Debating on what to do, Found a broken arm on my spark.
2130 14 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scrucee
New
United States

Hello fellow DJI users!

I'm fairly new to the whole DJI thing, and unfourtunatly, I've already made a mistake. While testing out my spark indoors, I noticed a broken arm on my spark, and I was shocked. I submitted an online request to get it repaired, although I'm hestitant to mail in my spark, as I've read stories of 100$ to 500$ bills for simple repairs. I didn't get the DJI care thing, although I'm sure to try and get it (If its even possible now).

So, if anyone has had experience with this, what should I do? I've filled out all the paperwork, and I'm able to ship it. If I should just try to glue it back together, how would I cancel the request? And if going through DJI is the right choice, what should I send to them? Just the spark? The spark in the box? The remote as well? (The instructions weren't too clear >.<)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've included pictures of the damage. There are no other defects in the machine, this is the only thing there is.

From the Front

From the Front

From the Top

From the Top
2018-1-4
Use props
Scrucee
New
United States

And to add to this, I got the fly more Combo, which came with the elastic blade holders. They seem to be making the bend worse / might be the cause of the damage in the first place. Although I'm unsure.
2018-1-4
Use props
Dunes09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41736 ft
United States

Was it in a crash at all? As far as the refresh, I think you have 48 hours after activation to purchase it, after which you need to send pictures of an undamaged AC for them to allow you to purchase it.

I saw a link floating around somewhere that had a list of repair part costs per DJI. Most likely you will probably have to pay for it if your AC was in a crash.
2018-1-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scrucee Posted at 2018-1-4 18:41
And to add to this, I got the fly more Combo, which came with the elastic blade holders. They seem to be making the bend worse / might be the cause of the damage in the first place. Although I'm unsure.

If you're pretty handy with DYI stuff, the body is $32.33 with free shipping on eBay.
2018-1-4
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

As for canceling the repair request with DJI, PM one of the admins on this forum with the case number.  They're pretty good about helping forum members out with stuff.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Scrucee, sorry for the unexpected accident. Please contact our support and start a case to send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. You can check the price of the accessory of spark in the following link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it back!
2018-1-5
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If it isn't factured all the way around then just a bit of epoxy and push it back together, this is the fastest option
2018-1-5
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In the US it will cost you 120-150 US$, if I remember that right.
Labour is high prize! Everything needs to be changed from one "middle frame" to the other!
In other parts of the world, it would cost just about 50 US$.
2018-1-5
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

$32.33 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Origina ... :g:810AAOSwbtNaBuTZ
zps7f.jpg
2018-1-5
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

They also sell the body frame on Amazon for $30ish.  I could change the frame over but I can see where others would not be confident enough to do it.  They should send it in and enjoy their afternoon doing something more pleasant than fighting little parts.
2018-1-5
Use props
Scrucee
New
United States

Thanks to all who inputted on this thread, I really appreciate the help. I decided to risk it and send it back to DJI, hopefully I won't get stuck with a 200$ bill.

Fingers Crossed...
2018-1-5
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-5 03:29
If it isn't factured all the way around then just a bit of epoxy and push it back together, this is the fastest option

Second this, sounds like this is the way to go epoxy is stronger than the original plastic
2018-1-5
Use props
sgt2231
lvl.1
United States

Scrucee Posted at 2018-1-5 17:23
Thanks to all who inputted on this thread, I really appreciate the help. I decided to risk it and send it back to DJI, hopefully I won't get stuck with a 200$ bill.

Fingers Crossed...

How did you make out with this repair?
2019-6-12
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-4 19:20
If you're pretty handy with DYI stuff, the body is $32.33 with free shipping on eBay.

I've tried fixing it but it was too hard.
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules