Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LiPo Batteries to charge P4 batteries?
1053 5 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Ok so I had this idea, I have two lipo batteries hooked up in series for a total voltage of something around 24v. Im assuming it should work but I just want to check here first, say I connect the positive and negative terminals of the batteries to the power brick outlet plugin, do you suppose it would start charging the p4 battery? Im curious because it could be an easy way to charge my p4 batteries if im out in the field with no outlets.
2018-1-4
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If you have a power source such as LiPo's ...

First make sure that your system will not deliver greater voltage to the battery to be charged than its designed max charge voltage as per charger. Therefore best way is to power via Car cigarette socket powered charger...

Second it must have more than sufficient mAh capacity in total to charge the battery given that approx 30% of the LiPo should remain and not be used. This of course further depletes voltage available.

The best way is to hook up 3S LiPo's in parallel to provide max capacity but still at 3S voltage (12.6V full) ... and power a car plug based charger for your batterys.  If the Car based charger can take 4S ... that's better as the P4 battery is 15.2 nominal .. 17.4V full ....

With a P4 battery of about 5300mAh ... and needing charge ... probably about 3000 - 4000mAh required ... that's a lot of energy from 3S or 4S packs ..... and to maintain charge rate to fully charge those P4's - you are looking at big packs ! or a number all paralleled .. because don't forget the LiPo's need to have charge left in them for storage !

My honest opinion ..... better to use a Car Charger in the car ... save the LiPo's for 'proper models' !!

Nigel
2018-1-4
Use props
iFoxRomeo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1094856 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No, don´t do that. Bad idea.

Fox
2018-1-4
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Go get a car charger.  
2018-1-4
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Or use a solar panel   lol
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Mr Pina, I do not think it is a good idea as the overcurrent may damage the battery. It is recommended to use the original battery charger for the safety.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules