography Stand Out

Do you sometimes find your aerial footage dull and wonder how you can give it a boost? Killer drone shots are not that hard to achieve. Below are 6 aerial videography tips to make your aerial footage stand out!
Combine Different Axis Movements

Your footage can hardly stand out when your drone only moves forwards or backward. To add more depth to your footage, you can try out different combinations of axis movements. For instance, simultaneously fly up and backward or fly sideways while flying up and forward. Make sure to be gentle on the remote controller’s sticks as slow and steady movements make your footage more cinematic.

Recorded with Mavic Pro

If you still need some time to get the hang of drone operations, we recommend you use Tapfly mode. This intelligent flight mode sends your drone flying steadily in the direction you tap on the screen so that you can focus on other operations, making complex flight combos easy to achieve. Just press and hold the target area on the screen and wait for the GO icon to appear. Then tap GO to confirm, and your drone will fly towards the target location. It’s almost like you have an experienced pilot assisting you.

Orbit

Circling an object can add a tremendous cinematic impact to your footage. You can navigate a circle manually by maintaining the target in the middle as you fly sideways while yawing the opposite direction.
Be aware it takes a lot of training to fly a perfect circle manually. Luckily, you can take advantage of the Point of interest intelligent flight mode. In this mode, your drone will automatically circle at a smooth rate, during which you can quickly adjust height and radius. However, note that there’s no obstacle avoidance when flying sideways. So, you’ll need to tap pause in case of emergency.

Fly at Low Altitude
Many people assume that aerial videography is all about gaining height. Though high altitude flying can accommodate an ampler shooting space, low altitude flying can show objects in detail and create an immersive experience. Additionally, when you speed up, you can easily convey an intense feeling to your footage. But pay attention to the flight environment, especially the changes of obstacle height, to ensure flight safety.

Follow the Subject from Different Angles

Following a subject from behind is a classic filming move. But since it’s easy to film from different angles with your drone, why not try them out?  ActiveTrack can assist you effortlessly keep the subject in the center of the frame no matter which angle you take. Trace mode will follow the subject as it moves away even if they change the direction. In Profile mode, your drone will fly parallel the subject. It will stay the same distance away from the subject. You can always adjust the framing of the subject by using the tilt dial. Consider different combinations to make your footage more interesting. Always pay attention to the flight environment when flying sideways or backward.

Sideways Movements

Want to reveal the surrounding landscape from another perspective? Strafing movements take care of that! Choose an object to start, then move to the side and let the subject slide across so you can show the landscape behind. Your footage will have a more intense sense of space when it’s shot with a wide-angle lens.

Avoid Sudden Movements

Don’t make sudden adjustments unless it’s for safety reasons as an unnecessary push of the remote controller stick may ruin a good shot, as demonstrated below. Maintain the preset direction and keep the gimbal motion smooth. Additionally, remember to tap the record button a few seconds in advance so that you won’t miss the ideal moment.

Do you find these shot techniques and maneuvers helpful? Try out some new maneuvers and share your stunning footage with us!

The content origins from: BUYINGGUIDES
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tips!
2018-1-3
Use props
Monsinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272490 ft
Sweden

Great tips in short format!
2018-1-3
Use props
BigBird2
First Officer
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good tips and with video.
2018-1-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Tip #7:  MAKE SURE your UAV is recording.  -I can't tell you how many times I tapped "record" and it didn't record, rather recorded every other clip where I was getting in position.  Make sure the video timer is rolling.  Don't miss that perfect shot.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-1-3 20:28
Tip #7:  MAKE SURE your UAV is recording.  -I can't tell you how many times I tapped "record" and it didn't record, rather recorded every other clip where I was getting in position.  Make sure the video timer is rolling.  Don't miss that perfect shot.

This is really important as well
2018-1-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-1-3 20:29
This is really important as well

LOL, you'd think flying is the most difficult part of the operation?  
2018-1-3
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Thanks for the tips
2018-1-3
Use props
Roy C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4692 ft
Philippines

Make sure you bring SD card! haha it almost ruin my Christmas vacation after I found out on site that my SD card is miles away from me, good thing there is a store in town that sells low class one. Got no option but to buy it and hope for the best.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-1-3 20:39
LOL, you'd think flying is the most difficult part of the operation?

every part is not simple for me since i am so new
so i always bring my friend with me when flying the drone
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Roy C Posted at 2018-1-3 21:50
Make sure you bring SD card! haha it almost ruin my Christmas vacation after I found out on site that my SD card is miles away from me, good thing there is a store in town that sells low class one. Got no option but to buy it and hope for the best.

at least you got one at last!
2018-1-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Thanks for shatre !!
2018-1-4
Use props
Colin G4GBP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42533 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing your tips. I will try to remember some of these manoeuvres when flying conditions improve. Currently blowing a hooley!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Colin G4GBP Posted at 2018-1-4 01:18
Thank you for sharing your tips. I will try to remember some of these manoeuvres when flying conditions improve. Currently blowing a hooley!

take care when flying!
2018-1-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Happy new year Grace and thank you for this very good new tutorial!
2018-1-4
Use props
BerkoZg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

Great tips. I will use it in my next vid.
2018-1-4
Use props
fansb004b644
lvl.1

Australia

en posible bolar dod drons fiferentes de el mismo telefono?
2018-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great tips thanks dji Grace
2018-1-4
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES!!! that happens quite often, if there is not real  good signal between remote and drone! its really important to build awareness of the information display panel on phone/tablet/screen!

2018-1-4
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
First Officer
Flight distance : 629747 ft
Malta

Thank you for the interesting tips!
2018-1-4
Use props
lucass34
lvl.1
Spain

good to know
2018-1-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Again, great tutorial!
2018-1-4
Use props
FXF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68123 ft

Austria

...good and short help for making my footage better - thank you DJI Grace
2018-1-4
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

What else to expect, good tips and well documented. Thanks Grace.
2018-1-4
Use props
czechmark01
First Officer
Flight distance : 1078343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2018-1-4
Use props
czechmark01
First Officer
Flight distance : 1078343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!
2018-1-4
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

great tips
2018-1-4
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for these tips!
2018-1-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Grace, thanks for the great tips !
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37457 ft
United States

Very helpful, thanks Grace
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-4 18:05
Very helpful, thanks Grace

You are welcome!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2018-1-4 15:21
DJI Grace, thanks for the great tips !

Glad to hear the tips helpful!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-4 12:43
What else to expect, good tips and well documented. Thanks Grace.

Thank you for your kind comment!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-4 02:58
Happy new year Grace and thank you for this very good new tutorial!

Happy New Year!
2018-1-4
Use props
ropate
First Officer
Flight distance : 856847 ft
Australia

awesome thanks.  just got to get my movements mosre gradual
2018-1-4
Use props
Little John
lvl.4
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Top tips thanks
2018-1-4
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Combine Different Axis Movements is the key. I try that most of the time, but it takes some practice.
2018-1-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

TIP 7 - get a devise on which the djigo app and updates work so that you have more time to spend practicing with your drone than you do trying to figure out app problems caused by updates. DJI recomended device list is a poor guide to which devices actually work.
2018-1-5
Use props
MKPSG12
First Officer
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Or in the correct mode photo/video, i've take tons of photos before getting frustrated why it won't just start recording! Why on earth pressing the video record button on the remote doesn't automatically switch modes is beyond me!
2018-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Another great tutorial. Thanks for posting it!
2018-1-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules