Spark GPS strong but loss of signal and video -HELP
2920 11 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

So basically im new, i got my spark for a present at christmas, ive watched many a video guides, followed all check lists.
batteries charged, everything up to date, got over my anxiety and flew my spark in a local park. All was great i had a blast, checked out my footage and photos, was excited with my new hobby, i took my spark down to my local beach to hone my new found photography skills. All was great besides one small loss of signal which gave me a heart attack and brought it right back home.

So today about a week from my last flight, i took my drone to the exact same spot. I had 17 GPS (satellites) strong connection, flight mode, location switched on, i use android phone for the record, i dont have a cable, i use the RC controller i took off and almost instantly had loss of signal, and my video feed was SUUUUPER laggy, it was showing i was still on thr ground when i was a few meters up and turned to a pixellated mess as i continued to manually fly. i waited, got gps, moved slightly higher and loss of signal again, went to atti mode, then signal and almost immediate loss again. I was horrified, i turned my spark off, went to another park/spot and tried again with the exact same results, so i returned home thinking, do i have a very expensive faulty gift ? im yet to find much on the forums that relate specifically to this, im scared if i go overseas and fly, that im going to have issues, possibly lose my drone or worse.

Am i missing anything.
ive seen alot of flight log answers, i am not familiar with all that yet.
2018-1-3
Use props
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

EDIT: Even when its waiting to take off, taking ages to get signal and then losing it, in areas that i have flown before
2018-1-3
Use props
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

EDIT: Even when its waiting to take off, taking ages to get GPS signal and then losing it almost straight away, in areas that i have flown before
2018-1-3
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Can you check your WiFi signal and perhaps manually change channels?

If you have an OTG cable have you tried that?
2018-1-3
Use props
semenick96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21854 ft
Canada

When I first got the remote my first flight was terrible, signal was weak and image wa sketchy. So I researched how to manually select a stronger channel to use for the RC to spark connection and changed it to one in the 2.4ghz range and haven’t had any problems since
2018-1-3
Use props
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

The app only has auto or custom and custom lets me pick channels that constantly change from good to bad, i cant see a 2.4ghz option but it auto swaps to that when i lose signal, then loses it again basically, i went and bought a cable from galaxy s8 to RC and it isnt recognizing it when i plug in.

yay for me...
2018-1-3
Use props
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

Maybe it is just a bad signal day or something... like i said, my first flight in same area was great.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Snitzy Posted at 2018-1-3 22:35
Maybe it is just a bad signal day or something... like i said, my first flight in same area was great.

Hi, Snitzy. Did you try to change an environment to fly your spark? I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most channels are green. Any error message from your app? Please ensure that there is no interference, such as, high voltage line, metal and factory. Please try to put your phone in airplane mode. Please keep us updated.  
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-4
Use props
Wodnik
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 00:49
Hi, Snitzy. Did you try to change an environment to fly your spark? I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most channels are green. Any error message from your app? Please ensure that there is no interference, such as, high voltage line, metal and factory. Please try to put your phone in airplane mode. Please keep us updated.

Hi DJ Elektra,
If I want to use GPS signal should I conect smartphone with DJI app? Is it possible to fly without smartphone only with controller using gps signal?
2019-1-6
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Wodnik Posted at 1-6 03:35
Hi DJ Elektra,
If I want to use GPS signal should I conect smartphone with DJI app? Is it possible to fly without smartphone only with controller using gps signal?

Hello Snitzy!  I recommend that you use the OTG cable. You will avoid all those problems for very little money in amazon. You will not waste time and you will enjoy much more of the spark.
2019-1-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Wodnik Posted at 1-6 03:35
Hi DJ Elektra,
If I want to use GPS signal should I conect smartphone with DJI app? Is it possible to fly without smartphone only with controller using gps signal?

Yes, you can fly it without phone
Just wait till the back LED  are green, which should tell you that a HP got set.
But you have no other option, as to look at the Spark.

Which I think is not the goal for a flying camera!
2019-1-6
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Was Bluetooth off?  
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules