Flight Record and Video Cache
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adidasp4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24767 ft
South Africa

Hi there,  Does the Dji Go App stop recording flight data (flight path/altitude etc) when my mobile device doesnt have any more storage? Or is it that Because I turned off video cache to my mobile device (to save storage on my mobile) that the app is not keeping track of the flight data ?

Thanks in Advance
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The flight data is recorded inside the drone, there is a flight record is recorded in the APP. The video Cache option won't affect the flight records. Is there anything wrong with your APP flight records?
2018-1-7
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-7 22:25
The flight data is recorded inside the drone, there is a flight record is recorded in the APP. The video Cache option won't affect the flight records. Is there anything wrong with your APP flight records?

Yes, for my first few flights my flight records were up to date and worked perfectly, However since I Did not have enough storage on my mobile, I switched off video cache. Now My flight records are not working perfectly, it wont update my altitude travelled , distance etc. What can be the cause for that ?
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Adidasp4 Posted at 2018-1-7 23:09
Yes, for my first few flights my flight records were up to date and worked perfectly, However since I Did not have enough storage on my mobile, I switched off video cache. Now My flight records are not working perfectly, it wont update my altitude travelled , distance etc. What can be the cause for that ?

Have you checked the flight record list? Can you see all of your flight records there? What mobile device are you using? What is the APP version? Could you please provide some screenshots of this issue?
2018-1-8
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

I'm Using An LG G6 & am  using the DJI go app version : 4.1.18.
The app doesn't record all my flight records, I'm missing the records of a few long & short flights that I did.
Then if it does keep a record, it won't update the max overall attitude that I did or the max overall distance that I did. I've clicked the cloud icon and to import the records, but it won't update the overall max distance or height that I did.

I doubt the cause for that is because I turned off video cache to my mobile
sketch-1515417920539.png
sketch-1515417989417.png
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Adidasp4 Posted at 2018-1-8 05:27
I'm Using An LG G6 & am  using the DJI go app version : 4.1.18.
The app doesn't record all my flight records, I'm missing the records of a few long & short flights that I did.
Then if it does keep a record, it won't update the max overall attitude that I did or the max overall distance that I did. I've clicked the cloud icon and to import the records, but it won't update the overall max distance or height that I did.

Not sure what your pictures show but be aware that "Top Altitude" from second Pic is/should be the take off altitude above sea level, not the flight altitude above take off point.

Check this post where i wondered the same.
2018-1-8
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-8 07:02
Not sure what your pictures show but be aware that "Top Altitude" from second Pic is/should be the take off altitude above sea level, not the flight altitude above take off point.

Check this post where i wondered the same.

I understand what you are saying , however there seems to be a debate on this "max Altitude" see link - https://forum.dji.com/thread-77615-1-1.html.
My second problem is that the App doesn't keep the record  of all the flights. I'm missing 2 or 3 entire flights of data/ flight path/altitude/ speed etc.
I cant seem to figure the cause
2018-1-8
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

(Edit : The link in the above post didn't work, I've fixed it in this post )I understand what you are saying , however there seems to be a debate on this "max Altitude" see link - https://forum.dji.com/thread-77615-1-1.html
My second problem is that the App doesn't keep the record  of all the flights. I'm missing 2 or 3 entire flights of data/ flight path/altitude/ speed etc.
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Adidasp4 Posted at 2018-1-8 08:46
I understand what you are saying , however there seems to be a debate on this "max Altitude" see link - https://forum.dji.com/thread-77615-1-1.html.

I believe it is supposed to be the max takeoff altitude, but as i also argue in my own thread it is buggy. At some point it stated more then 2000 meters on the same date and i know for sure my max takeoff altitude is around 20m all flights included like i can guarantee that i have not been in altitudes anywhere near 2000 meters from take off

I also have problems getting my flights synced back, think i miss around 30 flights right now and total Travel Distance in app say 87,850 now but as you can see to the left should be around 157000.
My Top altitude today tell 203.2 as pr. 01/01/2018 but i really think 20,3 might be closer to truth.
2018-1-8
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-8 09:09
I believe it is supposed to be the max takeoff altitude, but as i also argue in my own thread it is buggy. At some point it stated more then 2000 meters on the same date and i know for sure my max takeoff altitude is around 20m all flights included like i can guarantee that i have not been in altitudes anywhere near 2000 meters from take off

I also have problems getting my flights synced back, think i miss around 30 flights right now and total Travel Distance in app say 87,850 now but as you can see to the left should be around 157000.

Is there any reason why we are missing flights? The cause & the Fix?
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Is there any reason why we are missing flights? - Yes

The cause & the Fix? - DJI's servers and systems, to fix it is in the hands of DJI
2018-1-9
Use props
Adidasp4
lvl.1
South Africa

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-9 02:45
Is there any reason why we are missing flights? - Yes

The cause & the Fix? - DJI's servers and systems, to fix it is in the hands of DJI

I spoke to DJI Support Via Chat, the agent told me that he will send my issue to the 'Developers' and will get back to me as soon as possible. So i'm waiting for their response
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules