Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which DJI drones are waterproof?
594961 594961 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImaneFadir
lvl.4

Morocco

Hi,

Which DJI drones are waterproof?

As i know is just: AGRAS MG-1.

That's it?
2018-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

None are. It’s not recommended to fly in rain. Mavic tolerates rain better because it doesn’t have the air vents the phantom series does. But again not water proof and not recommended to fly in rain or snow.
2018-1-4
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I think the Matrice 200 drones are waterproof too
2018-1-4
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-4 16:21
I think the Matrice 200 drones are waterproof too

That is correct.
Matrice 200 and Agras 1 / 1S are both waterproof.
2018-1-4
Use props
AEM74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

The Matrice 200 isn't waterproof, it's water resistant. Two different meanings. Water resistant means it can survive light raining and such but it's not waterproof in the sense that it will survive a landing in a lake.
2018-1-4
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

this is water proof, use your drone as a submarine see 1 min 23 sec
2018-1-5
Use props
AJAX1413
lvl.1
United States

Mavic is definitely not waterproof.... those brushless motors would probably short out once wet.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Matrice 200 series and Agras are designed to be water resistant - meaning it's effectively splash proof so good to brush of landing it quickly in the middle of an unexpected rain shower without any concerns. If it were waterproof you could land it in the sea, which you can't of course. If you're Mavic is caught in a rain storm you will probably lose it! If that happens its best to fly back as fast as possible to your position, land it immediately and head home then leave it over night to dry out at room temperature on a table. If you land it in the sea and manage to retrieve it you need to send it back to DJI as salt water will corrode the drone over time, even if it appears fixed once dried out.
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 07:55
The Matrice 200 series and Agras are designed to be water resistant - meaning it's effectively splash proof so good to brush of landing it quickly in the middle of an unexpected rain shower without any concerns. If it were waterproof you could land it in the sea, which you can't of course. If you're Mavic is caught in a rain storm you will probably lose it! If that happens its best to fly back as fast as possible to your position, land it immediately and head home then leave it over night to dry out at room temperature on a table. If you land it in the sea and manage to retrieve it you need to send it back to DJI as salt water will corrode the drone over time, even if it appears fixed once dried out.

I remember seeing a YouTube a while ago where some guy landed his Mavic in the ocean, dried it out good, took it apart and cleaned it with an electronics solvent. Not recommended unless you're experience in such things.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-5 10:09
I remember seeing a YouTube a while ago where some guy landed his Mavic in the ocean, dried it out good, took it apart and cleaned it with an electronics solvent. Not recommended unless you're experience in such things.

There are exceptions LOL but for the average user I wouldn't recommend taking the drone apart unless you know exactly what you're doing as tampering with it will void the warranty.
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 10:11
There are exceptions LOL but for the average user I wouldn't recommend taking the drone apart unless you know exactly what you're doing as tampering with it will void the warranty.

100% correct! I would imaging dunking it in the water would void the warranty too.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-5 11:17
100% correct! I would imaging dunking it in the water would void the warranty too.

Not sure on that as water damage is covered by care refresh but for the standard warranty the diagnostics would have to clearly show that the drone went into the drink due entirely to a manufacturer defect which is subjective when flying over water. In either case you must physically return the drone so if lost in the water then game over unless you buy another one.
2018-1-5
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Then there is (was) the .
2018-1-5
Use props
Wind Junkie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-4 15:52
None are. It’s not recommended to fly in rain. Mavic tolerates rain better because it doesn’t have the air vents the phantom series does. But again not water proof and not recommended to fly in rain or snow.

Mavic has air vents and an internal fan for cooling the electronics inside the main frame. The vents are behind the gimbal
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wind Junkie Posted at 2018-1-5 12:01
Mavic has air vents and an internal fan for cooling the electronics inside the main frame. The vents are behind the gimbal

I believe Woe was comparing the vents to the Phantom 3 series - which have about 100 vent holes all over the chassis. The Mavic is practically sealed by comparison.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Is there anything I can help you with? Most of our drones are not waterproof. As far as I know, M210 has an IP43 rating.
2018-1-6
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

AJAX1413 Posted at 2018-1-5 05:53
Mavic is definitely not waterproof.... those brushless motors would probably short out once wet.

Brushless motors are waterproof. I used to rinse mine off in the sink on my racing drones after a day of dirt crashes. The wiring is coated and sealed. You can run them under water if you wanted to. See the video above.
2018-1-7
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 10:11

Oh geeze.....
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And what exactly is that suppose to mean pal?
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-7 00:56
Brushless motors are waterproof. I used to rinse mine off in the sink on my racing drones after a day of dirt crashes. The wiring is coated and sealed. You can run them under water if you wanted to. See the video above.

The Mavic is NOT waterproof.
2018-1-7
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 01:09

I never said they were...pal.
2018-1-11
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 01:09

The motors 100% are waterproof.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-11 01:31
I never said they were...pal.

Jeez
2018-1-11
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 01:06
And what exactly is that suppose to mean pal?

Another DJI expert.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-11 01:33
The motors 100% are waterproof.

Well, I won't be "washing them under a tap" LOL - put it that way!
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-11 01:33
Another DJI expert.

Are you? Doesn't come across that way!
2018-1-11
Use props
Beeworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

Anyone had any first hand experience with moisture from clouds?
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beeworld Posted at 2018-1-11 02:03
Anyone had any first hand experience with moisture from clouds?

Yeah - just leave the drone to dry naturally at room temperature upon your return and try to avoid clouds where you can. It's sea water that mainly kills drones.
2018-1-11
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 01:34
Well, I won't be "washing them under a tap" LOL - put it that way!

Okay. Why would you?
2018-1-13
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 01:35
Are you? Doesn't come across that way!

Yes, yes I am.
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-13 00:42
Okay. Why would you?

"Brushless motors are waterproof. I used to rinse mine off in the sink"

I wouldn't, perhaps you can explain why anyone should given your information in post number 17.
2018-1-13
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-13 01:08
"Brushless motors are waterproof. I used to rinse mine off in the sink"

I wouldn't, perhaps you can explain why anyone should given your information in post number 17.

I give up with you. I just can't....
Do a little research on brushless motors.
2018-1-17
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-17 21:42
Do a little research on brushless motors.

The brushless motors on the mavic would not be. I think is what you mean ;-)
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, read over the previous posts - he clearly states that it is perfectly acceptable to rinse your brushless motors on your Mavic under a tap to clean them. He’s entertaining, if nothing else!
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-17 21:42
Do a little research on brushless motors.

Lets be crystal clear - this is not a generic forum for DIY model aircraft - it's for DJI drones and specifically this section is for the Mavic Pro. Now, the drone is NOT waterproof in direct answer to the OP and must never be exposed to moisture or submerged in water - that is an absolute fact and written in every DJI manual - even DJI Thor has stated that on this thread.
Whilst individual components may be removed from the drone (which will void the warranty) and are resistant to water that is clearly not the point. With the motors attached to the drone exposing them to water will cause severe damage to the electronic speed controllers and even cause the bearings in the motors to rust.
When you state "I use to rinse mine under a tap" it implies that this is acceptable with the Mavic motors when it is clearly not. If people on here believed you and started cleaning their drones under a running tap they will be very disappointed with the result - so yes, it is best that you give up and stop your weekly replies which add more harm than value to the thread.
2018-1-17
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-17 23:29
Lets be crystal clear - this is not a generic forum for DIY model aircraft - it's for DJI drones and specifically this section is for the Mavic Pro. Now, the drone is NOT waterproof in direct answer to the OP and must never be exposed to moisture or submerged in water - that is an absolute fact and written in every DJI manual - even DJI Thor has stated that on this thread.
Whilst individual components may be removed from the drone (which will void the warranty) and are resistant to water that is clearly not the point. With the motors attached to the drone exposing them to water will cause severe damage to the electronic speed controllers and even cause the bearings in the motors to rust.
When you state "I use to rinse mine under a tap" it implies that this is acceptable with the Mavic motors when it is clearly not. If people on here believed you and started cleaning their drones under a running tap they will be very disappointed with the result - so yes, it is best that you give up and stop your weekly replies which add more harm than value to the thread.

There are several people who have had the mavic go into the water and come out working. So it is somewhat waterproof. The motors are 100% waterproof. Please educate yourself
Side note, Do not tell me when and where I can post.
Have fun flying.
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HWCM Posted at 2018-1-22 01:27
There are several people who have had the mavic go into the water and come out working. So it is somewhat waterproof. The motors are 100% waterproof. Please educate yourself
Side note, Do not tell me when and where I can post.
Have fun flying.

No such thing as 'somewhat waterproof' - you have waterproof or water resistant. The Mavic is slightly resistant to water - that is NOT waterproof.
Side note - I really do not care what or where you write as long as it is correct and does not mislead others into potentially destroying their property...  
2018-1-22
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-22 02:31
No such thing as 'somewhat waterproof' - you have waterproof or water resistant. The Mavic is slightly resistant to water - that is NOT waterproof.
Side note - I really do not care what or where you write as long as it is correct and does not mislead others into potentially destroying their property...

LOL, you were fun.
2018-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Happy swimming with your drone - take care! hahaha
2018-1-24
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-24 01:37
Happy swimming with your drone - take care! hahaha

Grow up. No one said anything about swimming.
Moron
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules