Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What was your best work of 2017?
15848 329 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

On a warm June morning the P4 "Night Fury" follows P4P "SkyFall" across the Patapsco River on a 10.5 mile mission from Fort Armistead to Fort Howard.  Alas DJI's "new & improved" Go app omitted the Smart-RTH toggle from the P4P's settings & she aborted about half a mile short of the turnaround point.  At 5:12 the Pro's status lights beging flashing rapid red & a few seconds later she pulls up & heads for home.  Unfortunately this happened at the exact moment that the video begins a new file.  

2018-1-5
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Baltimore Maryland, harbor from fells point. Sunrise between 8-9am. 19 Deg F.
2018-1-5
Use props
warubikku
Captain
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Baltimore Maryland, from canton-boston st. Daybreak 7am. 13 Deg F.
2018-1-5
Use props
jimm00re
First Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

This was the shot along Pacific Coast Highway that through the years I'd drive by and want to take, but to get it right, it requires a drone. This was one of the main reasons I purchaed my Spark.  Estero Bluffs California State Park.
2018-1-5
Use props
Raincast
Captain
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks to DJI and DJI Grace (and all the mods), I've had 3 videos featured on this forum plus 1 on digest content. However, the most satisfying one for me is my Tutorial Video for Basic Cinematic Drone Moves. Split into two parts, it's got 71 moves with samples, controls used and a tip or two on each one. This was a TON of work, from planning to editing. I'm not too happy with my coloring since this was my second try with Premiere Pro, but I'm VERY GLAD that people find the content useful! When I started flying my first drone late March, I was surprised that famous Youtubers only  put 5 or 8 moves on their tutorial videos. This encouraged me to make one myself that would be comprehensive enough for beginner flyers, especially since DJI launched 6 drones in 7 months that time and a lot of people have opened their eyes to drones.
2018-1-5
Use props
Firehawk989
First Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I only really have one "work" from 2017, and it was my first drone edit, but I'm pretty happy with it! Attached my favorite photo too.

Wishing everyone here on the forum and at DJI a Happy New Year! Thanks for making such cool products!
2018-1-5
Use props
QiiFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is my entry for my best work in 2017.

2018-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Well Happy New Year!!

I can't say this compares at all to some of the videos that have already been posted, but in the short time I've had the Mavic, it's probably the best video I have in terms of learning the capabilibities of the Mavic. I'm sure I'll have much better, more scenic videos this year!

Enjoy and maybe I'll get an upvote or two. Or not...

2018-1-5
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Captain
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

New Years Wish: More awesome Drones!
2018-1-5
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

Probably the best trip for me in 2017: Lofoten islands -Norway

Lofoten is known for excellent fishing, spectacular nature attractions such as the northern lights and the midnight sun, and small villages off the beaten track.

Had the chance to see the Northern Lights, but not able to filmed them.....need to go back!!

Happy new year to all!!!
2018-1-5
Use props
ullek
First Officer
Flight distance : 320659 ft
Germany

Happy new year to everyone!

This video was shot with my Spark in Indonesia. Most footage is from Raja Ampat, but also Sumbawa and Padar. Good luck to everyone participating in this contest.

2018-1-5
Use props
Raincast
Captain
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-5 10:26
New Years Wish: More awesome Drones!

And a new Osmo please!
2018-1-5
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

EMcKayZA Posted at 2018-1-5 03:46
Wow. Cutting a bit too close.. well done on those amazing shots.

Lots of great images and footage on this thread. There is a talented bunch of people on this forum.

Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy!
2018-1-5
Use props
fans6197024f
Second Officer
Poland

60 fps, best golf course in Poland

2018-1-5
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

2018-1-5
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
France

Вітаю із Новим Роком та Різдвом! Бажаю всього найкращого! Вважаю за найкращу роботу в 2017 теплохід "Принцеса Дніпра" що попався мені в кадр випадково, бо він прийшов до нас у місто один раз на п'ять років!
https://youtu.be/10G9KdBfoJs

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-1-5
Use props
web_parrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Documenting my grandson's first bike ride.
2018-1-5
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I am laughing that the contest is to submit one (1) but some folks submitted 7....

Sidd
2018-1-5
Use props
Rigger73
First Officer
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

A screenshot taken from my Connemara film just back in November.
The 12 Pines Islet on Derryclare Lough.  Part of Connemara National Park, County Galway, Rep of Ireland.

Got to say, I dabble in Landscape photography when I can, but Post#14; M.Tashev's mountainous sunrise photo, it just blows me away.

One of the best shots I've seen in the last year.

2018-1-5
Use props
Jaanus
lvl.4

Estonia

Happy new Year to all
2018-1-5
Use props
Jaanus
lvl.4

Estonia

Happy new Year to all. Saareke Norras.jpg
2018-1-5
Use props
Jaanus
lvl.4

Estonia

Happy New Year to all
2018-1-5
Use props
marikello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

makatanav Posted at 2018-1-5 01:54
based of in100gr likes - this was the most liked one of 2017

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4485/37424796126_fb73a7030b_h.jpg[/img]

Labs
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Happy new year and always happy landings to you all!
I am really impressed by the fantastic entries posted so far and here comes my contribution. It is actually my very first video production made with Spark in August 2017 about one week after I had got it and with just one hour flight training. And Spark is my first real drone. Before I only had a tiny toy thing for indoor flying that got quickly boring to fly with. Piloting had been a dream of mine since my childhood and then it eventually became true. At the same time a (at least from my beginners perspective) spectacular filming opportunity emerged just nearby my workplace. Location is beside the river Rhine in Bonn, Germany, where on the rooftop of the office building a huge cooling machine of the air condition will have to be replaced very soon. This video covers just preparatory work that had to be undertaken by lifting up a lot of material and equipment. I found the teamwork of the workers crew most professional and admirable, this is what I tried to capture in the video underlining it with the music chosen. Here we go:

Please bear with me that it was my very first flight video produced and thus naturally with some typical beginners mistakes (e.g. too long and a few more things). But I am still amazed that thanks to Spark I have been able to produce it the way it is after so little preparation time.
2018-1-5
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

That t-shirt looks awesomeeee!!

This is definitely my best work for 2017. I've shot a lot of commercial stuff with the mavic that I'm yet to compile together but that is one of the projects I've got for 2018. Big things are coming this year now that I'm working fulltime for my own.

2018-1-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Japanese Gardens in Cowra, Australia. Nearby is the site of an old WWII prisoner of war camp which held many captured Japanese soldiers. Sadly, near the end of the war there was a mass break-out with many soldiers killed in the attempt. The Garden was later developed by the local community, with sponsorship by the Japanese government, as a symbol of peace.

The videos were taken with a Phantom 4 and a Phantom 4 Pro. You'll see one come into shot at least twice, and I left those shots deliberately in - perhaps only because I could. What makes this place all the more amazing is the harshness of the country location - the end-title segment is intended to impress that.

I try to keep my videos to a target of 2 minutes, which often isn't easy with well over an hour of video captured. So, the video segments were cut to achieve that.

2018-1-5
Use props
H.I.S. Films
lvl.4
United States

Here is my best Drone work of 2017!!!

2018-1-5
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspire 2 with X4s and operator, May 2017, Eastern Mono County, California.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans1d32ee06
New
Flight distance : 105459 ft
Singapore

Hello all. Happy new year! This was short video was taken in Iceland
2018-1-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is ridiculously hard Grace. As much as I fell in love with Tiny Planets this year I think I have to pick my Door Country Wisconsin video. I'm really happy with how the second cut turned out after many DJI Forum users gave me valuable feedback to make my editing better.  
2018-1-5
Use props
fans1d32ee06
New
Singapore

Hello! Happy new year. This video was taken on a recent trip to Iceland with my mavic pro.

https://youtu.be/7CRehADr3bc
2018-1-5
Use props
fans1d32ee06
New
Singapore

Iceland trip in 2017. Happy new year everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CRehADr3bc&feature=share
2018-1-5
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

Happy New Year to all talented and awesome drone pilots! Wishing you more stunning aerial footage to capture this 2018!
2018-1-5
Use props
Jwaitkus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24019 ft
United States

2018-1-5
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Captain
United States

I always have a hard time deciding which of my creative works is better than the others. But of all the videos I've shot with the Mavic in 2017, I think this one is probably the best:

2018-1-5
Use props
Amazonkme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 330161 ft
Romania

For me it was this one. The editing is not perfect but its my favorite because i think i really captured the vibe of this little town inBrittany famous for its oysters, and i took the time to plan out the shoot, getting up to catch the sunrise, going back in the afternoon to capture people activity etc...hope you like it.

2018-1-5
Use props
Rigger73
First Officer
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

RE: What was your best work of 2017?

Is that Cromer?  If so, I've not been there in 20 years.  Anymore of the land at Mundesley still falling into the sea through erosion?
2018-1-6
Use props
aboudou
Captain
Flight distance : 687530 ft
France

My best work of 2017 ? This one

2018-1-6
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some insanely beautiful pictures and videos posted here.  We are so lucky to have this perspective on the World.
In August, I watched the shadow of a full solar eclipse race across the plains of Wyoming and captured it on video from my Mavic up high:

Cheers,
Ian

http://www.youtube.com/ianinlondon

2018-1-6
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

Neilmacc Posted at 2018-1-5 01:02
i guess i can enter our 2017 show reel - shots from switzerland, france, indonesia, iceland.
Dont forget to switch to the 4k settings.

Amazing shots, I like it alot. Please let me know where this beautiful waterfall is that is coming out of the rock ?? I am going to zermatt in august with my spark, can you give me a tip to get good shot there ...especially nice waterfalls?? Thanks.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules