Spark wont take off/hover/fly
3343 4 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1ANuXBK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 717631 ft
United States

hi all. i recently got the spark and after 7 days of ownership, i am encountering issues. i will detail what happend to the best of my memory.

December 31st, morning - i flew the spark in an open field with no issues like i always have, got a few crashes but craft flew again with no issues after the crash. after draining the 2 packs, i went home and charged up.

December 31st, afternoon - after charging up the 2 packs, i went up to our roof top and tried to fly again. please note that i have flown from our roof top before with no issues. on the initial take off, the drone rised about 5 or 6 inches from the ground and started swaying left to right, front to back, and kept bouncing up and down, hitting the ground in the process. i immediately stopped flying thinking that it was the wind that was causing the behaviour. i went inside the house and tried my flight indoor, i was able to do so with no issues.

December 31st, evening - i went up to the rooftop again and tried a flight. still the same thing. this time, there was no wind. the drone still kept bouncing up and down, drifting left to right and front to back. i kept trying and trying until i drained my first pack. when i got to the second pack, the spark's behaviour was a bit manageable, i raised it to my head level, about 6 feet from where i was standing, hovered it around me and there was no problem. i even tried flying the spark 400 meters away from where i was. i noticed my footage was very shaky. i took the drone back and hovered it above me and observed. i tried to raise it about 20 meters high and when i checked the telemetry, i saw the height dropping fast. i turn my head on the spark and saw it falling really fast. it crashed. immediately i checked up on it. found no damages except for 2 broken propellers and scratches on the unit.

January 1st. morning - thinking that the issue was about my location, i tried it on a different one and still got the same thing.

January 2nd. morning - tried to calibrate the IMU before flight, was able to fly the spark with no problem. until i got to the 2nd battery. i got the same problem again. charged up the first battery again to see and find out whether it was the battery that's causing the problem, but i got the same problem again even on the first battery?!?

tried a firmware refresh, no good. firmware refresh + imu calibration=still no good. firmware downgrade =no good. firmware upgrade +imu calibration + compass calibration = still no good.

on the morning of January 3, i was able to fly the spark again with no problems on my first battery. when i got to the 2nd battery the problem reappeared. tried the first battery again and the problem is still there.

i dont know what to do now. please advise.

also, i reported this to DJI on December 31 but has gotten no response. hope i could fly again soon
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

To me this very much sounds as if your Spark got damaged in the crashes and only randomly works again. Have you opened your support case using this link? https://www.dji.com/support If not, I would recommend to do it again.
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_1ANuXBK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 717631 ft
United States

thanks. i will try doing this again. i am still hoping there is a fix on this without sending back the unit to DJI. i so love this drone. i miss flying already
2018-1-3
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Get a cheap toy quadrocopter and crash that in the meantime :-)
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to hear the accident. There might be some delay due to the holiday. For the issue you referred, I'm afraid that that the aircraft performance can not be ensured after the crash. It is suggested to send it in for a fully diagnosis and repair. You can start a online case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules