i've lost my phantom 3 advanced in forest
5564 143 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I think it’s pretty obvious the OP is not going to accept the evidence put forward by the experienced members here. Just one word of warning to the OP, if you don’t learn by your mistakes then you’re likely to experience the same issue again at some point.
2018-1-13
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-1-13 13:04
I'm sure that the wind was weak at that time. There were interruptions in communication. The drone flew away due to interference and a weak signal. The day before yesterday, the New Dron did not fly far away from the controller. I insured myself

Sorry to hear you lost your drone.
I think you made a risky and unfortunate flight with discharged battery in winter conditions and Labroides explained better than anyone what might happened.
Your first postings where from Russian Federation, but your last ones are from Romania. This means either your new drone was registered in Romania or, your former drone arrived now there.
DJI forum page is set as such, it indicates the last GPS position where your registerred drone has flown.
2018-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-13 16:26
Sorry to hear you lost your drone.
I think you made a risky and unfortunate flight with discharged battery in winter conditions and Labroides explained better than anyone what might happened.
Your first postings where from Russian Federation, but your last ones are from Romania. This means either your new drone was registered in Romania or, your former drone arrived now there.

'DJI forum page is set as such, it indicates the last GPS position where your registerred drone has flown.'

No. It indicates the country of origin of the Internet Service Provider of the person posting on the forum.
2018-1-13
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I'm sure that the wind was weak at that time. There were interruptions in communication. The drone flew away due to interference and a weak signal. The day before yesterday, the New Dron did not fly far away from the controller. I insured myself

Unless you are Superman flying 200m in the air, you cannot know what the wind was like at the aircraft location, especially as wind is invisible!  I am sure the wind was nice and weak and calm at the location where you were standing.  You need to understand the wind can change very quickly when you change altitude and distance from where you are standing.

Have a look at one of the many animated wind maps on the internet, such as https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-283.80,41.02,1106/loc=105.018,30.590.  If you click on the Earth button and change dates or altitudes, you will see the effects.  Wind gets stronger higher up and changes direction.  This site measures altitude in barometric pressure (conversion table), and the overview area is pretty coarse and the altitude changes are large, but it should give you an idea of how it works.
surface.jpg
surface2.jpg
1000.jpg
850.jpg
700.jpg
2018-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm sure that the wind was weak at that time.
Keep telling yourself:  It wasn't my fault, the drone misbehaved
It wasn't my fault, the drone misbehaved
It wasn't my fault, the drone misbehaved

But that won't change the facts that are clearly shown in the flight data.
Your Phantom was unable to hold position against the high level winds where you were flying.
And it was not able to RTH against the winds either.
There were interruptions in communication. The drone flew away due to interference and a weak signal.
Lose signal either because of interference or distance and your Phantom will initiate RTH, not fly away.
The day before yesterday, the New Dron did not fly far away from the controller. I insured myself
If you really want ti "insure yourself", you need to learn from the experience.
Understand why you lost one Phantom and how to make sure that doesn't happen again.
Learn how the Phantom is programmed and what it does in flight.
I gave you the information you need way back earlier.
Ignore all of that and tell yourself that your Phantom "flew away" and you may lose another.
2018-1-13
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-13 18:17
'DJI forum page is set as such, it indicates the last GPS position where your registerred drone has flown.'

No. It indicates the country of origin of the Internet Service Provider of the person posting on the forum.

Sorry, my mistake, you are perfectly right...
2018-1-14
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

This video from another drone
2018-1-14
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Hello my friends. Tourists from russia found my drone and returned for a fee!!!
2018-5-10
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-5-10 22:25
Hello my friends. Tourists from russia found my drone and returned for a fee!!!

Wow...lucky..any big damages to ur bird?
2018-5-10
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

It was on the tree. Later i will share a video, after cropping it. Just two wings a little damaged
2018-5-10
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

now i will test it at first flight after returning/
2018-5-11
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

by the way. after landing on the tree, my dron records about 20-25 mimnutes
2018-5-11
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Full version of crash from SD card:   After falling on the tree, drone recorded video about 20 minustes. Those 20 minutes i cropped in youtube version.
2018-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad ya finally got it back, i noticed mistake #1 Prop Guards
2018-5-11
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Now i ve show than the wind was normal. problem was in a weak signal and low battery
2018-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love a long story with a happy ending.
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the drones status circumstances and such.

Ok, back to regular programming.
Fly carefully from now on. And stay well away, clear of forested scenery. Ha

RedHotPoker

2018-5-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Booyadarkman Posted at 2018-5-13 11:02
Now i ve show than the wind was normal. problem was in a weak signal and low battery

I beg to differ with you...
Just as it was determined by the flight data you were fighting winds on the return that resulted in the drone's inability to make it back.
There are several specific clues that indicate this as much.
1) The rather slow forward speed when attempting to move forward on the return trip (it also appears you may have been experiencing a pretty good updraft too), as well as the rapid ground speed when moving downwind.
2) One of the biggest clues, the drone's distinct backward drift when control input was lost and when the drone lost altitude and fell to near tree top level it suddenly began a drift right and a slight forward motion, very much indicating that the winds had dropped off.  However, at that point the drones link with the RC was lost due to terrain being between it and the drone.
3) The last big clue, observe the gusty wind conditions of the tree tops after the drone crashed.  If the wind was blowing that much up there in that area it was most assuredly blowing more so at the altitude you were flying at.  Also the up-sloping terrain was another factor working against you with those winds.
Bottom-line, you exceeded the drone's performance capability resulting in its inability to return home due to a high wind state.

Thankfully, you have the chance to learn from your mistake and I'm very glad you were able to get your bird back, congratulations!
Fly Safe!
2018-5-13
Use props
zu_lu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Glad you got it back. I recommend listening to the forum pros. And I just have to ask, couldn't you have waited just 5 more seconds until the car passed your drone before taking off? You had all the time in the world but just had to take off as it was passing....
2018-5-13
Use props
Gary Oliver P3A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93209 ft

Was your P3 still in sight? I really feel for you, I was flying recently and my battery went below critical level and it started to land automatically, it was still in sight but far enough away for me to know that if it landed I would never be able to find it again. Fortunately I was still able to override the landing and bring it home. It scared me to death
2018-5-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Air/America Posted at 2018-1-8 08:52
[view_image]

Look for the phantom going down and with the direction of the wind and more on top of the mountain ridge line.

Based on my estimate of the video and your graphic you were pretty close.  It appears it landed in a tree on the far left edge of your cone on the back side of the lower ridge and a bit behind the first peek and likely a little outside your left boundary.  Not a bad estimate overall.  If it had not dropped out of the stronger winds it would have likely landed in the cone proper or to the right of it.
2018-5-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-3 15:37
Did you know that pressing RTH a second time cancels RTH?
But if you have lost signal, pressing the button won't be able to send anything to the Phantom.

Nailed It!
2018-5-13
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft

Booyadarkman ,
From what I see, your posted final video pretty well confirms what Labroides  told you  from your flight records.  The drone can be clearly seen struggling to make headway and then drifting backwards!

It also confirms what an "I know better" novice and noob you painted yourself , still trying to justify your obvious  lack of understanding and flying experience/ability.

The good news is you are SO lucky to get your drone back!

BUT, after viewing the video evidence, are you man enough to eat humble pie and apologise to those who so willingly give their time and expertise to help in identifying the likely cause and location of a drone mishap ?   

2018-5-13
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

Thank you all! And about the wind, I trolled you, because no one answered me at the forum))))) I beg you not to be psychotic. By the way, a drone not lucky constantly loses a signal or breaks. And the second bought drone has good karma. Such problems do not arise. Docile in management.
The day before yesterday broke the engines on the found drone. I'll buy them from China ... this old DRON is really unlucky
2018-5-14
Use props
Booyadarkman
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I broke the old found phantom in his stupidity, screwed long bolts from that protection of the fans. It seems the bolts blew the winding of the three engines. now there is an error "esc status error".

I've listened to a friend's advice to screw them///
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules