12Next >
2756 46 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
looky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17674 ft
Canada

I live alone with my dog and and i love him more than anything but he's getting close to 12 years old so i wanted to find a way to capture memories with him before his time comes.
When the Spark came out, it seemed like it could fit the bill, so this is my first attempt to immortalize our time together on video. Feel free to suggest how to make it better. (Please don't mention the part when i climbed over 90 meters. I'm aware, did it once only and took every precautions) Thank you.

2018-1-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice video, your dog seems to be very healthy so I hope he remains by your side for some years stil
2018-1-3
Use props
lsufan861
lvl.2
United States

Awesome editing!!!!
2018-1-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video.  Looks like you have a great best friend who’s impacted your life.  Thanks for being a great pet owner.
2018-1-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Really wonderful video, thank you very much for sharing it! And hopefully many more years to come together with Looky!
2018-1-3
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Nice video.. your dog sure does have a good friend in you.   I set my spark to active track my granddaughter just running around in the park.. let it record for the whole battery life..   It sure is a boring video for anybody else to watch.. but I love to watch it over and over :-)   
2018-1-3
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

A wonderful tribute to Looky.....he's lucky to have had you for an owner.  Here's to Looky aging gracefully.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-3
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice...I too am an avid dog lover, I currently have 3
2018-1-3
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Very nice video. My only suggestion would be to get more shots with the drone closer to the ground. I thank that way you can see more of the dogs face either approaching or going away from the drone. The overhead shots are cool but some lower shots I think would give the video even more flavor.

But nice job and thank you for sharing.

Sidd
2018-1-3
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

OUTSTANDING!
2018-1-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Great idea.  The song really fits.  I think the trick is to capture on video those things they do that are them.  

Like my dog that would carry our keys in when we got home.  She would mug you for your keys, take them in, and wait by a corner chair to bring them to you.  She would wait, out of the way, until you called for them when you got your coat off and packages put up.  She would get a treat when she handed the keys back.  In the end it turned into her carrying in all kinds of things.  hats, wallets, light grocery bags, mail, etc.

The point is that that was her.  I never video taped it or got any photos of it.  I am not even sure how we trained her to do that.   
2018-1-3
Use props
czechmark01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. . .we had 4 Pugs for 13 years. . .wish we had some videos like this!
2018-1-3
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What a great idea! You have inspired me to try and do the same with my dog Molly. You captured some really nice shots too. :-)
2018-1-3
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you all for those kind words. They touched me. This is a nice community...
2018-1-4
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-3 16:46
Great job & an awesome way to celebrate your friendship with Looky.  He's looking pretty dapper & fit for 12!  I must add I am envious of your secret power source that allowed you to achieve Earth orbit!

I used the "schwartz"
2018-1-4
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

You've made a truly precious and special video.  Please do continue to add more memories of the two of you together.
For inspiration, you might want to take a peek at Ben Moon's documentary about his dog, Denali.  It wasn't shot with a Spark, but it might give you some ideas.
Here's a link to "Denali" on YouTube:
2018-1-4
Use props
Dshow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62014 ft
United States

Great video.  What kind of dog is Looky?  Looks like part Lab, part New Foundland?
2018-1-4
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Dshow Posted at 2018-1-4 16:33
Great video.  What kind of dog is Looky?  Looks like part Lab, part New Foundland?

Thanks. your guess is very close to mine but they are just guesses.  I picked him up in a shelter 10 years ago so , no history.
2018-1-4
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-4 15:44
You've made a truly precious and special video.  Please do continue to add more memories of the two of you together.
For inspiration, you might want to take a peek at Ben Moon's documentary about his dog, Denali.  It wasn't shot with a Spark, but it might give you some ideas.
Here's a link to "Denali" on YouTube:

Thank you.  I knew about this video but never watched it because that type of tribute usually has me in tears  but i followed ur suggestion and this is a magnificent story.
2018-1-4
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

looky Posted at 2018-1-4 17:43
Thank you.  I knew about this video but never watched it because that type of tribute usually has me in tears  but i followed ur suggestion and this is a magnificent story.

I almost didn't post the link, but thought the story was powerful enough to warrant it. I'm glad you enjoyed Ben's story.

Please continue to share your videos and photos of Looky if you can. I'd look forward to seeing them, as I'm sure others here would. :-)
2018-1-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video, great subject and fantastic editing. I hope your beautiful dog and you have many more years together.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nice video, it a great idea to keep the memories with your dog.
2018-1-7
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

A friend indeed. Glad you took the effort to save the memories. Cheers bro continue to cherish the bond as much as it can offer be it the next 24 hours or months or years ahead. Leave nothing to regret.
2018-1-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one keep it up
2018-6-17
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

Fantastic video! Love it!!
2018-6-17
Use props
Steve Powell
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

I enjoyed this a lot. Great way to cherish your memories.
2018-6-24
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

I seldom watch video's to the end but I did this one. It was awesome and aren't rescue dogs  the best?
A saying "you can't buy love but you can rescue it"!  It is so true. We have a 3 year old Chihuahua that we rescued and he is amazing.
I may start trying to video our dogs once they stop trying to attack the drone.
Great editing, keep posting please.
2018-6-24
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Steve Powell Posted at 2018-6-24 15:50
I enjoyed this a lot. Great way to cherish your memories.

Thank you. nice of you to say.
2018-6-24
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

landude Posted at 2018-6-24 16:22
I seldom watch video's to the end but I did this one. It was awesome and aren't rescue dogs  the best?
A saying "you can't buy love but you can rescue it"!  It is so true. We have a 3 year old Chihuahua that we rescued and he is amazing.
I may start trying to video our dogs once they stop trying to attack the drone.

Thank you. You are so right. Good luck filming urs without the last shot beiing the camera in their mouth.  (I can see from ur logo that we have similar interests)
2018-6-24
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you. Will do.
2018-6-24
Use props
looky
lvl.4
Canada

DrMagical Posted at 2018-6-17 10:48
Fantastic video! Love it!!

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.
2018-6-24
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Hey man that is a great video, story and some excellent editing.. well done.
2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video and back story
2018-6-24
Use props
Johnhi30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19826 ft
New Zealand

It’s awesome to see someone using Technology in such a “Human Way”, being in IT, its always about either making money or making simple things complex to supposedly make business easier, outside of business technology seems to be mostly about entertaining an idle mind, you have shown what technology should be about .... and also made a jaded and cynical IT bloke take notice, well done !
2018-6-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

you are welcome
2018-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to have this memory!
2018-6-25
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Both vids are awesome. My wife &
l love dogs.

John
2018-6-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video!  Nothing wrong with showing a little love for your best friend.  Some good editing in there as well.
2018-6-25
Use props
adra2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

Great video. And of course what a beautiful friendship.
2018-6-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

The Dog has a really nice coat, he is such a Good Dog ! Welldone.
2018-6-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules