Octocopter hovering at low altitude then shaking/wobbling tilting then crashing
1568 4 2015-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maconhill
lvl.1

United States

Have an A2 flight controller on the new Tarot X8 foldable arms and retractable landing gear. When you begin flight the octo is very unsteady in GPS. Kinda like a basketball that is not spinning properly on your finger. While it was hovering at low altitude it began to wobble then tipped to the ground and crashed. Fortunatley no major issues. This happened once in the grass, then the next time I flew it happened again. What is the problem? I have video, however having difficulties loading...advice/instructions? Thank you
2015-4-20
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

There is not enough information to make an assessment.  There could be many  issues leading to this including gains not set correctly,, vibration, ESC issues.......  How does it fly in attitude mode?  What type of ESC are you using.  More detail could hep in diagnosing issues.
2015-4-24
Use props
maconhill
lvl.1

United States

joe@heliflightc Posted at 2015-4-24 21:27
There is not enough information to make an assessment.  There could be many  issues leading to this  ...

Simple fix...the basic gains were set at 100 for the 3 of them. Accordign to the S1000 default gains on the DJI S1000 wiki page...they should be at 120% for all 3. I started there and had a very good stable flight in a 10mph cross wind. I did up the gains to 130% and it will just about sit still in 10-15mph gust
2015-5-13
Use props
JuniorUAV
New

United States

Looking for some advise.

I am having the same wobble issue on  my new big Quad using A2 controller. This is a heavy lift quad for a new project.

Here is my set up.

Tomotors U12
Tmotors props
Flame 80 A ESC
12s battery set up
2017-4-25
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.2
United States

JuniorUAV Posted at 2017-4-25 06:02
Looking for some advise.

I am having the same wobble issue on  my new big Quad using A2 controller. This is a heavy lift quad for a new project.

I had that problem after I had introduced a new element (a speaker), and it's magnet's was giving off a strong magnetic field (they all have magnets), which was throwing off the compass in the GPS, making it wobble.
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules