Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What happens when you enter an Authorization Zone mid-flight?
5008 11 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Hello,

I've read that your aircraft will auto-land if you enter a locked Authorization Zone while in flight. Is that true? Wouldn't it be safer to simply RTH?
2018-1-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Under normal conditions it will stop and alert you to the problem, in fact, it will warn you as the AC approaches a geofence boundary.

However, should the AC enter deep into a restricted zone (due to wind, poor GPS signal, etc.) then it may auto-land.

2018-1-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I've read that your aircraft will auto-land if you enter a locked Authorization Zone while in flight. Is that true? Wouldn't it be safer to simply RTH?

I'm guessing that you're referring to this thread, and yes, it will land if you enter an authorization zone without authorization. In that particular case it was within one mile of an airport, and no, the safest thing to doesn't isn't necessarily to RTH but to land. After all, the home point could theoretically be on the opposite side of the airport from the drone, but in any case the possible consequences of landing in the wrong place are generally lower than the possible consequences of flight along the wrong path while already near an airport.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, the drone is not able to take off when it is in the NFZ or authorization zone without unlock. If the drone takes off and enters an authorized/No-fly zone accidentally when the GPS signal is weak, it will be forced to land when the drone acquires enough GPS signal, it will not hover. During the landing, other sticks will still work except throttle. It will not RTH.
Please follow the drone restriction and keep a safe flight.
2018-1-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the answers guys.
Let's say I unlocked my Authorization Zone for 24 hours. What if I run out of time for my Authorization Zone while I'm flying in it? Will the quad auto-land because it is now in a locked Authorization Zone?
2018-1-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-3 20:03
Thanks for the answers guys.
Let's say I unlocked my Authorization Zone for 24 hours. What if I run out of time for my Authorization Zone while I'm flying in it? Will the quad auto-land because it is now in a locked Authorization Zone?

Good airmanship would say that you plan your flight within the time constraints you have.

2018-1-3
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-3 22:24
Good airmanship would say that you plan your flight within the time constraints you have.

Yes but what would happen?
2018-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-4 06:52
Yes but what would happen?

You may want to refer back to dji Thor’s comment.
2018-1-4
Use props
web_parrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's kind of like a bug zapper.... "thwack" .... you're dust.  :-)

2018-1-4
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

It will give you a warning when you're approaching the authorization zone. If you continue flying and enter the zone,  it will give you a 20 second countdown before landing but as soon as you leave that zone, the auto landing will be canceled
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is all good to know. I guess the key is to plan your flight routes in advance and keep well away from NFZ’s in the first place.
2018-1-4
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

All should be aware that accurate GPS positioning requires both an adequate number of satellites AND  good satellite signal guality (factors other than signal strength can effect quality).  If either of these is less than adequate, you're perceived GPS position can shift up to several hundred feet.   So flying NEAR an authorization zone can be risky.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules