Follow Me
643 6 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guy driver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495030 ft
United States

Tried that yesterday and while running (I'm 78) was able to stall the drone when I turned quickly.  Usuall??

2018-1-4
Use props
JBourne210
New
United States

I don't know if it's usual or not.  I just came to say to stay strong, and keep running!!  Well done good sir, well done!
2018-1-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you talking about Follow Me or Active Track? The latter, being a visual-recognition system can be confused and "outrunned" while the former, relying on GPS tracking shouldn't be as easily fooled, but in practice, doesn't work as well for me as Active Track.
2018-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow me also doesn’t focus the camera on you. Active track works well for me to.
2018-1-4
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Also: It's only a little bitty machine...
2018-1-4
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Regardless of which method you were using (as mentioned above), do realize that the Mavic doesn't follow you in your exact footsteps.  If you make a turn, the Mavic will cut in your direction as it senses it.  I saw a video of a Mavic following a boat.  The boat rounded a turn in the river, and the Mavic cut towards the boat and hit a tree on the shore.
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-4 16:51
Are you talking about Follow Me or Active Track? The latter, being a visual-recognition system can be confused and "outrunned" while the former, relying on GPS tracking shouldn't be as easily fooled, but in practice, doesn't work as well for me as Active Track.

Big difference between the two modes. Nothing more amusing than watching a YT vid of someone selecting Follow me then putting their RC on the ground and running across the field, looking around and the drone hasn't moved - the drone follows the GPS module built into the cellular device. It should be called 'follow mobile'.
Active track was introduced with the P4 and uses the main camera sensor to track and follow subjects either through trace, circle or spot light and relies on 'visibility' rather than tethering. That is why follow me will not work with a WiFi only device and active track doesnt work effectively in low light or if the subject being tracked is not easily distinguishable from the enviornment e.g. wearing a green T-shirt in a field is a bad idea. Familiarise yourself with OA settings and how it works before using active track. Spot light is one of my favorite modes.  
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules