1362 12 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to purchase a separate Phantom Pro Controller to use with a Phantom Pro+ quad, so you can choose to use the Pro+ controller or switch to the controller that allows you to use your own iOS device? I’ve searched, and I only found one statement that indicates the only difference between the two is the controller itself. This would lead me to believe I can synch either type to the aircraft, but I want to be sure before I drop $320 on it.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff
2018-1-4
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you can use the P4P remote controller with the P4P+. Each time you switch the remote controllers, you'll need to relink the remote controller in DJI GO like this:

2018-1-4
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply. I was hoping that was the case!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jeff, confirm that the main difference between P4P+ and Standard P4P is the built-in screen. As 2# mentioned, you need to link RC if changed to another RC.
2018-1-4
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Another question, if I have these two controllers will they also connect as master and slave?
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-5 04:24
Thank you. Another question, if I have these two controllers will they also connect as master and slave?

No not on the Phantoms

[Irony]
How can you even think that a product called Pro or even Pro+ would support master/slave mode, as a pro you have all in control and can of course concentrate of both do the flying and control the camera in all situations. If not, a Pro might be more than you can handle and should be looking of some cheaper equipment for the work!
[/Irony]

Sorry couldn't resist, not trying to talk down Mavic users.
2018-1-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You seem nice.
2018-1-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, it’s on order. Looking forward to using an iPad Air screen with these ancient eyes of mine. Thank you for the help everyone. It’s nice to get answers quickly, and when you need them.

Jeff
2018-1-6
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-6 15:19
OK, it’s on order. Looking forward to using an iPad Air screen with these ancient eyes of mine. Thank you for the help everyone. It’s nice to get answers quickly, and when you need them.

Jeff

It arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to trying out GS Pro too.
2018-1-10
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, it arrived. iPad Air WiFi OK. iPhone 8+ OK. Outside to fly, and up pops a screen with a test asking my knowledge of FAA safety rules. Answer 10 questions, pass and move on. So, what would happen if I hadn’t done my homework?

By the way, thank you DJI. Your attention to safety is much appreciated.

Jeff
2018-1-11
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

The Plus controller is ok for playing around but if you are trying to do serious work then its not able to run the required apps.
2018-1-11
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dorbot Posted at 2018-1-11 17:27
The Plus controller is ok for playing around but if you are trying to do serious work then its not able to run the required apps.

Yep. I didn’t read the faq before I ordered it. So, now I have a spare. I’m taking it with me every time I go out, in case I run the battery down on the other. I can see a need for both so I don’t feel like it was a waste. It will postpone a Mavic purchase by a few months though. Hey, live and learn.
I do wish I could use one as a slave though. Not feeling the thought of handing full control of it over anyone without being able to immediately take over.

Jeff
2018-1-13
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Yeah its good to have both depending on what you are doing. Sometimes its nice to go out and play on a sunny day without a sun hood and tablets and wires.
Its better for newbies aswell and like you say nice to have the option.
I think you need an inspire if you want to do dual pilot operations.
I suppose all the controllers work with that as a camera operator, not sure.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules