Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
i've lost my phantom 3 advanced in forest
1234Next >
5554 142 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Hello! Sorry for my english. i'm from Kazakhstan. Yesterday 02 january 2018. at 14:53  i have lost my aircraft. Phantom 3 advanced. Connection with my controller lost. today we tryied  to find aircraft in the forest, 2.5 hours we tried to find it. but unfortunetly it's gone. what can i do? i think it was a problems whith software...

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-02_[14-49-20].rar

128.69 KB, Down times: 12

2018-1-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can post your flight log here:       http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I did it, and i know the last coordinates :  53.088641,70.245768

But we can't find it there
2018-1-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 07:14
I did it, and i know the last coordinates :  53.088641,70.245768

But we can't find it there

My first concern is why didn't the RTH kick-in after you lost your connection?  Or did it? Too late at this point, but if you would have left your controller on and went in the direction you lost it, it may have picked up the signal even if the aircraft was on the ground. Unless it hit a tree, building, etc. and knocked the battery out of it. Sorry for your loss. I haven't looked a the flight record, but did you have a fresh battery, or what was the battery level when you lost connection......I guess I'm trying to figure out how much farther it may have gone if it was in fact just flying. You last coordinates is where you should start, but it may be a long ways from that point. Best of luck to you.
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coordinates are good to know for crashes but pointless for lost signal and RTH malfunction. A drone flying autonomously at just 20MPH in an unknown direction can cover a distance of 1.67 miles in 5 minutes... depending on the location I think it’s safe to say that you’ve lost the drone. Best to contact DJI support directly and see what they can do in terms of a replacement.
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

A CW Posted at 2018-1-3 08:18
Coordinates are good to know for crashes but pointless for lost signal and RTH malfunction. A drone flying autonomously at just 20MPH in an unknown direction can cover a distance of 1.67 miles in 5 minutes... depending on the location I think it’s safe to say that you’ve lost the drone. Best to contact DJI support directly and see what they can do in terms of a replacement.

thank you! I hope they will  give me a new phantom 3 adv
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 09:49
thank you! I hope they will  give me a new phantom 3 adv

Fingers crossed for you
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

when it's happened, i pressed RTH several times.  And i drive by car to that point. My girlfriend waited at the home point. But all it was useless
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

the problem is that in Kazakhstan, phantom 3 advanced is expensive aircraft. Our economics is weak. For example: 1000 $ is a big money for us(
2018-1-3
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

I think 3 things are possible when Phantom loses the control signal. (1) Phantom hovers in place until the battery dies and lands. (2) Phantom tries to RTH return home at the set altitude you have set on the DJI GO app. If any obstruction higher than set altitude, Phantom will crash into that obstruction. (3) Phantom tries to RTH return to home and battery dies, Phantom goes down.
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

2018-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-3 07:00
You can post your flight log here:       http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Quoted for emphasis
2018-1-3
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Looks like a lot of trees it could be in.
2018-1-3
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Aircraft lost signal at 2,789 feet out. Aircraft RTH with only 31% battery power available and crashes lands on return attempt.
2018-1-3
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

This is the log. Logviewer

Also questions about this messages. Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery, you got that message few times.
2018-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 09:55
when it's happened, i pressed RTH several times.  And i drive by car to that point. My girlfriend waited at the home point. But all it was useless

That could be a reason why it did not return to you. When the control signal is a bit weak, if you press the RTH button several times, you may invoke RTH and then cancel it with a second press. The most reliable way of using RTH is to press once and see if the aircraft is returning before pressing it a second time. Alternatively, switching off the RC unit will also invoke RTH.

'thank you! I hope they will  give me a new phantom 3 adv'

Very doubtful, there are too many indications in that log that it was your actions that caused the loss. DJI do not hand out new aircraft because you lose them.

2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 09:55

Did you know that pressing RTH a second time cancels RTH?
But if you have lost signal, pressing the button won't be able to send anything to the Phantom.

Looking at the flight data, there are a number of problems.
1.  You started the flight with a partially discharged battery (47%)
2.  The weather was below freezing
3.  You had multiple warnings that the battery was unable to deliver the required power
This is from a combination of 1 & 2.
4.  You were flying at 700 ft where the wind is stronger than on the ground

When I look at the data, I see a period from 3:28.1 - 3:33.2 where you used full right stick backwards but the Phantom only accelerated to 4 metres/sec.
This indicates that it was dealing with a strong wind from behind the Phantom

Then from 3:33.4 - 3:41.1 where you left the right stick centred, the Phantom came to a stop and then started moving to the northwest and reached 4 metres/sec while it should have been hovering and holding position.
This further confirms that there was a strong high level wind blowing the Phantom to the northwest.

Putting this all together, your flight was in trouble before you launched with freezing weather and a low battery.
You flew high and away with a strong wind that the Phantom was unable to fight.
Three seconds after losing signal, the Phantom would have initiated RTH itself.
But RTH speed is only 10 m/s in still air (slower than the 16 m/s full speed) and the Phantom would not have been able to make headway towards home.
One possibility is that the battery just shut down due to cold and low battery power, which would have crashed the Phantom.
If it did not crash, the Phantom would have autolanded once it reached critical low battery level.
The search area would be further to the northwest but it's not possible to tell how much past the last recorded location.

2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I pressed once and held the RTH button. then we stood and waited for three minutes. Then I pressed again. Then I went to the side of this mountain and pressed again but it was too late. And the signal did not appear on the remote.
1. Of course, I flew with such a battery, since there was still a supply and I could return. I always did it and there were no problems.
2. The weather was below zero but there was no wind and the sky was clean.
3. The battery often said this even in the summer. I have two.
4. I have a video as at this altitude the Copter stood quietly. The wind was very weak. Before that, I still flew and this did not arise.
5. The feeling that someone had intercepted the signal from the console and took the copter in his direction.
There is video from the smartphone and I can show the flight before the connection was lost. Everything was fine until that moment ... In my opinion, it really failed in flight. Since I have been using it for a long time

2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Pressing the RTH did not do anything because the signal from the remote control did not reach the copter. later, I clicked the slide home on the smartphone. An error occurred.
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I can show on the video. And I can show on the map of flights. I controlled the copter on the mountain. And then he flew straight into the forest
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

why at such a height (200 meters) the drone no longer showed its location to the GPS ?
2018-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 20:02
why at such a height (200 meters) the drone no longer showed its location to the GPS ?

Because you had lost control between the RC unit and the aircraft. Without communication it cannot show the GPS co-ordinates.
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 19:52
I pressed once and held the RTH button. then we stood and waited for three minutes. Then I pressed again. Then I went to the side of this mountain and pressed again but it was too late. And the signal did not appear on the remote.
1. Of course, I flew with such a battery, since there was still a supply and I could return. I always did it and there were no problems.

Launching with a partially discharged battery is asking for trouble.  Even more in freezing conditions.
There are plenty of examples of flyers who have had their Phantom fall from the sky because they flew with a partially discharged battery.
The % indicator gives a false reading wnd the voltage drops quickly when you do this.
4. I have a video as at this altitude the Copter stood quietly. The wind was very weak. Before that, I still flew and this did not arise.

The data tells a different story.
Up at 700 ft, the wind was much stronger than you realised.
If you had watched the speed on your display you would have known this.
5. The feeling that someone had intercepted the signal from the console and took the copter in his direction.
It was just you and the wind.  No-one else was involved.
There is video from the smartphone and I can show the flight before the connection was lost. Everything was fine until that moment ... In my opinion, it really failed in flight. Since I have been using it for a long time.
The data tells much more than any video can.
It shows all the sensor's data and your controls for every 0.1 of a second during the flight.
There is no indication of any malfunction of the Phantom.
I spelled out what happened in post #19.
You should read it again carefully.
There were no obstacles at that height for the Phantom to crash into.
The only reason for the loss of the Phantom was the strength of the wind and that you flew downwind until loss of signal.

2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-3 20:19
Launching with a partially discharged battery is asking for trouble.  Even more in freezing conditions.

no. the signal disappeared precisely on the mountain. There is video. The wind was salty. I always feel the resistance of the wind and there it was not
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 20:02

Fly far enough away and you will lose signal.
You flew further and lost signal.
There are a number of messages showing you were getting close to the distance where you were going to lose signal.
2018-1-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Look up.  Is it still in a tree?
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 20:21
no. the signal disappeared precisely on the mountain. There is video. The wind was salty. I always feel the resistance of the wind and there it was not

Back in post #19 I went into a lot of detail to explain the wind for you.
Here's what I said:
When I look at the data, I see a period from 3:28.1 - 3:33.2 where you used full right stick backwards but the Phantom only accelerated to 4 metres/sec.
This indicates that it was dealing with a strong wind from behind the Phantom

Then from 3:33.4 - 3:41.1 where you left the right stick centred, the Phantom came to a stop and then started moving to the northwest and reached 4 metres/sec while it should have been hovering and holding position.
This further confirms that there was a strong high level wind blowing the Phantom to the northwest.

It's up to you whether you choose to deny what the data says or accept it and learn from the experience.
But it's very hard to argue against data.
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I did not want him to fly beyond the mountain. Communication suddenly got lost on the mountain. And then he went himself to somewhere
2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-1-3 20:29
Look up.  Is it still in a tree?

we have searched (2.5 hours and one hour) - twice that place and more. But we can't find it and went to my home town 60 miles
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-3 20:49
I did not want him to fly beyond the mountain. Communication suddenly got lost on the mountain. And then he went himself to somewhere

The recorded data tells a different story.
Look at the actual recorded data:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogVi ... tRecord_2018-01-02_[14-49-20].csv

Right up until the flight record ended at 3:59.3 (300 metres past the mountain) you had full control.
The Phantom responds to all of your joystick movements.
The Downlink Restored messages at 3:44, 3:53 and 3:56 are a warning that you are getting close to losing signal.
Communication was lost when you continued to fly further away.
Up till then you could have brought it down out of the wind and brought it back.
Once you've lost signal, there's nothing else you can do.
At the end of the recorded data your battery is showing 3.4 volts per cell.
Once it gets to 3.3V (critical low voltage) the show will be over.

2018-1-3
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

on the remote control disappeared before. The remote did not behave adequately. He performed the command home. Tell me at least where I should look for this aircraft?

2018-1-4
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I want to go there to try to look for him on weekends with friends
2018-1-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-4 01:01
on the remote control disappeared before. The remote did not behave adequately. He performed the command home. Tell me at least where I should look for this aircraft?

Read post #19 again.
It tells you as much as anyone can about where the Phantom ended up.
2018-1-4
Use props
cjgambit
lvl.1

Philippines

1. Less than 50% battery capacity on take off.
2. Below zero degree temperatures.
3. High Flight Altitude.
4. Wind conditions.
5. Long flight distance.

Not a good day to fly eh?
Also can you post your first flight log? seems you have two? did you use a different battery or the same one with the two flights?

2018-1-4
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

cjgambit Posted at 2018-1-4 01:55
1. Less than 50% battery capacity on take off.
3. High Flight Altitude.

This is a previous flight

DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-02_[14-38-55].rar

61.84 KB, Down times: 3

2018-1-4
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

For us, like for russians,  it's not cold temperature. Many phantoms was in the air at New Years holidays. It's ok. but only my aircraft was gone(
2018-1-4
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-4 02:11
For us, like for russians,  it's not cold temperature. Many phantoms was in the air at New Years holidays. It's ok. but only my aircraft was gone(

Because you didn't do the things right, accept that and very sorry for the drone
2018-1-4
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-4 03:04
Because you didn't do the things right, accept that and very sorry for the drone

ok. A wanna go to the crash zone at this weekend with my friends. we will searching it for 1 mile radious. The big problem is that snow and aircraft is white colored
2018-1-4
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-4 03:09
ok. A wanna go to the crash zone at this weekend with my friends. we will searching it for 1 mile radious. The big problem is that snow and aircraft is white colored

It is probably on the top of a tree ... maybe I guess
2018-1-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules