Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Again signal loss and aircraft disconnect
756 7 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SMhMUlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558556 ft
South Africa

Hi All
Last week I posted that the travel distance on my P4 was really bad ( no more than approximately 500mts).Not much feedback from the group and a tutorial on how to have your antenna’s angled(hahahah).
So last night we did a little test.
1x P4 flew no further than 536m.
1x Mavic Pro.  2350m.

Line of sight was maintained on both flights.
Maximun distance was set before flight.

We both did the firmware updates. PLEASE PLEASE can somebody explain is this ME or am I going mad as the manual and all other forums and blogs say we can fly at least 3000m if not more.

I am not trying to break long distance records I just expect the performance I paid a lot of money for.

Thanks
Luke
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Luke, may I know what's the current firmware of your aircraft and controller? How about the performance if changed to another open location without interference?
2018-1-3
Use props
CharlesWhiteman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-3 23:43
Hi Luke, may I know what's the current firmware of your aircraft and controller? How about the performance if changed to another open location without interference?

I have the same issue with my P4P+.. Very poor distance.  This flight I locked it to 5.8G
Data Loss Example
2018-4-23
Use props
CharlesWhiteman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

CharlesWhiteman Posted at 2018-4-23 00:29
I have the same issue with my P4P+.. Very poor distance.  This flight I locked it to 5.8G
Data Loss Example

Here's another example, losing connection at 1300 meters.  DJI - please advise me/us
Data Loss At 1300 Meters
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CharlesWhiteman Posted at 2018-4-23 00:32
Here's another example, losing connection at 1300 meters.  DJI - please advise me/us
Data Loss At 1300 Meters

Luke, have you tried to switch to 2.4GHz to check the performance? Any difference?
Also, we do not support to analyse the data from the third-party software, please kindly note and understand.
2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Can I please join this choir of customers who are dissatisfied with the range, all started after one of last summers updates, 300 meter max is not unusual, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter. Both videofeed and control range has been decreased very much.
But guess the engineers know about it as the forum is flooded by threads regarding this issue, look like all models are now infected with this range eating virus sneaking in with the updates.
2018-4-24
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Any of you using Android for flight?
2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2018-4-24 09:37
Any of you using Android for flight?

CharlesWhiteman and I do, we have not much choise with the +.
It should be noted we have the 4 Pro but as stated it look like most if not all of the P3 and P4 series can have this issue.
I have noticed the most complaints from users within CE and using the otherwise stronger 2.4GHz band. Where i fly the most there is nothing to interfere unless i choose to, i even have a nice distance to the closest cell towers.
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules