I lost my Mavic Platinum on Dec 31, 2017...
4191 30 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

Hi Thor, I lost my Mavic Platinum on Dec 31st.  I was getting a reading stating that I was getting a strong RC interference and so I push the RTH button but to no avail.  I than checked the Find My Drone on the DJI Go-4 app and it gave me coordinates.  I looked for 2 days and couldn't find it.  I searched within a 50 yard circumference from the red arrow marking where the drone supposedly was and nothing.
This took place at a park.  I even climbed a tall pine looking for it.  I never had an issue with my Mavic Platinum before this incident?!?
Appreciate any advice.  Thanks

2018-1-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear that. Please upload the flight log (TXT file stored on your mobile device) to PhantomHelp using these instructions and someone may be able to provide insight into what happened.
2018-1-3
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Sorry to hear your lost.  When you got strong RC interference, is the RC and video feed signal lost the same time?  
2018-1-3
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

Hi MAVICDLNM, Yes, I believe the video feed and RC signal got lost.  However, I was not flying near any power lines or anything that would cause RC Interference.  The area is a wide open space with no source of interference. That's the weird thing about it.
2018-1-3
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying, how do I transfer the files stored in my Galaxy S8 phone so that I can send them in to DJI Support? When I press Browse I can't see my TXT Files.
2018-1-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-3 21:22
DroneFlying, how do I transfer the files stored in my Galaxy S8 phone so that I can send them in to DJI Support? When I press Browse I can't see my TXT Files.

Use the instructions on the PhantomHelp web site for retrieving the flight's TXT file based on the type of mobile device (Android or Apple / iOS) used during the flight.
2018-1-4
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-4 06:29
Use the instructions on the PhantomHelp web site for retrieving the flight's TXT file based on the type of mobile device (Android or Apple / iOS) used during the flight.

Thanks Drone Flying.  I opened a case with DJI and they sent me an email asking me to sync my flight history on the DJI Go-4 app which I did and sent all of the other pertinent info they asked for.  Like Receipt of purchase, drone S/N and R/C S/N which are the same etc...  They said that they will investigate the incident and let me know their findings within 5 days.  Will wait and see what they come up with.

In the meantime, I am researching other options and the Splash Drone 3 is looking like a good candidate.
It's water proof and can fly in the rain, land and float in water.  Skim this quadcoptor over water for great underwater footage with the 4K waterproof camera attached to the gimbal for vivid shots.   Also it can carry up to 1 kg payload and one can use it for casting out bait when fishing etc..

I'll wait to see what response dji comes back with.
2018-1-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-5 11:55
Thanks Drone Flying.  I opened a case with DJI and they sent me an email asking me to sync my flight history on the DJI Go-4 app which I did and sent all of the other pertinent info they asked for.  Like Receipt of purchase, drone S/N and R/C S/N which are the same etc...  They said that they will investigate the incident and let me know their findings within 5 days.  Will wait and see what they come up with.

In the meantime, I am researching other options and the Splash Drone 3 is looking like a good candidate.

sorry for your loss of mavic -thanks for pointing out the swellpro, pretty interesting - i am going to watch their progress - good luck, i hope your issue will be quickly and happily resolved.
2018-1-5
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-5 13:34
sorry for your loss of mavic -thanks for pointing out the swellpro, pretty interesting - i am going to watch their progress - good luck, i hope your issue will be quickly and happily resolved.

Thank you for your thoughts Bekaru Tree.  Hopefully I will be flying a Mavic Pro Platinum soon.
2018-1-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you’re back in the air soon.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166014 ft
United States

Do not buy the utterly useless and expesive DJI Care Refresh crap warranty. Instead, contact your local State Farm or Geico agent and insure your drone for 80 bucks. This insurance will cover you for anything from a crash to a loss like what happened to you and you wont even have to pay a deductible!
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Splash Drone 3 seems to be an very interesting drone. Thanks for the heads up.
2018-1-6
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Methinks you American friends need to think that your State Farm insurance mob are gonna see the light shortly...
I know if I ran the business, I'd fix it quick smart....
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi friend, I am terribly sorry for missing your post and your loss, had you contacted our support? If you haven't, please contact our support to start a ticket, we will help to make data analysis if the drone, if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-7
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 03:00
Hi friend, I am terribly sorry for missing your post and your loss, had you contacted our support? If you haven't, please contact our support to start a ticket, we will help to make data analysis if the drone, if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks DJI Thor, I did contact dji support and got a case opened last week.  They asked me to sync my flight data with the DJI Go-4 app and send all pertinent info like receipt of purchase, etc....   I was told that once they got all of the info they will investigate the incident and let me know their findings.  Also I was informed by the person I spoke with on the phone that once they receive my info it would most likely take them 5 working days to investigate and get back to me, no more than 2 weeks.  So here I am waiting for their result and answer to my request for replacement.  I submitted all the info on January 4th.  
2018-1-9
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-1-5 17:04
Hope you’re back in the air soon.

Thanks Woe, the feeling is mutual.
2018-1-9
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Pelomixa Posted at 2018-1-6 02:20
Do not buy the utterly useless and expesive DJI Care Refresh crap warranty. Instead, contact your local State Farm or Geico agent and insure your drone for 80 bucks. This insurance will cover you for anything from a crash to a loss like what happened to you and you wont even have to pay a deductible!

Thanks Pelomixa.  I will check with GEICO since they already insure my cars.  I checked with State Farm and in California they will not insure your drone unless you're using it for your work or profession.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-9 08:05
Thanks DJI Thor, I did contact dji support and got a case opened last week.  They asked me to sync my flight data with the DJI Go-4 app and send all pertinent info like receipt of purchase, etc....   I was told that once they got all of the info they will investigate the incident and let me know their findings.  Also I was informed by the person I spoke with on the phone that once they receive my info it would most likely take them 5 working days to investigate and get back to me, no more than 2 weeks.  So here I am waiting for their result and answer to my request for replacement.  I submitted all the info on January 4th.

Sorry for the late reply due to the long days off. Have you got the feedback from our support? Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help, thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-17 23:36
Sorry for the late reply due to the long days off. Have you got the feedback from our support? Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help, thank you.

Hi DJI Thor, So as you know from my post, I sent an email explaining in detail what happened on Jan 31, 2017 and that I press RTH and my Mavic Platinum did not return home.  I followed up with a call to insure that my email was received.  It was and the person I spoke with opened a case and gave me the case number. On the same day I received an email with several questions asking me to answer them and include proof of purchase, Sync my flights on the DJI Go-4 App and reply back.  So I hit the reply and answered all the pertinent questions attached the proof of purchase, Synced my flights on the Go-4 App and sent it.  I waited and then followed up again on Jan 15, 2018 and was asked again to resend the email with all of the same information I had previously sent. Then I receive an email, from Evelyn at DJI Tech Support, asking me to submit the same information that I have already submitted twice.  The first time emailed to Support.us@dji.com and the second time to Support@dji.com.  Now Evelyn is asking me to submitt the information again to Support.us@dji.com again!!!???!!!I already submitted information such as 1) When did the aircraft crash? Duh, my aircraft didn't crash, it didn't return home when I hit the RTH button and it happened on December 31, 2017 (16 Days ago)...  I already sent my email address that is connected to my DJI Go-4 app. I also sent the description of what happened along with the proof of purchase.  Synced all my flight information etc...  etc... etc...   I figured from all of the incidents reported by other members, that DJI is giving me the run around so at this point I am not going to play this silly game of keep on sending the same information over and over again.  However if you could help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-18 10:05
Hi DJI Thor, So as you know from my post, I sent an email explaining in detail what happened on Jan 31, 2017 and that I press RTH and my Mavic Platinum did not return home.  I followed up with a call to insure that my email was received.  It was and the person I spoke with opened a case and gave me the case number. On the same day I received an email with several questions asking me to answer them and include proof of purchase, Sync my flights on the DJI Go-4 App and reply back.  So I hit the reply and answered all the pertinent questions attached the proof of purchase, Synced my flights on the Go-4 App and sent it.  I waited and then followed up again on Jan 15, 2018 and was asked again to resend the email with all of the same information I had previously sent. Then I receive an email, from Evelyn at DJI Tech Support, asking me to submit the same information that I have already submitted twice.  The first time emailed to  and the second time to .  Now Evelyn is asking me to submitt the information again to  again!!!???!!!I already submitted information such as 1) When did the aircraft crash? Duh, my aircraft didn't crash, it didn't return home when I hit the RTH button and it happened on December 31, 2017 (16 Days ago)...  I already sent my email address that is connected to my DJI Go-4 app. I also sent the description of what happened along with the proof of purchase.  Synced all my flight information etc...  etc... etc...   I figured from all of the incidents reported by other members, that DJI is giving me the run around so at this point I am not going to play this silly game of keep on sending the same information over and over again.  However if you could help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am really sorry for the unpleasant experience that you had met. Could you please provide me with your case number or ticket number so I can check the info and try to help? Really regretful for the late reply for some reasons.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

After reading this I’m glad I have State Farm. Sorry for your loss and the BS your putting up with.
2018-1-22
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 00:42
I am really sorry for the unpleasant experience that you had met. Could you please provide me with your case number or ticket number so I can check the info and try to help? Really regretful for the late reply for some reasons.

Hi DJI Thor, my case number is CAS-1376320-Y4X5G8  CRM:0430000004186...  However I am hitting a  brick wall with dji support due to the fact that they are looking at the dji G0-4  flight history and for whatever reason the app only recorded the first two flights and did not record the third flight when the drone didn't return home when I hit the RTH button.  I did email DJI Evelyn the flight history captured by AIRDATA UAV HD Sync APP which recorded all three flights taken on 31 Dec 2017...  I was told that they will not take the information captured on AIRDATA UAV and to email them all the data in the DJI Go-4 app.  So I feel I am just getting the round around.  I am not as CHEAP as DJI, so I already went ahead and purchased another Mavic Platinum Drone.  Which brings me to the question on how do I marry my existing DJI Care Refresh to my new drone.  I was told that I could once I got a new dji drone.
Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated,
Silver Surfer
2018-1-22
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-22 01:50
After reading this I’m glad I have State Farm. Sorry for your loss and the BS your putting up with.

Hi fansf77370fb, you were smart in going with State Farm.  I purchased the DJI Care Refresh Service  The dji mavic platinum is a nice drone, however their Go-4 app falls way short of what it's supposed to do.  It only recorded my first two flights and did not record the third flight when my drone got lost and so I checked my flight records on the AIRDATA UAV HD Sync App and all the details of all three flights show on it.  So I emailed that information to dji and they dismissed it and told me that they can't use that data...  Go figure.  So dji support now wants me to export the whole flight records folder (including the MCDAT Flight Records folder) from my phone along with the cache video for them.  I like their drone, however their customer service is way lacking.  Not to mention their Go-4 APP..  So I am thinking about it cause I don't want to play their silly game that the customer is always wrong.  I already purchased another Mavic Platinum cause unlike dji, I am not cheap.  I do like their product but I can't say that about their customer service.  May the winds be always on your favor.
Silver Surfer
2018-1-22
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
United States

State Farm insurance is the best insurance you can get. Why deal with DJI when you don’t need to I totally take them out of the scenario.
2018-1-22
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-22 15:39
State Farm insurance is the best insurance you can get. Why deal with DJI when you don’t need to I totally take them out of the scenario.

I have learned my lesson, and will follow your advice.  
2018-1-22
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
United States

I hope everything works out for you.
2018-1-22
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-22 19:25

Thanks fans77370fb, I hope so too.  
2018-1-23
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-22 19:25

Thanks fansf77370fb, I hope so too.
2018-1-23
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-22 14:24
Hi DJI Thor, my case number is CAS-1376320-Y4X5G8  CRM:0430000004186...  However I am hitting a  brick wall with dji support due to the fact that they are looking at the dji G0-4  flight history and for whatever reason the app only recorded the first two flights and did not record the third flight when the drone didn't return home when I hit the RTH button.  I did email DJI Evelyn the flight history captured by AIRDATA UAV HD Sync APP which recorded all three flights taken on 31 Dec 2017...  I was told that they will not take the information captured on AIRDATA UAV and to email them all the data in the DJI Go-4 app.  So I feel I am just getting the round around.  I am not as CHEAP as DJI, so I already went ahead and purchased another Mavic Platinum Drone.  Which brings me to the question on how do I marry my existing DJI Care Refresh to my new drone.  I was told that I could once I got a new dji drone.
Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated,
Silver Surfer

DJI will never admit fault. Just like me, you're not going to get any kind of compensation from them.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Silver Surfer Posted at 2018-1-22 15:10
Hi fansf77370fb, you were smart in going with State Farm.  I purchased the DJI Care Refresh Service  The dji mavic platinum is a nice drone, however their Go-4 app falls way short of what it's supposed to do.  It only recorded my first two flights and did not record the third flight when my drone got lost and so I checked my flight records on the AIRDATA UAV HD Sync App and all the details of all three flights show on it.  So I emailed that information to dji and they dismissed it and told me that they can't use that data...  Go figure.  So dji support now wants me to export the whole flight records folder (including the MCDAT Flight Records folder) from my phone along with the cache video for them.  I like their drone, however their customer service is way lacking.  Not to mention their Go-4 APP..  So I am thinking about it cause I don't want to play their silly game that the customer is always wrong.  I already purchased another Mavic Platinum cause unlike dji, I am not cheap.  I do like their product but I can't say that about their customer service.  May the winds be always on your favor.
Silver Surfer

Silver, it is absolutely my fault for the late reply, I am so regretful for this. We are terribly sorry to tell that the data on the third-party app will not be admitted, if you are using the Android device, please kindly provide us with the whole record folder so we can help to check the details. And I am sorry to tell if the flyaway case is not confirmed, I am afraid that the DJI Care Refresh might not be able to transfer. You can try to contact djicare@dji.com for a further help on this. Appreciate your kind understanding.
And for the case that we repeatedly asked the same info, I will forward to the relative team to confirm and keep improving the service. Sorry again for this case.
2018-2-2
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Canada

Robstunner Posted at 2018-1-23 12:00
DJI will never admit fault. Just like me, you're not going to get any kind of compensation from them.

Hi Robstunner, you are right.  Just like you I received no kind of compensation of any kind.
I purchased another Mavic Pro Platinum and transferred my refresh program to the new unit.
From now on when I update my firmware I will tie a fishing line to my drone the first few flights
so if in case it glitches and flies away.  I hope I have no problems with my new one.  I'll fire it up
this weekend and let you know how it goes.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules