Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Mavic Wobbles hard
1709 10 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
headph0nz
lvl.1
United States

I have used the mavic pro about 5 times and 4 of the 5 it wobbles like this.  The winds are not even that high.  I have seen many videos online of mavic flying in much higher winds and no wobble at all.  I calibrated all there is to calibrate including camera.  Is this a defect?  Should I contact support?  

To add I also noticed that many of my videos clips and photos are blurry on the right side of the screen.  Never do I get fully focused shots.  Another issue?  
2018-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

For focusing you have to tap on the screen, Mavic doesn’t auto focus. Not sure why you’re gimbal is bouncy. Check to make sure it’s attached correctly.
2018-1-3
Use props
headph0nz
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-3 06:29
For focusing you have to tap on the screen, Mavic doesn’t auto focus. Not sure why you’re gimbal is bouncy. Check to make sure it’s attached correctly.

It is, all the clips are in place.  I do touch the screen to focus it still always leaves the right side out of focus as though the lens is not seated proper.  You can see in this clip it is clearly focused on the left and not on the right.  
2018-1-3
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Did you do a gimbal calibration? Change anything recently, like update the AC?
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the camera settings and reset the camera. This issues have also been known to be caused by the micro SD card - change that too. If still persists then refresh the FW in Assistant 2 and recalibrate the gimbal in the app. If that still does not fix the issue then raise a ticket with DJI support and ship it back for checks and repair.
2018-1-3
Use props
headph0nz
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-3 07:10
Go into the camera settings and reset the camera. This issues have also been known to be caused by the micro SD card - change that too. If still persists then refresh the FW in Assistant 2 and recalibrate the gimbal in the app. If that still does fix the issue then raise a ticket with DJI support and ship it back for checks and repair.

Looks like I am sending it in to DJI for repair.  Did all updates and calibrations and test flight still had same issues.  Hope it comes back soon!  
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

headph0nz Posted at 2018-1-3 09:03
Looks like I am sending it in to DJI for repair.  Did all updates and calibrations and test flight still had same issues.  Hope it comes back soon!

Sometimes it is best to surrender and return it. At least the replacement should be perfect. You made the right decision.
2018-1-3
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

The gimble 'clips' are in place you say?
You did remove the gimble stabilizer right? The plastic protective piece that holds it in place?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, is the gimbal shaking when you initiate the drone on the ground? Please check if the gimbal is mounted properly, and try to calibrate the gimbal and IMU and test again. If it is the same situation and you haven't sent back, please send an original video and a screenshot of the firmware info (About in General settings), I would have our engineers to confirm.
And for the fouse issue, please check if there it has dust on the lens, or try to reset the camera settings. If it is the same case, please kindly send the drone back, we will help to take care of it. Please contact our support for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-3
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

If you can try new propellers. Did you recently change them or are they damaged in any way? I doubt it caused your gimbal to shake but I've seen a few reports of the new propellers or just worn ones causing problems with the gimbal.
2018-1-3
Use props
headph0nz
lvl.1
United States

Best Buy had an extended holiday return/exchange, I was able to swap it out for a new package and it works perfect now.  Love it!  
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules