Sensitivity Setting
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seevee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51378 ft

United States

All,

Is there a sensitivity setting to make the controls less sensitive?

I notice there is a sensitivity setting in the advanced settings, but playing with this has no effect on the controls.

Seems like when I touch the control, even slightly, the drone moves too far, this is for landing on a spot.

Thanks
Seevee
Phantom Advanced
beginner
2018-1-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Make sure your aircraft is turned on while making these adjustments, otherwise no effect will take place or stored. You should have sensitivity, gain, and Exp. in your advanced settings. Be careful changing these as they will make a significant difference in how the aircraft reacts.
I would advise reading up on just what you are wanting to do and which settings to change. Plenty of Youtube videos that explain it too.
I have experimented quite a bit with these on my own P3A. They will make a difference!
2018-1-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

One of the best additions to RC control has been Expo.

Named after the Exponential gradient it gives to stick control vs actual command.

Increasing the Expo (you have to be careful about how the numbering goes .... check manual. Some brand radios use -ve and others use +ve figures ... ) - this 'softens' the initial stick command and it exponentially increases command as you push sticks further.

Example ... Lets say stick movement is 100 points. With no expo - 10 point movement on stick gives 10 point command movement. That may be too harsh. So you put expo (usually termed in %) ... so now you move stick 10 point but command given is only maybe 5 point ... but as you move stick more it catches up and 100 point stick = 100 point movement command.

This means that you can tame a sensitive machine but still retain maximum when needed.

On such as 3D machines - some of mine have 60 ... even 70% expo so I can fly smooth circuits but still have crazy full command to stand the blighter on its tail.

So answer in my opinion is study up in the manual about Expo settings for the P3 and use that ...

Nigel
2018-1-3
Use props
Seevee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51378 ft

United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-3 11:39
One of the best additions to RC control has been Expo.

Named after the Exponential gradient it gives to stick control vs actual command.

Expo sounds great. Where can I get info. A search shows nothing and not mentioned in the owners manual. Is this an add on of sorts?
2018-1-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Have a look at Simons videos ... I may not agree with everything and get a bit fed up with some of the chatter ... but he does a reasonable job ...

http://onthekitchentable.info/20 ... -great-slow-panyaw/

Hope it helps ....
It is a terrible omission from the P3 / GO manuals to not talk about Expo etc.

Nigel
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Users can change the response speed of an aircraft by adjusting these values. For example, to make the screen look smooth when it changes from dynamic to static, decrease the Brake value.
For EXP, the X-axis shows the physical output of the manipulated stick. The Y-axis shows the logic output of the manipulated stick. Both the two are used to control the aircraft’s motors. The range extends from 0.2 to 0.8. To change the response speed of an aircraft to remote controller’s commands, drag the curves. A greater EXP value indicates a faster speed.
For gain settings, I don't suggest beginners to change it.
And like RicardoGray mentioned, make sure that you have connected the drone before adjusting the settings. See if it helps.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules