1326 10 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gianluca Vassal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 629747 ft
Malta

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask, have someone here used the DJI Care replacement? Would the aircraft be in a new or prestine condition? I am asking this since I sent my drone for repair and I'm not sure if it is wise to wait for the damage diagnostics and quotation or else head on to using the DJI Care replacement immediately?

Thank you!
2018-1-3
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Even you will ask for repair it is highly likely that you will not get your drone back DJI will still send a replacement which will be in a refurbished condition.

If you are in a hurry go for the replacement under care refresh straightaway otherwise wait for the damage quotation to see which is more cost effective.

You can also consider how much longer you have left on your care refresh plan. If you are near to expiry then go for the replacement otherwise it might be wise to save it for any other eventualities in the future.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
lvl.4
Malta

dan_vector Posted at 2018-1-3 01:18
Even you will ask for repair it is highly likely that you will not get your drone back DJI will still send a replacement which will be in a refurbished condition.

If you are in a hurry go for the replacement under care refresh straightaway otherwise wait for the damage quotation to see which is more cost effective.

Hi Dan,

I still have 10 months on my DJI Care plan. Have you ever sent a drone in for repair?
2018-1-3
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2018-1-3 01:30
Hi Dan,

I still have 10 months on my DJI Care plan. Have you ever sent a drone in for repair?

Yes I did. I sent my Mavic in after a crash into a tree during active track (user error!). The quotation was around $160 which I approved and paid. I didn't get my original drone back - I received what appeared to be a new one. I elected to keep my Care Refresh in case of a future incident.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
lvl.4
Malta

dan_vector Posted at 2018-1-3 02:27
Yes I did. I sent my Mavic in after a crash into a tree during active track (user error!). The quotation was around $160 which I approved and paid. I didn't get my original drone back - I received what appeared to be a new one. I elected to keep my Care Refresh in case of a future incident.

Thanks Dan for your reply. If you dont mind me asking, how long did the repair process take and were you happy with their service?
2018-1-3
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Oman

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2018-1-3 02:33
Thanks Dan for your reply. If you dont mind me asking, how long did the repair process take and were you happy with their service?

It took 12 calendar days from when the drone was picked up to when it was delivered back to me. Yes I was broadly happy with the repair service however, like everyone, I would have preferred MY drone back however that would probably have made the repair process much longer. It would be nice to have the choice though in my view.
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Expect a refurb but one that is as good as new.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Gianluca, may I have your case number for better assistance? Generally, I'd suggest to wait the quotation and decide whether to use the refresh chance based on the actual cost.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
lvl.4
Malta

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-3 23:37
Hi Gianluca, may I have your case number for better assistance? Generally, I'd suggest to wait the quotation and decide whether to use the refresh chance based on the actual cost.

Hi Susan,

Here is my case number; CAS-1338630-C8S2V1 . It was signed yesterday but the website still doesnt show that they received it.
2018-1-4
Use props
Gianluca Vassal
lvl.4
Malta

dan_vector Posted at 2018-1-3 08:01
It took 12 calendar days from when the drone was picked up to when it was delivered back to me. Yes I was broadly happy with the repair service however, like everyone, I would have preferred MY drone back however that would probably have made the repair process much longer. It would be nice to have the choice though in my view.

Fingers crossed that they dont take a long time! Thanks again dan!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gianluca Vassal Posted at 2018-1-4 01:13
Hi Susan,

Here is my case number; CAS-1338630-C8S2V1 . It was signed yesterday but the website still doesnt show that they received it.

Received with thanks! It takes some time to check-in and update in our system, no worries. We'll keep follow up the status and update for you.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules