Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CS Ultra - Too Hot Warning
4407 19 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113701 ft
Australia

Just received my CS Ultra, activated it, updated it to the latest version, connected it to my I2 and within minutes it was reporting "CrystalSky is too hot. Cool down the monitor to prevent overheating." This was done inside an air conditioned home but the screen was set to maximum brightness. I think I could hear the fan on.

Too Hot Warning

Too Hot Warning

DJI Go 4 Version

DJI Go 4 Version

CrystalSky Verison

CrystalSky Verison
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dave, I'm so sorry to read on this, can you feel the display is too hot? Have your tried to reset CrystalSky to factory default?
2018-1-6
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 04:23
Dave, I'm so sorry to read on this, can you feel the display is too hot? Have your tried to reset CrystalSky to factory default?

It feels quite hot, but not to hot to touch or hold. The CS is brand new so was factory default when I started.
2018-1-6
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.2
Australia

I took it out flying today on a warm day and no sign of the error. Hopefully it was only a temporary issue.
2018-1-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It has something to do with DJI Go 4 version  4.1.18, this version is overloading the CS cpu for some reason.
DJI need to give us the upgrade to 4.1.22
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DaveAU Posted at 2018-1-7 02:41
I took it out flying today on a warm day and no sign of the error. Hopefully it was only a temporary issue.

Hi Dave, thanks for your update, please keep me posted if the error happens again.
I will also feedback this issue to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated if there is any different thought, thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
fansc6629519
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269636 ft
United States

I've actually had the exact same thing happen to me. I just got my CS 5.5. I opened the box, updated it, and then was going through settings in DJI Go 4 when I got the Overheat Warning. This was while going through settings while indoors. Any word on why this is happening?
2018-1-11
Use props
fans3471f02a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1317858 ft
Brazil

I recently purchased a CS of 7.85. And after the last update started to present the same symptoms. I did a factory reset to check if the problem would be for the installation of another application, but the heating and alert message continues.
2018-1-12
Use props
OVERWATCH 001
lvl.1
United States

fans3471f02a Posted at 2018-1-12 00:04
I recently purchased a CS of 7.85. And after the last update started to present the same symptoms. I did a factory reset to check if the problem would be for the installation of another application, but the heating and alert message continues.

Are there any DJI folks out there that can help? Please.
2018-1-12
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DaveAU,

I own a CS UB with latest firmware and with the latest DJI GO app and DJI GO 4 app software updates and I am not experiencing any overheating issues (so far) even after flying for 90 minutes.

This is just a WAG, but the next time you see the "Too Hot" warning message on your CrystalSky, check to see if you might have one or more background apps running, which might cause problems or, possibly, even multiple versions of the DJI GO 4 app running or, possibly, both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps running simultaneously.

To check for multiple apps running at any time on the Crystalsky, do the following:
1) Press the Menu button (middle button on right side of the CrystalSky) to bring up the CrystalSky menu.
2) Press the "running Apps display icon" on the bottom right of the menu screen (this icon resembles a stack of pages).
3) This will bring up a display of all apps currently running on the Crystalsky with each app in a separate reduced-size page.
4) Note if there are multiple versions of DJI GO app or any other unwanted background apps running.
5) To stop an app that is running, simply swipe its app window to the left (similar to swiping apps "up" on an iOS device to stop background apps from running). If you wish, you can also stop the current DJI GO 4 app and then restart it.

Ideally, when running DJI GO 4 (or DJI GO) on the Crystalsky, there should be no other apps running in the background.

For a YouTube video that demonstrates the above procedure, see this short YouTube video by Mad RC:

2018-1-12
Use props
OVERWATCH 001
lvl.1
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-1-12 12:03
DaveAU,

I own a CS UB with latest firmware and with the latest DJI GO app and DJI GO 4 app software updates and I am not experiencing any overheating issues (so far) even after flying for 90 minutes.

Hi. I'm experiencing the exact same overheat warnings. I have no other apps running. It is a brand new CS which I took out the box, activated, and updated before plugging into my controller. I clicked on just the DJI Go 4 app, went through settings screens, and then started to get the warnings while indoors at moderate temperature.  No other apps running. Not sure what's going on...
2018-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 00:56
Hi Dave, thanks for your update, please keep me posted if the error happens again?
I will also feedback this issue to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated if there is any different thought, thank you.

Mindy, this problem would be solved if DJI could update DJI Go 4 on the CS to the latest version, 4.1.22

Could we please have this soon, maybe the engineers can focus on the CS for once and get it updated to the same level as the other android platforms and IOS

Your promoting the CS as a flagship product, yet it's always the last piece of hardware to be updated, the only people you are alienating are the most loyal customers of DJI who have invested a lot of money with your company. It is the dedicated DJI supporters who are buying the CS's and you are turning them away by not supporting the CS properly

Can DJI focus on the CS for once ?
2018-1-12
Use props
OVERWATCH 001
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-12 13:26
Mindy, this problem would be solved if DJI could update DJI Go 4 on the CS to the latest version, 4.1.22

Could we please have this soon, maybe the engineers can focus on the CS for once and get it updated to the same level as the other android platforms and IOS

Hi lannes,

Since I'm new to owning a CS, I'm not familiar with the timeframe differences of updates being released. I was originally using iOS and heard that typically iOS firmware came out first. How long after iOS gets updated do they follow up with the CS update?
2018-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OVERWATCH 001 Posted at 2018-1-12 13:48
Hi lannes,

Since I'm new to owning a CS, I'm not familiar with the timeframe differences of updates being released. I was originally using iOS and heard that typically iOS firmware came out first. How long after iOS gets updated do they follow up with the CS update?

I think it's more than a month lag in the CS update
If you look at the release notes, the overheating issue was supposed to have been solved in the last firmware upgrade, but it has made it worse than before

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/C ... _Notes_EN_12.14.pdf
2018-1-12
Use props
fans543a7e21
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 04:23
Dave, I'm so sorry to read on this, can you feel the display is too hot? Have your tried to reset CrystalSky to factory default?

Hi mindy. I got my new  crystal sky 7.85 2 weeks ago. When I was setting up the monitor the WI FI ect and just having a look through the menu I had the warning pop up too after 15 mins or so but I could hear the fan working so I shut it down. Next day hooked it up to my inspire 2 ready for a test fly. Updates took place first followed by a restart. After the restart I was setting boundaries heights and compass calabrations ect over about 10 mins the hot warning popped up again. I did note that there was no fans running after the update. I haven’t flown with it yet as it comes on after 10 mins and no fans. All apps are closed and WI FI is turned off.
Any ideas at all I could try.
Cheers rod
2018-1-26
Use props
aerofart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

DJI please tell the CS team to GET TO WORK!
And fix your AVATARS system.  It is terrible!
2018-1-27
Use props
aerofart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427969 ft
United States

I'm on my 2nd 7.85" UltraBright CrystalSky unit, both purchased NEW.  The first one started overheating, out of the box.  After 20 minutes use a new, fully-charged battery was drained to 20%.  A minute or so later, the screen (backlight) went completely dark and never came back to normal.  I returned the unit and purchased a new one.

On first boot-up, the new unit prompted me to update the firmware/software - which had a fix for overheating - which seems to be working fine now.  However, the batteries do not last anywhere near 6 hours . .
2018-1-27
Use props
fanscc223942
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306716 ft
United States

fans543a7e21 Posted at 2018-1-26 01:23
Hi mindy. I got my new  crystal sky 7.85 2 weeks ago. When I was setting up the monitor the WI FI ect and just having a look through the menu I had the warning pop up too after 15 mins or so but I could hear the fan working so I shut it down. Next day hooked it up to my inspire 2 ready for a test fly. Updates took place first followed by a restart. After the restart I was setting boundaries heights and compass calabrations ect over about 10 mins the hot warning popped up again. I did note that there was no fans running after the update. I haven’t flown with it yet as it comes on after 10 mins and no fans. All apps are closed and WI FI is turned off.
Any ideas at all I could try.
Cheers rod

what did you end up doing?  i m getting similiar warnings
2018-5-8
Use props
Peter_Ferdy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
Thailand

I have a similar problem.  I am not getting a "too hot" warning or any other message on the screen of my CS-UB 7.95 inch monitor, but it quickly heats up to the point where I cannot touch it without a lot of discomfort.  While it does not literally burn my skin, it is too hot to hold.  I do not have the means to measure its temperature, but I would say that it is over 50 degrees Celsius.  I am using the equipment in bright sunlight, so the screen is probably running at full brightness.  The air temperatures are around 40 degrees at the moment.  I do not hear any fan running, nor do I get any warnings, but it does not seem right that the screen should run this hot.  

Is this normal?

What can I do to keep it cooler?
2019-4-26
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Peter_Ferdy Posted at 4-26 22:37
I have a similar problem.  I am not getting a "too hot" warning or any other message on the screen of my CS-UB 7.95 inch monitor, but it quickly heats up to the point where I cannot touch it without a lot of discomfort.  While it does not literally burn my skin, it is too hot to hold.  I do not have the means to measure its temperature, but I would say that it is over 50 degrees Celsius.  I am using the equipment in bright sunlight, so the screen is probably running at full brightness.  The air temperatures are around 40 degrees at the moment.  I do not hear any fan running, nor do I get any warnings, but it does not seem right that the screen should run this hot.  

Is this normal?

I've fried 3 Crystalskys's. The last time they repaired my CS and all has been working well for over a year.
So, Peter, they used to get very hot and the fan did not come on at times.
They have done a few firmware updates and they fan now comes on early and they get warm but not hot.
Have you done all the firmware updates?

If not, I suggest you do.

Cheers

Marty

2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules