1875 6 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Newbie question coming up. As a newish Mavic owner (got mine early December) I am unsure as to how often to change propellers. Is there a defined number of hours in which a set of propellers should be flown before replacement ? My propellers at the moment have about 3hrs on the or about 42km. I would say that they still have plenty of life left in them as there are no visible signs of damage (Touch wood I havent crashed my Mavic yet) and the drone is stored in a foam lined solid case.

So what are everyones thoughts on this please.
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The official DJI stance is that props should be replaced every 200 flights providing they maintain excellent condition. Never fly with even a slightly damaged prop. With an average flight time of 22 minutes that’s 73+ hours in the air.
2018-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the Mavic becomes unstable and bounce around you may want to change them. Or after a crash. I changed mine every 5/ 6 months.
2018-1-3
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I noticed the jellies in my video. When I was looking for the cause, I discovered that one of the propeller blades loosely hangs

2018-1-3
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you all for replies. At least I have an idea as to how long they should last and what to look for.
2018-1-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have 2 Mavics and i have 8 extra props. If i see one split i change all 4 of them. Maybe a waste to some but not to me.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey there, A CW is right on 2#, we suggest 200 sorties (take off and landing) for a set of propellers. But it also depends on the practical use and situation. Change it if necessary.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules