Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse X7 Lens attaching to gimbal not smooth at all. Normal?
1543 8 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rvillalona
lvl.1
Flight distance : 816647 ft
United States

Hello,

I just purchased the Zenmuse X7 and the Lens Set. Upon following all of the instructions in the manual I attempt to attach any Lens to the gimbal and it does not connect smoothly when I turn it clockwise after aligning the red indicators. The Lens requires a bit of force to turn until it locks on to the Gimbal. As you turn any Lens you attach there is a rough clicking sound, as the Lens contacts pass each other. Is this normal? If so why isn’t this stated as a warning or a heads up. I have been attaching lenses to mounts and I have never experienced this lack of smoothness in mounting a Lens.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, rvillalona, we apologize for the trouble caused, please refer to the following tips to mount the lens properly.
1. Do not touch the Lens Release Button when you attach the lens.
2. Mount the lens in place and rotates the lens several times. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly.
3. Please note that the lens does not support hot swapping. Try to reinstall the lens and reboot the aircraft.
If there is still rough sound, a short video would be appreciated.
2018-1-5
Use props
NY-UAV
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I did, but it is still producing unpleasant noise.

Please see youtube video

Thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, but totally normal. I'm really curious how long these contacts are going to last.
2018-1-5
Use props
NY-UAV
lvl.1
United States

I’m curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this.
2018-1-5
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If you are not happy with the fit, you may be able to swap for one that fits better. DJI 's quality control is really not up to that high level.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NY-UAV Posted at 2018-1-5 10:19
Hello,

I did, but it is still producing unpleasant noise.

NY, thank you for the video, the video will be forwarded to our engineers to verify, since it is weekend now, the reply may get delayed, I will keep you updated on Monday, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

i guess the issue is that customers don't have the control on receiving a satisfactory product when doing online purchase. What is given to you is really you have. Customers cannot test the product out and inspect the product before committing to purchase it. Online business has now larger reduce consumers' rights before money is changing hands. Call me old hands, I still love to buy things inside a brick and mortar store, I may pay a bit more but the salesman is doing everything to get my business. And only do business with reputable business which go out of their way to help you. Apple products are expensive but they give you help when you needed it most.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi NY, thanks for your patience, I have confirmed with our engineers, this sound is totally normal.
X7 adopts the newest ball-type contact instead of the traditional striker contact, the contact will generate this sound when the contact passes each other, which makes the lens more durable and reliable.
No worries, thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules