Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Allrighty then! What accessory makes it easier to hold?
1624 14 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

Well, since it is cold as an ex.. uh.. very cold outside! (lol), figured to ask what I am interested in most.. well, besides the lottery

I love using my ipad with my controller, but it is very awkward to hold. I saw something once that had some sort of a mount for what appeared to be an ipad.

What do you use?

I hate having to take my iphone 7 plus out of my Mophie to put it into the controller.

What do you guys use that also have an ipad that is 9.7"?

Also... if you have (for instance) 5 batteries. You could, theorhetically, fly non-stop or very close to it... except the controller would run out and/or the iphone would also.

Do you have a second controller second iphone etc?

Not that that is a major issue as, honestly.... flying 2-4 batteries, I am excited to get inside to play with the videos so.. heh.. but, just adding to my wish list and looking for ideas

Thanks!

Russ

2018-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are tons of tablet mounts out there, depending on you preference.(check amazon) . Your controller battery can handle flying 4 maybe 5 batteries for continuous flights. So no real need for a second controller unless you’re flying with a friend.
2018-1-3
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

I use an iPad Mini 4 when flying and bought  this tablet mount for it. I also bought some photographers gloves  that allow me to pop my index fingers and thumb outside of the gloves. Haven't tried them yet as it is a touch windy in the UK at the moment. However, if they stop me losing feelings in my fingers whilst flying I will be a happy chappy.
Did 3 full batteries the other day (all down to 20%) and still had 54% battery life left in my controller. So I wouldn't worry about a 2nd comtroller.
2018-1-3
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-1-3 06:29
I use an iPad Mini 4 when flying and bought  this tablet mount for it. I also bought some photographers gloves  that allow me to pop my index fingers and thumb outside of the gloves. Haven't tried them yet as it is a touch windy in the UK at the moment. However, if they stop me losing feelings in my fingers whilst flying I will be a happy chappy.
Did 3 full batteries the other day (all down to 20%) and still had 54% battery life left in my controller. So I wouldn't worry about a 2nd comtroller.

I use this mount with an 10.5 Pad pro, have tried several different mounts ,this on is cool because you can collapse it, and it keeps the center of gravity low.

Skyreat Mount
2018-1-3
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-3 06:24
There are tons of tablet mounts out there, depending on you preference.(check amazon) . Your controller battery can handle flying 4 maybe 5 batteries for continuous flights. So no real need for a second controller unless you’re flying with a friend.

Flying with a friend? I am new, sorry. Can you explain that statement? Letting them fly too, or one controlling the drone and one the camera? Not sure what that means.. heh

Thank you very much guys for the links! I will check out those mounts and I already have tips removed on my gloves from Paintball

Russ
2018-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rancher Posted at 2018-1-3 09:35
Flying with a friend? I am new, sorry. Can you explain that statement? Letting them fly too, or one controlling the drone and one the camera? Not sure what that means.. heh

Thank you very much guys for the links! I will check out those mounts and I already have tips removed on my gloves from Paintball

Two controllers second one controls the camera or drone. But the first controller has priority meaning first controller overrides all controls. I only mentioned this because you asked about a second controller.
2018-1-3
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
United States

Welp.. I did not order a second controller, but I did just order a couple items. one, the PGYTech L200 Sunshade and the SKYREAT DJI Mavic Pro Tablet mount holder.

The price on those was just too low to not get so my ipad is more usable ;)

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the input!

Russ
2018-1-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I bought one of the early 3D printed versions for my iPad2 Mini.  Came with a strap so Is don't have to hang onto it all the time.  Very handy and comfy to fly.
2018-1-3
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

I use the PolarPro phone mount so I don't have to remove and put back my S8+ case every time. The phone clamps of the remote make a nice grip for my hands and I found out that it's easier to view the screen with the mount. You have to use a longer cable too.

As with flying on one RC charge. I was able to fully fly on 4 batteries with about 25-30% left over in each battery and still having around 20% charge left on the RC. I guess you can go with 5 batteries too but I wouldn't push it that far myself. You could just get a big battery pack that has 20,000+ mAh charge on Amazon for less than $50. It's good for charging batteries and your phone but it's a little slower.
2018-1-3
Use props
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found this:

Tablet/Phone Holder

Looks very nice although the price is up there, will most likely be my next investment.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This was what I bought from DJI Store, holds my iPad Pro 9.7 nicely, quality machined anodised aluminium build:-

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder
2018-1-6
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-6 07:23
This was what I bought from DJI Store, holds my iPad Pro 9.7 nicely, quality machined anodised aluminium build:-

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder

[that is a dandy Gordon Setter, Aardvark  'o)  ]
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-7 03:43
[that is a dandy Gordon Setter, Aardvark  'o)  ]

Almost, he's an 'English Working Cocker Spaniel' (as opposed to the 'English Show Cocker Spaniel', which is slightly different again from the American Cocker Spaniel), his mother worked as a gun dog and deer stalker :-)
2018-1-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sometimes use an iPad suction cup mount attached to the side window of my truck, I also use a 6 ft lightning cable attached to the controller for mobility. It works great..
2018-1-7
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-7 04:29
Almost, he's an 'English Working Cocker Spaniel' (as opposed to the 'English Show Cocker Spaniel', which is slightly different again from the American Cocker Spaniel), his mother worked as a gun dog and deer stalker :-)

I grew up (till I was 9 years old, when he died) with an English Cocker. My father brought him back from England when he returned from his tour as a B-17/P-51 pilot in WWII.

His name was 'FLAK'.  
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules