DJI Go app won’t open
18007 12 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyboy
New
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 3 standard which I haven’t used in a couple of months.  I went to use it today and the DJI go app wouldn’t open.  Tried several times and even deleted it and reinstalled with no luck.  Never had a problem before.  The white home screen comes up, stays there for 10 seconds, and then closes down.  Any thoughts?
2018-1-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

What device and OS are you using, also did you try restart the device.
2018-1-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Both the apps are becoming a little power hungry.  As Alan suggested, reboot the device, or try another.
2018-1-3
Use props
dmcfarlan
lvl.1
United States

I have the same thing happen just today.  Been using the app on my iPhone 6 running OS 11.1.  I wonder if updating to 11.2 will fix it?
2018-1-3
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Use litci and not dji go gives to many problems every time they make an update.newer had any problem with litchi at all.i only use the go app if i need to calibrate the imu.and litchi is a multi speach app with spoken launguage to your country you live in
2018-1-3
Use props
dmcfarlan
lvl.1
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-1-3 16:06
Use litci and not dji go gives to many problems every time they make an update.newer had any problem with litchi at all.i only use the go app if i need to calibrate the imu.and litchi is a multi speach app with spoken launguage to your country you live in

Can you use litci without being able to load DJI go?  If I can not open the app, does it matter?
2018-1-3
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

you can use only litchi its a mutch better app and it has waypoint mode so you can let the drone fly its own mission you make for it without using the rc but in case just have the rc turned on if you use this.i suggest you download the manual for it before using the waypoint mission.the app it worth every penny
For drones with a Wi-Fi connection (Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 4K, Spark), follow these steps:
  • Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  • Force close all DJI-based apps (including DJI Go and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps). Please note step 1 is not enough. To force close an app, go to your mobile device Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Force close
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • Connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft
  • Start Litchi

iOS
  • Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • If you have a Wi-Fi based drone (P3 Standard/P3 4K/Spark): connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft, if you have a USB-based remote controller, plug the remote controller into the mobile device
  • Start Litchi

• Flight Modes: Use this dropdown to change the flight mode.
  • Radar: Shows the position of the aircraft relative to the operator's mobile device (Android only).
  • Flight Telemetry: Shows altitude relative to take-off elevation, distance from home point to aircraft and speed on all axis. In Follow mode, the distance between the mobile device and the aircraft is shown.
  • Show/hide small view: Tap to minimize the size of the small view. Tap on the small view to switch the map and video views.
  • Aircraft: Shows the aircraft location on the map. Tap to add a Waypoint or Point of Interest at the aircraft location.
  • Mobile Device: Shows the mobile device location on the map. Tap to add a Waypoint or Point of Interest at the mobile device location.
  • Home Point: Shows the home point location on the map. To set a new home point, drag this marker to another location. You must be flying in order to move the Home Point.
  • Photo/Video Switch: Use to change the camera mode.
  • Take Photo/Record: Tap this button to take a picture while in photo mode. Tap to start and stop recording while in video mode.
  • Gimbal Pitch Indicator: Shows the current position of the gimbal tilt. Top is +30° above horizon, bottom is -90°.
  • Zoom to Mobile Device: Tap to zoom the map to the current mobile device location.
  • Unlock Map Orientation: By default the map is oriented towards North. Tap to have the map rotation continuously adjusted to match your mobile device's position relative to north.
  • Camera Settings: Tap to open camera settings.

Status Bar
  • Mode Switch Button: Tap to change the flight mode or to log in to your Litchi account.
  • Satellite Count: Shows the number of satellites that the aircraft is locked onto.
  • RC Battery/Virtual Joysticks: Shows the remaining remote controller battery percentage. When connected to a drone without remote controller, tap to show/hide the virtual on-screen joysticks.
  • Battery Status: This bar shows the status of the aircraft battery. The part in red represents the battery required to go home.
  • Aircraft Status: Shows the current aircraft flight status.
  • Uplink: Shows the strength of the remote controller uplink signal.
  • Downlink: Shows the strength of the video downlink signal.
  • Aircraft Battery: Shows the remaining aircraft battery percentage.
  • General Settings: Tap to show general settings.

Regaining Control
Whenever the drone flies autonomously, you can regain control instantly at any time using the remote controller's flight mode switch.
For newer drone models (Mavic Pro, Phantom 4, Spark, Inspire 2), toggle the flight mode switch from "" to "S"(sport) mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "" mode afterwards.
For older drone models (Phantom 3, Inspire 1), toggle the flight mode switch from "F" to "" mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "F" mode afterwards.
When connected to the drone without remote controller (for example with Spark or Mavic Pro), you can use the red stop button in the left button bar to stop an autonomous flight and regain control.
Camera Settings
General camera settings as well as shooting modes (Single/HDR/Burst/AEB/Timelapse) can be adjusted after a tap on the camera settings icon under the shutter/record button.
An exposure info panel is also shown at the top of the video screen when connected to the aircraft.
To set the ISO/Shutter Speed/Aperture/Exposure Compensation, tap on the Camera Settings button, then "Exposure Settings".
Camera Focus
For cameras with adjustable focus, tap anywhere on the video preview to trigger autofocus at that location.
For the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro and Inspire 2 X4S, you can set the Focus mode to AFC (Autofocus Continuous) in the camera settings.
For the Mavic Pro, you can also do a long press on the video preview to set the focus to Infinity (everything in focus). iOS only.
Exposure Metering
By default exposure metering is in Center mode. If you wish to use Spot metering, follow these steps:
  • If your camera supports adjustable focus, tap on the green square icon at the top left of the video preview to switch to Metering mode.
  • Tap anywhere on the video preview to set Spot metering at that location.
To go back to Center metering, tap again on the Spot metering icon and the icon will disappear.
Camera Zoom
Optical zoom: For cameras which support optical zoom, hold the RC's C2 button and use the left RC wheel to adjust the focal length.
Digital zoom: For cameras which support digital zoom, use the custom function "Digital Zoom In/Out".
Gimbal Roll Adjustment
To adjust the gimbal's roll angle, hold the RC's C2 button and use the right RC wheel.

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the app's crash is caused by the IOS operating system and this issue has been fixed in IOS 11.2. We'd suggest to update to the latest OS and check whether the issue remains.
2018-1-4
Use props
Dillon Drake
lvl.2

United States

if nothing else works try deleting the dji app and reinstalling it
2018-1-4
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

It's not an app issue. Sounds like your iPhone's battery chemistry is getting weak. DJI GO is a very power hungry app  and I'll assume the iOS 11 Power Management is killing the app to keep your phone functional for making and receiving calls and messages. The iPhone's Low Power Mode will prevent certain functions from working once the battery becomes weak. iOS 11.1 does have a problem with the Low Power Mode and it was supposed to be fixed in 11.2  I never had this problem but my iPhone 6S Plus is not even a year old. Litchi does use less power and that makes it an excellent alternative for devices with aging batteries.
FYI :Apple has recognized this problem and has put in place a program to replace your iPhone's battery for $29.
2018-1-4
Use props
Skyboy
New
United States

Today’s update.  I saw DJI’S recent forum post regarding incompatibility with IOS11.1. I have been using an IPAD mini with IOS 11.1.  Just upgraded to 11.2 and things seem to be working fine now.  Won’t be able to fly until the weather improves, sometime next week.  Thanks for all of the replies.
2018-1-4
Use props
STKNRUD
lvl.2
United States

Skyboy Posted at 2018-1-4 10:03
Today’s update.  I saw DJI’S recent forum post regarding incompatibility with IOS11.1. I have been using an IPAD mini with IOS 11.1.  Just upgraded to 11.2 and things seem to be working fine now.  Won’t be able to fly until the weather improves, sometime next week.  Thanks for all of the replies.

Didn’t work for me.  I get to the selection of equipment page on the GO App and select P3P but nothing happens with RC connected
2018-1-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The recent iOS version is 11.2.2 and the latest Go app version on iOS is 3.1.24 and it works fine on iPhone 6.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules