Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apologize in Advance: IMU Calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpalamaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3127 ft
  • >>>
United States

I attempted using the search feature but all I got was a dialog box with product? I've sent an e-mail to SUPPORT, suspect it will be days before (if ever) I hear anything and likely will not work.

I am new, I am attempting to calibrate the IMU per instructions. The Phantom 4 has the latest firmware update and as does the APP been updated..

In the IMU calibration it is locked on screen . . , which I interpret as 2 of 6. I have restarted the process and same thing multiple times. I have waited for over one-hour with no success. I have attempted Googling, but not sure of some of the responses. THIS BIRD HAS NEVER FLOWN, am I to presume, DO NOT FLY IT WITHOUT IMU CALIBRATION?

Thanks,
John
2018-1-3
Use props
Toorboy
Captain
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

don't fly until calibrated john you could lose the bird
I am not sure about imu calibration on p4 the p4a was easy enough
and the p3p was an easy one to  
wiat and an expert will chim in buddy but don't fly until you do this
2018-1-3
Use props
RichT
lvl.1
United States

Be sure your setting the correct orientation during the calibration...  Its drone Upright and Level, Drone Right side, Drone Left Side, Drone Nose, Drone Tail, Drone upside down.  The Images shown in the app are with the Drone FACING you.   If you don't set it the way it expects it will just sit there waiting.   There are several YouTube videos that demonstrate much better then the prompting in the app
2018-1-3
Use props
jpalamaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3127 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichT Posted at 2018-1-3 08:58
Be sure your setting the correct orientation during the calibration...  Its drone Upright and Level, Drone Right side, Drone Left Side, Drone Nose, Drone Tail, Drone upside down.  The Images shown in the app are with the Drone FACING you.   If you don't set it the way it expects it will just sit there waiting.   There are several YouTube videos that demonstrate much better then the prompting in the app

Not compass, IMU. Instructions only require on a level surface for IMU calibration.
2018-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jpalamaro Posted at 2018-1-3 09:12
Not compass, IMU. Instructions only require on a level surface for IMU calibration.

The P4 IMU calibration now works as described in post 3.

Which firmware are you using on P4, it's been a while now since sitting level was the requirement for IMU calibration ?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi John, the latest firmware has 6 directions to calibrate the IMU, please try to turn off the drone and cooling it for a while. Then start the drone and calibrate the IMU according to the direction that the app introduced again. See if it helps.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules