Spark Shipping Delays
1897 25 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJLMSU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37457 ft
United States

Is anyone else experinecing shipping delays with Spark from the Holiday event?  I am located in Michigan and ordered on the 29th direct from DJI,  but it still has not shipped.  It was in stock when I ordered and still appears to be in stock. When I reached out to DJI they were very nice but could not provide a shipping date which i need so I have someone at the house to receive the package. DJI stated omy order was in warehouse picking status and should be shipping soon but it has not.  

I have two questions:

What sort of shipping times have people recently experience with Spark, is this normal?

I purchased the DJI Refesh Care and the agreement I received states my coverage starts tomorrow.  Will DJI adjust the coverage dates for when I actually have the spark in my posession.

Thanks for the help!
2018-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Shipping in the last 3 months has been excellent, at this moment your spark should have shipped in 1 day according to website, probably takes 3/4 day to get to you, holidays may have caused delay.
Have you checked status on website and have you tried to contact chat also on website?

You could also give your order number to moderator to check for you.
2018-1-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coverage starts when you activate the device
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-4 08:38
Shipping in the last 3 months has been excellent, at this moment your spark should have shipped in 1 day according to website, probably takes 3/4 day to get to you, holidays may have caused delay.
Have you checked status on website and have you tried to contact chat also on website?

HI and thanks for the prompt reply. I spoke with the moderator on the site yesterday  and she just said it was in picking status and would ship soon.  Even with the holidays since i ordered on he 29th i expected to have it for my trip to the lake Saturday morning.  I just checked again and it still has not shipped so i guess i will not have it in time.  I will follow up with the moderator today.  I thought i would receive in 7 days and it has not even shipped in what will be 7 days tomorrow.  
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

This is the response from the chat with DJI today. It is basically the same thing i was told a couple days ago and looks like it was copied and pasted from a sheet or something as a standard reply.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Looks like I just need to sit and wait for them to ship it and don't know when that will happen.  If they don't know then it is what it is but I would like to at least ballpark it since I am headed out of town this weekend.

"Thank you for waiting. Upon checking it here your order status is now on Shipment. Meaning we are now preparing your package to be shipped. and it is now on Picking means warehouse employees are consolidating the order of the customer.after being consolidated it will be packed in a box. and it will be ready to send. Once the package is about to ship you will receive an email regarding the shipping address including the tracking number."
2018-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-4 09:28
HI and thanks for the prompt reply. I spoke with the moderator on the site yesterday  and she just said it was in picking status and would ship soon.  Even with the holidays since i ordered on he 29th i expected to have it for my trip to the lake Saturday morning.  I just checked again and it still has not shipped so i guess i will not have it in time.  I will follow up with the moderator today.  I thought i would receive in 7 days and it has not even shipped in what will be 7 days tomorrow.

That’s a pity, one thing might help once it says shipped you could receive next day it’s a peculiar thing with dji.
I have purchased many times with dji and as soon as I get email to say shipped I have it next day, hopefully you get it soon good luck.
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-4 09:51
That’s a pity, one thing might help once it says shipped you could receive next day it’s a peculiar thing with dji.
I have purchased many times with dji and as soon as I get email to say shipped I have it next day, hopefully you get it soon good luck.

Thanks, fingers crossed it ships today. If not I will reach out again tomorrow and hopefully they are not still picking.  I'll post once i receive the package to close the loop and track how many days it took. Thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-4 08:41
Coverage starts when you activate the device

Thank you, that would make sense. Do i need to follow up with DJI if its after tomorrow or does it just automatically update once i active?
2018-1-4
Use props
camilo6794 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9167 ft
United States

I ordered mine before Christmas 12-16-17 (Saturday) and it arrived on 12-19-17(Tuesday) so it was just one business day. It was really fast for me. my guess is that everyone ordered after the holidays and that delays the shipping times  but i had a great experience!   
2018-1-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-4 10:11
Thank you, that would make sense. Do i need to follow up with DJI if its after tomorrow or does it just automatically update once i active?

Once you receive your Mavic you'll have go through an activation process before you can begin to fly it.
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

Sharing the whole chat from today.  My concern is that the DJI rep on the other end of the chat just said something to get me off the line. He first said that my package was in picking and then after i challenged by mentioning that i was told the same thing before.  After mentioning that i had been told it was in picking before he then advised my package was then magically in "Packaging" status 4 minutes after he said it was in picking.  My status has not updated and I have not received an email.  It will be interesting to see if my drone arrives in 48 hours as he states or if it even ships in the next 48 hours.   Fingers crossed he was being forthright and not just trying to move onto the next customer.  

Below is the chat with the DJI rep:

DJI: Hello Jonathon.

Me: I think there may be problems with my order. I I ordered on the 29th of last month and it still has not shipped
Me: I was planning on using it at the lake this weekend but looks like that isnt an option

Me: I was hoping you could look into it

today 12:33

DJI: I understand that you want to know the status of your order. Let me check it here for you. Can I have the order number please?

Me: sure

Me: 00XXXXXXXXXXX

Me: i know we had holidays but i though i would have it by the weekend but looks like there may be a shippind delay

today 12:34

Me: I posted something on the DJI forums and it seems others have had great shipping times

DJI: Thank you for waiting. Upon checking it here your order status is now on Shipment. Meaning we are now preparing your package to be shipped. and it is now on Picking means warehouse employees are consolidating the order of the customer.after being consolidated it will be packed in a box. and it will be ready to send. Once the package is about to ship you will receive an email regarding the shipping address including the tracking number.

today 12:35

Me: it has been in picking for a few days

Me: that is why i am concerend

Me: if the order is just missing the skins or landing pad can they just ship the drone and the rest later

today 12:38

DJI: Upon checking it here it is now on Packaging Jonathon. Rest assure that once your order is ready to ship you will receive an email regarding the tracking number

Me: do you have any idea when it will ship and how many days shipping will take

Me: i am headed to the lake this weekend and will not be home to receive teh package

today 12:39

Me: if it is coming Saturday or Sunday I will need to have a relative stay to receive the package and would like to make the arrangement for that

DJI: Please allow within 24 -48 hours Jonathon. I understand that you really want to have the package. Rest assure that we are doing all we can in order to shipped the package as soon as possible.

today 12:42

Me: ok cool but i will get tracking in email when it ships so i can make arrangements to have it received a day or two in advance correct sir?

DJI: Yes the tracking number is included once we notify you via email

today 12:43

Me: ok thanks Marvin, not as detailed as I would have liked to nail down the deliver day but closer than I was before i reached out
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jonathon, we sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping because of the holiday and weekend, once the status is in packaging, the tracking number will be generated very soon, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
May I know which moderator you have contacted before? Sorry that I didn't find the record, may I have the order number again please? I will keep following up your order, thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-4 18:45
Hi Jonathon, we sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping because of the holiday and weekend, once the status is in packaging, the tracking number will be generated very soon, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
May I know which moderator you have contacted before? Sorry that I didn't find the record, may I have the order number again please? I will keep following up your order, thank you.

Thank you for reaching out DJI Mindy. I just got off of a chat with customer support and received the same info, it is in picking status and they cannot estimate a delivery date.  Any assistance you can offer would be very much appreciated.  I will reach out to you via PM with details.
2018-1-5
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-5 07:46
Thank you for reaching out DJI Mindy. I just got off of a chat with customer support and received the same info, it is in picking status and they cannot estimate a delivery date.  Any assistance you can offer would be very much appreciated.  I will reach out to you via PM with details.

Regarding the moderator it was not in the forums it was the DJI Enchat service from the DJI store. I think the name was Manuel.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-5 07:46

Hi Jonathon, we are different support team from Echat, but we check the order status in the same system, I just checked again, the status is still packaging, my apologies for this, the issue will be escalated to Sales Team to look into, unfortunately it is weekend now, the update may get delayed, but I will keep following up this order, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-1-5
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 19:36
Hi Jonathon, we are different support team from Echat, but we check the order status in the same system, I just checked again, the status is still packaging, my apologies for this, the issue will be escalated to Sales Team to look into, unfortunately it is weekend now, the update may get delayed, but I will keep following up this order, sorry again for the trouble caused.

Thank you for looking into this, it is very frustrating.  The DJI site still says it will ship one day after payment is received even today. The order was on the 29th and it has been almost a week since payment has been received and it is still not shipped.  I keep begin told that it is in picking but nobody can tell me why or when it will ship.  
I asked about cancelling my order so I can just go to the mall and pick one up for this weekend (there are several vendors in the area with Spark in stock) and I was told that was not an option for me to cancel because of the status it is in. The only option to cancel would be to refuse the package that has not shipped and nobody can tell me when it will ship.
So basically the status is not moving, nobody can tell me why or when it will move, and there is no option to cancel at this point and just go pick one up.  Nobody knows when it will arrive or what the issue is with my order.  This is like a crazy game of chicken and the egg. Don't know when you will get your drone, but you cant cancel until you get it.
I have reached out 4 days in a row to the chat help and just get told every time that it is in picking and it will ship tomorrow.  Actually yesterday the genteman said it would ship in a matter of hours. As of this morning, no surprise that there is still no change and now it's the weekend. Not a good experience, actually very poor from a customer service prospective.  
I do want to say that I truly appreciate you trying to help and look forward to hopefully getting my bird someday because spark is a blast to whip around.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-6 06:54
Thank you for looking into this, it is very frustrating.  The DJI site still says it will ship one day after payment is received even today. The order was on the 29th and it has been almost a week since payment has been received and it is still not shipped.  I keep begin told that it is in picking but nobody can tell me why or when it will ship.  
I asked about cancelling my order so I can just go to the mall and pick one up for this weekend (there are several vendors in the area with Spark in stock) and I was told that was not an option for me to cancel because of the status it is in. The only option to cancel would be to refuse the package that has not shipped and nobody can tell me when it will ship.
So basically the status is not moving, nobody can tell me why or when it will move, and there is no option to cancel at this point and just go pick one up.  Nobody knows when it will arrive or what the issue is with my order.  This is like a crazy game of chicken and the egg. Don't know when you will get your drone, but you cant cancel until you get it.

JJLMSU, I totally understand your frustration. I'm so sorry for the late response because of the weekend, just got the feedback from Sales Team, the order will be shipped out today, I will check again in the end of the day and keeps following up, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-7
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-7 23:59
JJLMSU, I totally understand your frustration. I'm so sorry for the late response because of the weekend, just got the feedback from Sales Team, the order will be shipped out today, I will check again in the end of the day and keeps following up, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you DJI Mindy, good news that it should ship today.  No urgency on my end this week until probably Wednesday or Thursday if  it doesnt move. I have to go back up to the lake to get my shots this weekend and probably won't use it prior to then outside of registration and set up.  Appreciate the help and follow up.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-8 07:18
Thank you DJI Mindy, good news that it should ship today.  No urgency on my end this week until probably Wednesday or Thursday if  it doesnt move. I have to go back up to the lake to get my shots this weekend and probably won't use it prior to then outside of registration and set up.  Appreciate the help and follow up.

Our warehouse is working on your order and I do hope you will get it before your trip.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-8 07:18
Thank you DJI Mindy, good news that it should ship today.  No urgency on my end this week until probably Wednesday or Thursday if  it doesnt move. I have to go back up to the lake to get my shots this weekend and probably won't use it prior to then outside of registration and set up.  Appreciate the help and follow up.

JJLMSU, the package has been shipped out, did you receive the tracking number via email?
2018-1-9
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 21:30
JJLMSU, the package has been shipped out, did you receive the tracking number via email?

Hi DJI Mindy I need your help again. This has been an extremely long wait period for the package (2 weeks from order and 10 days form payment confim) and it arrived missing a major component of why I went with the flymore combo.

The package did arrive today and the flymore combo was missing the charger. It has the cord that goes to the wall and the converter but not the piece that the three batteries plug into.  That is the point to charge them all at the same time vs in the drone.  

I am so frustrated at this point I a not sure what to do. Can you please advise what to do about the missing component?

2018-1-11
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

2018-1-11
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

@DJI Mindy -  sorry, after digging deeper I found the charger in the front pocket of the carrying case. I did not expect it to be so thin so actually a great surprise to be wrong.  

Thanks for all the help - I think my order is complete and all here finally.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-11 07:01
@DJI Mindy -  sorry, after digging deeper I found the charger in the front pocket of the carrying case. I did not expect it to be so thin so actually a great surprise to be wrong.  

Thanks for all the help - I think my order is complete and all here finally.

Hey JJJLMSU, sorry for the late response since I was off duty yesterday, glad to know the issue got sorted out in the end, but we still would like to apologize for all the inconvenience caused, we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience in the future.
2018-1-11
Use props
JJLMSU
lvl.2
United States

Update on shipping now that the drone has arrived.  Estimated ship time was 1 day after payment. Spark arrived 13 days after order, 10 days after payment confirmed.  Shipment was missing the 16GB MicroSD card when received, I am working with the email support currently to get that confirmed and sent to me.

Review of the help provided by DJI support.  The online chat offered through the store was not helpful, for 3 or 4 straight days I was told it would ship the next day, very frustrating when the site continued to say one day after payment confirmed.  The support through the forums (DJI MIndy) was much more helpful than the chat service and provided timely feedback and updates.  The support through DJI email ( [url=mailtonlinesale@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url] ) have also been responsive and i believe impactful. Nothing seemed to happen until I got DJI Mindy and the online sales team involved.  I will update the thread once there is an update on the missing SD Card.

It seems there was some problem in the warehouse, I received the following form DJI they day before it shipped:
"We apologize for the issue. Upon checking, the order is currently awaiting pickup from FedEx on our warehouse since 2018-01-04. Rest assured that your order is now prioritized as we are investigating the issue of the untimely delay. Please expect an email containing the tracking number once the order is shipped. Again we apologize for the inconvenience."

As a side note the drone performs exactly how i expect it to and setup was a snap.  I read several horror stories online about setup problems with an iphone. It was actually very seamless to set up and the scanning of the QR codes kept it simple.  I was up and flying in 15 min or so including setup, firmwire upgrades, and registration.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JJLMSU Posted at 2018-1-12 15:32
Update on shipping now that the drone has arrived.  Estimated ship time was 1 day after payment. Spark arrived 13 days after order, 10 days after payment confirmed.  Shipment was missing the 16GB MicroSD card when received, I am working with the email support currently to get that confirmed and sent to me.

Review of the help provided by DJI support.  The online chat offered through the store was not helpful, for 3 or 4 straight days I was told it would ship the next day, very frustrating when the site continued to say one day after payment confirmed.  The support through the forums (DJI MIndy) was much more helpful than the chat service and provided timely feedback and updates.  The support through DJI email ( onlinesales@dji.com ) have also been responsive and i believe impactful. Nothing seemed to happen until I got DJI Mindy and the online sales team involved.  I will update the thread once there is an update on the missing SD Card.

Sorry for the trouble you have been caused,  we'll learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you all better service via all of our support channels. For the SD card issue, may I have your ticket number so I can look into it and escalate it? Sorry again for this.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules