Intelligent Flight Modes - POI, Waypoints...
3867 17 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicDaveCZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439413 ft
Czechia

Pilots, do you think there is any chance that DJI will add new Inteligent Flight Modes for Spark (POI, Course Lock, Waypoints)?

Why do you think the DJI has not added it right away? Due to 2-axis gimball? What is your opinion?

Which mode is most missing from you?

2018-1-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Modes are already in DJI GO 4 app, but are, for some reason, disabled for Spark.
In my experience they are working nicely for Spark.
Most frequently I am using two modes, POI and home lock. Waypoints are a bit of a hassle so not using them often.

We can only speculate for reasons why these are not enabled for Spark and some wild guesses are either they were
not tested with Spark or maybe DJI is "saving" those for Spark 2 or Spark Pro or whatever it will be called.
I mean, it's software thing but may also be appealing for getting next generation Spark.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. We are willing to hear the feedback. Please feel free to write down your opinion and the requirement will be forwarded. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-3
Use props
MagicDaveCZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439413 ft
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-3 20:12
Hi, guys. We are willing to hear the feedback. Please feel free to write down your opinion and the requirement will be forwarded. Thanks for your support.

I miss the most - POI, Course Lock and Terrain Follow.

We will see what is missing for others. :-)
2018-1-4
Use props
N8m888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-3 20:12

It would be POI and Terrain Follow for me.
2018-1-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I like to have a orbit and POI on a gps-point  camera inner or outer to make smooth round circle's
2018-1-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I would like to see simple mission editor/drone programming. Something like DroneBlocks (http://www.droneblocks.io/).
I've successfully used it in some of my courses but it's limited to iOS only and in education I do prefer more open source and standard solutions than closed source proprietary ones.
So, although I do use iOS devices in education as well, Android is definitely preferred OS.
Since Spark is positioned in the market as a beginner drone, I think it's ideal platform for something like this.
It's size is also perfect as it's not intimidating to the students like some bigger birds.
2018-1-4
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are 2 things i am missing:
POI (perfect circles, way better than active track) and support for the Dji Ground Station App for iPad.
2018-1-4
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Sorry, but I see no chance that we will get those flight modes from DJI in an "official" way
This is just a marketing decision, the Spark is their "Selfie Drone" -  no need for complex flight modes.

Same goes for RAW mode, or other features form their other models - you got the Spark with all its limits as advertised, well some limitations in range were kept hidden until testing ;)

Nevertheless the Spark is a nice device and makes great videos and pictures - other features should not be discussed here

2018-1-4
Use props
Krrisstoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

LeChuck71 Posted at 2018-1-4 05:16
Sorry, but I see no chance that we will get those flight modes from DJI in an "official" way
This is just a marketing decision, the Spark is their "Selfie Drone" -  no need for complex flight modes.

Dji released Spark and showed that size is not a problem anymore. Spark has so much potential that it can boldly compete with larger drones. Its constraints on the function result only from the locks used by Dji. I am convinced that Spark's drone could match even Dji Inspire (and I think it will happen soon).
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Krrisstoff Posted at 2018-1-4 07:04
Dji released Spark and showed that size is not a problem anymore. Spark has so much potential that it can boldly compete with larger drones. Its constraints on the function result only from the locks used by Dji. I am convinced that Spark's drone could match even Dji Inspire (and I think it will happen soon).

Thanks for your positive feedback. Have fun!
2018-1-5
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

Krrisstoff Posted at 2018-1-4 07:04
Dji released Spark and showed that size is not a problem anymore. Spark has so much potential that it can boldly compete with larger drones. Its constraints on the function result only from the locks used by Dji. I am convinced that Spark's drone could match even Dji Inspire (and I think it will happen soon).

i completely agree with you... its only being held back with its software at this point.  Its capable of far more.
2018-1-5
Use props
evotho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 955 ft
Germany

I hope you will bring POI and Course Lock to the Spark. It will work in some 3rd Party Apps, but i want to use the Original.
2018-5-13
Use props
David Calero
lvl.3
Spain

Check out the RED WAYPOINT APP for Android, is a 3rd party mission planner for DJI drones including SPARK! (and Mavic Air of course!)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=red.waypoint.RedWaypoint
2018-5-14
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

evotho Posted at 2018-5-13 05:58
I hope you will bring POI and Course Lock to the Spark. It will work in some 3rd Party Apps, but i want to use the Original.

Like evotho says, i agree, POI and CL for Spark with the Dji Go4 app, please?
2018-5-14
Use props
Anto il Tanto
lvl.1
Italy

JMR58 Posted at 2018-5-14 12:09
Like evotho says, i agree, POI and CL for Spark with the Dji Go4 app, please?

I agree on everything
2018-5-15
Use props
nash_sal
lvl.1
India

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-3 13:56
Modes are already in DJI GO 4 app, but are, for some reason, disabled for Spark.
In my experience they are working nicely for Spark.
Most frequently I am using two modes, POI and home lock. Waypoints are a bit of a hassle so not using them often.

Hi, currently how are you making use of the intelligent flight modes like POI
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

nash_sal Posted at 2-10 07:34
Hi, currently how are you making use of the intelligent flight modes like POI

Litchi or DJI GO4 mod, I guess
2019-2-10
Use props