Please add option to gimbal settings to adjust center point horiz...
1291 11 2018-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi DJI Forum staff and members!

I just got my DJI Phantom 4 Pro, and as others I too have the issue the Gimbal is slightly off centered.

I have followed the DJI instructions to correct it, but it will return to the off center after a while.

So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

ADD to the DJI GO 4 app the ability to also adjust the CENTER POINT horizontally of the gimbal.
It would make it real easy for A LOT of owners, Me included!

Looking forward to an answer regarding this issue.

Thanks
an othervise happy Phantom 4 Pro owner!
2018-1-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mikey,

Are you writing about a tilted horizon?  If so, go into the manual adjustment for the level horizon.  Set the manual adjustment to zero, as in no correction to the tilt of the horizon.  Then calibrate the gimbal.  The tilt should go away and the horizon will be level.

We just solved this problem the other day with my friend's Obsidian.  We could not level the horizon until we zeroed the manual adjustment.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-4
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Cetacean Posted at 2018-1-4 21:09
Aloha Mikey,

Are you writing about a tilted horizon?  If so, go into the manual adjustment for the level horizon.  Set the manual adjustment to zero, as in no correction to the tilt of the horizon.  Then calibrate the gimbal.  The tilt should go away and the horizon will be level.

Hi there, and thanks for the answer.

No, it is not that adjustment, it is the rotating (seen from above the drone) axis (the Z-axis) of the gimbal.

The gimbal camera lens is not centered between the left and right side (along the horizon if you know what I mean). The camera lens center is pointed a bit to the right of the drone, even after calibrations etc.

Here's a raw illustration:

(R  C  L)      R = Right drone side, L = Left drone side, C = Center of the drone
        o         o = front of lens of camera (to the right of the center)

It should be:
(R  C  L)      R = Right drone side, L = Left drone side, C = Center of the drone
      o       <<<<<< o = correctly centered camera

See the placement of the "o" (camera lens) above!

I've seen others with this problem after doing everything you guys explained, but still the camera is off center, or it fixes it but it will return to off center sooner or later.

This is why I would like to see a gimbal CENTER adjustment (gimbal rotation horizontally - Z-axis)  to be able to adjust the gimbal (camera lens) to the left and right (rotate if seen from above the drone - Z-axis)  in small movements, just like the adjustment for the horizon tilt adjustment you wrote about.

Thank you!

I hope you understand what I mean and are looking for
2018-1-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MikeyDrone Posted at 2018-1-4 23:25
Hi there, and thanks for the answer.

No, it is not that adjustment, it is the rotating (seen from above the drone) axis (the Z-axis) of the gimbal.

Aloha Mikey,

Sorry, this is a new one.  Have you disabled or returned to default all the YAW affecting adjustments and settings?  Might be worth a try before an IMU and gimbal calibration.  That is where I would start.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They have been working on a 'yaw' (left/right) adjustment of the gimbal. I have it functioning on my P4 'Standard' with all latest builds and iOS version of DJI Go 4, it also appears on my Android Nexus 7 (MkII) using Android DJI Go 4 V4.1.22.
Although I have not had to use the yaw adjustment, so not sure if it now works correctly or not.

I see both Roll (horizon tilt) and yaw (left/right) adjustments.

An earlier attempt a few months back did not work correctly.
2018-1-5
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-5 02:36
They have been working on a 'yaw' (left/right) adjustment of the gimbal. I have it functioning on my P4 'Standard' with all latest builds and iOS version of DJI Go 4, it also appears on my Android Nexus 7 (MkII) using Android DJI Go 4 V4.1.22.
Although I have not had to use the yaw adjustment, so not sure if it now works correctly or not.

Hi, and thanks for answering.

I have gone through pretty much all steps, twice, but camera is still pointing a bit to the right (drones left).

I have the new firmwares, calibrations, installations and of course version 4.1.22 DJI Go 4.

I found others that had or have the same issue, and instructions from DJI was to turn off the air craft and basically force the gimbal to the opposite side a bit further from the stop point. This helps for a while, but then the gimbal/camera again finds that off center spot, grrrr..... measured from the lens, it is off maybe by a few millimeters.... Annoying as hell.....

BUT... Are you saying you have the Z-axis (left and right) fine adjustment in the Go 4 app???

Thanks
Mike

2018-1-5
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Cetacean Posted at 2018-1-5 01:31
Aloha Mikey,

Sorry, this is a new one.  Have you disabled or returned to default all the YAW affecting adjustments and settings?  Might be worth a try before an IMU and gimbal calibration.  That is where I would start.

Hi again!

Yes, of course, I can try that, but I've already done this twice, so... well, I will try it one more time

Is there a function to adjust the yaw (left/right) center point in the go 4 version 4.1.22 ?

If there is not, please add that fine adjustment to the DJI GO 4 app, please!

Thanks
Mike
2018-1-5
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-5 02:36
They have been working on a 'yaw' (left/right) adjustment of the gimbal. I have it functioning on my P4 'Standard' with all latest builds and iOS version of DJI Go 4, it also appears on my Android Nexus 7 (MkII) using Android DJI Go 4 V4.1.22.

YES YES YES!!!!

WHO HOOOOO!!!!!

I found the YAW!!!!!

I had no idea I could press that small, grey text and turn it to blue..... WOW!!!

Fixed the problem right away!!! YEEEEEYYYY-HA!!!!! haha.... happy!!

Thanks, you made me look a bit closer on the roll function! THANKS!!!!

Mike
2018-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-1-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mikey,

Good to hear!  Congratulations!  Looking forward to some nice shots from you!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-5
Use props
MikeyDrone
lvl.1

Sweden

Cetacean Posted at 2018-1-5 11:15
Aloha Mikey,

Good to hear!  Congratulations!  Looking forward to some nice shots from you!

Thank you!

It is too cold and snowy/wet weather right now. I'm in Sweden, so I have to wait for some dry weather.

I don't want to hurt my new P4P drone in any way...

;)
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That's good to hear the thing had worked out.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules