OTG Galaxy S8 and Spark RC
5662 9 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snitzy
lvl.1
Australia

So i seem to be the opposite to everyone esle as always.
I purchased a cable that plugs straight from the RC into my S8 not having the usb connector in the middle
When i follow all the steps, my phone just starts charging the RC and there is no connection, tried it back to from etc etc all the toutorials on youtube. i feel like this is the only time ive wanted an iphone..

I get the option on my phone to charge the device, to select the device to charge my phone, transfer files etc..

When i try to get the device to charge my phone ( because people say thats what happens when they succesfully connect their otg but are told to ignore the charging as it barely drains the RC ) i select that option but nothing happens, just continues to charge the RC and says that the device needs an external power source :/
2018-1-3
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

hi snitzy, well first it wrong the way you are doing it, first you have to have DJIGO 4 version 4.1.15 this is the latest version that works great with the cable connection , 2 you must have OTG cable to be connected to the RC , you can get it for like 5/7 dollars and if you have Samsung S7 it comes with it color white and to connect it these are the steps otherwise it will not work
2018-1-4
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

1-turn on the RC, 2- turn on the Spark, 3- When you see solid GREEN on the RC mean its connected to the Drone then you CONNECT the OTG cable ,5- Connect the USB to the OTG then to the Samsung S8 then launch the DJIGO4 app , if any message comes just say ok and you will be connected to the S8,,,,,,  Good Luck
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Snitzy, I would recommend you use wifi connection instead. Did you encounter any problem when you connect your spark with wifi? Thanks for your support.
2018-1-4
Use props
Sparky David
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41161 ft
United Kingdom

Snitzy, I got my Spark in September 2017 and I had a Galaxy S7 then.  I went the OTG route and got several cables.  I eventually got things working, but was a pain particularly when changing batteries.  Each battery change involved the following a certain procedure to get everything connected.  I then got an S8 and DJI fixed the connectivity problems.  I now fly with wireless and have no issues.  

Why do you not fly with wireless?
2018-1-4
Use props
suds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45030 ft
Australia

Snitzy, did u get the fly more combo with your spark ? The white cable that comes with it, use the USB end on Remote Control with an adapter and the micro USB end on your phonewith adapter. At this point the RC should be charging your phone. Some cable are uni-directional. So if u bought a cable with micro USB on one end and USB c on the Other it might not work. I bought one too and it didn't. Hope this helps.
2018-1-6
Use props
djiuser_2LKyXIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

You need a proper OTG cable not the one that comes with the phone, also start the app first and then connect. Make sure the option for the phone is set to file transfer not to charge the phone or remote.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans4ee11d8a
New

United States

Ive search all threw the threads and have not seen any info on my issue. I have a s7 connecting to rc via double micro cable, I have no issues connecting but I am only getting video feed from drone not data on a/c battery, distances, can not make any changes to setting. Only getting camera feed... any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
2018-1-6
Use props
BibbyPadgett
New

Brazil

Also here is an easy way to transfer photos from Samsung Galaxy S8 to PC or Mac, watch this video:  youtu.be/9FJzWr4sU9U
2019-1-20
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-4 00:43
Snitzy, I would recommend you use wifi connection instead. Did you encounter any problem when you connect your spark with wifi? Thanks for your support.

why do you recommend wifi connection instead of cable connection? solid connection always more stable then wireless one.
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules