Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shake in Footage
2497 34 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlewinsohn18
Captain
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

Hello, I was flying today and when looking over the footage I saw some shake in the video. I was getting a high wind velocity warning and have never had this problem before. I think the wind may have been the cause but was wondering if this was indicative of a gimbal issue. Thanks! (Video attached)

2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please fly in a place without wind. You can record a video for test. Please keep us updated, thanks for your support.
2018-1-3
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-3 18:35
Hi, sir. Please fly in a place without wind. You can record a video for test. Please keep us updated, thanks for your support.

Thanks. I will try it out as soon as I get the chance.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-3 18:49
Thanks. I will try it out as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks for your update. Please keep us updated, hope it go well.
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-5 00:50
Thanks for your update. Please keep us updated, hope it go well.

I tested it out and it seems to be all good! Must have just been the wind.
2018-1-5
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was that video from your cache or from the SD card.  It looked kinda like a blip in the signal to me.
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

BobUnplugged Posted at 2018-1-5 11:05
Was that video from your cache or from the SD card.  It looked kinda like a blip in the signal to me.

It was from the SD card dowloaded onto my computer.
2018-1-5
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-5 11:11
It was from the SD card dowloaded onto my computer.

In that case, it looks like a bad write.  Is it a good card?
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

BobUnplugged Posted at 2018-1-5 11:18
In that case, it looks like a bad write.  Is it a good card?

Here is the link to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe it is listed as one of the recommended cards on DJI's website.
2018-1-5
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-5 10:39
I tested it out and it seems to be all good! Must have just been the wind.

I have this problem too, except it happens not that much as in your video. Can't it have to do with low light? When you tried it without wind, was that during daylight or towards twilight? These days there is less light in the winter. Hopefully I can test it tomorrow with manual settings, changing ISO and shutter settings. I've tried them inside my home with the Spark in my hand moving it slightly from left to right, reproducing the problem in automatic settings mode, when changing the camera settings to manual and played around with it, problems dissapeared. So now the plan is to test it outside. It was a bit stormy the last few days. Anyway, even with wind and proper daylight this should not have to happen.
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-5 11:26
I have this problem too, except it happens not that much as in your video. Can't it have to do with low light? When you tried it without wind, was that during daylight or towards twilight? These days there is less light in the winter. Hopefully I can test it tomorrow with manual settings, changing ISO and shutter settings. I've tried them inside my home with the Spark in my hand moving it slightly from left to right, reproducing the problem in automatic settings mode, when changing the camera settings to manual and played around with it, problems dissapeared. So now the plan is to test it outside. It was a bit stormy the last few days. Anyway, even with wind and proper daylight this should not have to happen.

I tested it in my garage because it was raining outside so it was pretty lowlight. I have a feeling it may have to do with the digital stabilization not being able to compensate for a ton of movement but not sure. Currently I can't upload the footage but can later.
2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-5 11:26

Just checking in to see if you have managed to do any testing? I haven't had the chance because it has been raining constantly.
2018-1-7
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-7 23:18
Just checking in to see if you have managed to do any testing? I haven't had the chance because it has been raining constantly.

Yeah, I tested it yesterday. It is MUCH less than it was before when flying near twilight after some snow, but I can still see some shaking here and there.  But I'm guessing the vibrations of the props are also part of the problem, but probably mostly the low light. Does it have digital stabilization next to the gimbal? I need to check it out some more. I tested about an hour before sun set on automatic  settings. Still need to check with manual settings, but little time right now.   

At least in my case I see improvement between my test and the previous time I have flown.

What mountain is that in the background?
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-8 10:34
Yeah, I tested it yesterday. It is MUCH less than it was before when flying near twilight after some snow, but I can still see some shaking here and there.  But I'm guessing the vibrations of the props are also part of the problem, but probably mostly the low light. Does it have digital stabilization next to the gimbal? I need to check it out some more. I tested about an hour before sun set on automatic  settings. Still need to check with manual settings, but little time right now.   

At least in my case I see improvement between my test and the previous time I have flown.

I believe it does have digital stabilization to help it compensate for the lack of a third axis on the gimbal. The mountain in the background if Mt. Hood.
2018-1-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Check your gimbal settings too. Factory default is "FPS", but with "Follow" the picture will remain stable.
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-8 13:10
Check your gimbal settings too. Factory default is "FPS", but with "Follow" the picture will remain stable.

I am certain it was in Follow mode for the gimbal
2018-1-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-8 13:16
I am certain it was in Follow mode for the gimbal

Ok, then you need to monitor if the shaking was only related to strong wind or otherwise open a support case.
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-8 13:18
Ok, then you need to monitor if the shaking was only related to strong wind or otherwise open a support case.

Thanks so much!
2018-1-8
Use props
Brambleman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-8 12:44
I believe it does have digital stabilization to help it compensate for the lack of a third axis on the gimbal. The mountain in the background if Mt. Hood.

PNW represent! Howdy from Seattle, and geez is it torture or what buying a drone in the winter here! I just want to get out and fly :/
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

Brambleman Posted at 2018-1-8 14:06
PNW represent! Howdy from Seattle, and geez is it torture or what buying a drone in the winter here! I just want to get out and fly :/

Yes! I've been trying to find every window I can to fly.
2018-1-8
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-8 10:34
Yeah, I tested it yesterday. It is MUCH less than it was before when flying near twilight after some snow, but I can still see some shaking here and there.  But I'm guessing the vibrations of the props are also part of the problem, but probably mostly the low light. Does it have digital stabilization next to the gimbal? I need to check it out some more. I tested about an hour before sun set on automatic  settings. Still need to check with manual settings, but little time right now.   

I had the chance to test it out and I did see some improvement but I still notice it:
2018-1-8
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

Still not much light with that much clouds in winter time. Already tried manual settings too? Mt. Hood. Portland area. Cool! Been around that part of your country in the summer.
I've seen some other Spark videos on YouTube also having trouble when filming with low light. Same issues. But maybe replacement would help. I'm not that keen on replacing if the replacement is a refurbished item.
2018-1-9
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-9 10:18
Still not much light with that much clouds in winter time. Already tried manual settings too? Mt. Hood. Portland area. Cool! Been around that part of your country in the summer.
I've seen some other Spark videos on YouTube also having trouble when filming with low light. Same issues. But maybe replacement would help.  I'm not that keen on replacing if the replacement is a refurbished item.

I tried both manual and automatic and both modes were showing some shake. I contacted a DJI rep and they told me to reset camera settings so I will try that today hopefully. Cool that you've been here!
2018-1-9
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

I still need to try manual settings on mine. And FPS -> Follow mode. Waiting for some good days, on working days no time. Gets dark at the end of the afternoon.  
Did they explain how to reset the camera settings? I try to go to the USA just for the holidays every year, the last 10 years. Sometimes even twice a year. Kind of an addiction. This year I will bring my Spark with me (and use Air Map app to see where to fly and where not to fly).
2018-1-10
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-10 11:23
I still need to try manual settings on mine. And FPS -> Follow mode. Waiting for some good days, on working days no time. Gets dark at the end of the afternoon.  
Did they explain how to reset the camera settings? I try to go to the USA just for the holidays every year, the last 10 years. Sometimes even twice a year. Kind of an addiction. This year I will bring my Spark with me (and use Air Map app to see where to fly and where not to fly).

Yes, for resetting camera settings just go to where you can switch between automatic and manual and then go to the setting tab and there should be a button. I also had a chance to shoot in better light and I didn't see any shake (footage on my page). I think it's most likely due to lower light. Where do you plan on going this summer?
2018-1-10
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

Ok thanks. Will look there for a reset button and change it to follow or at least see the difference.
Your new footage looks good, I didn't see any shaking images.
This time I'm going to see Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. Too bad no one is allowed to fly in the NP's.  On the other hand, if everyone would fly a quadcopter  over there, it would be one big mess.
Better to do it this way. I know a Dutch guy once drowned his DJI Phantom (1) in the Grand Prismatic Spring (been there last year while doing the PNW area). Not sure it is still in there. The guy got a big fine: USD 3245. You can buy a lot of DJI quadcopters for that.
2018-1-11
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-11 11:55
Ok thanks. Will look there for a reset button and change it to follow or at least see the difference.
Your new footage looks good, I didn't see any shaking images.
This time I'm going to see Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. Too bad no one is allowed to fly in the NP's.  On the other hand, if everyone would fly a quadcopter  over there, it would be one big mess.

That's brutal about the drowned drone. Definitely won't be risking that anytime soon.
2018-1-11
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-11 15:25
That's brutal about the drowned drone. Definitely won't be risking that anytime soon.

Flying inside NP's is really expensive (because it is forbidden of course). But if you check YouTube, still people are doing it.

About the spark; my camera was already in Follow mode. I reset the camera settings, calibrated the IMU (because it was drifting around its own axis during hover). Now waiting for a sunny day, but my previous test was already quite good.
2018-1-14
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
United States

DutchBiker Posted at 2018-1-14 13:17
Flying inside NP's is really expensive (because it is forbidden of course). But if you check YouTube, still people are doing it.

About the spark; my camera was already in Follow mode. I reset the camera settings, calibrated the IMU (because it was drifting around its own axis during hover). Now waiting for a sunny day, but my previous test was already quite good.

I hope all goes well. I haven't noticed anything when it's in decent light.
2018-1-14
Use props
vitormagnoni
New
Brazil

Hi!

I have the same shake in my Spark sometimes.

What did you do to solve this problem?

Thanks!
2018-6-26
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

I love your video thank you for sharing
2018-7-20
Use props
Jerry Shu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66424 ft
Indonesia

Mine is even bad
2018-7-28
Use props
Jerry Shu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66424 ft
Indonesia

How to upload a video here please.
2018-7-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jerry Shu Posted at 2018-7-28 07:25
How to upload a video here please.

you can't!
You upload to Youtube, vimeo, ....., and link it here
2018-7-28
Use props
djiuser_FaClFHSABb7j
lvl.1

Ghana

Hello,

I was charging my phantom 4pro v2.0 Battery and there was a high voltage which spoilt most of the gadget in my House. It affected the charge tho but it still works. since then I've been having wobbling my video footage. could it be that the battery has a problem?
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules