Mavic Pro £643
2459 39 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm new here, just bought a new Mavic Pro from Gearbest for £643, now holding my breath to see if I get hit with import tax or not, it's worth a punt at that price, no? Anyone else bought their Mavic Pro from Gearbest, if so, what was your experience?

Discount code I used was HKMONLY

Cheers,

M.

2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very good price! I only hope it is not ‘too good’! Let us know how you get on.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just saw the £... budget for import taxes on that into the UK
2018-1-5
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 03:34
Very good price! I only hope it is not ‘too good’! Let us know how you get on.

Fingers crossed!!! I mean, even if I get stung with import tax, it should still be considerably cheaper, no?
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends on the tax. You can buy brand new Mavic’s from authorised UK dealers for £899 now. If the duty is £150 then no. Plus what will happen if it’s a defective unit? Will you need to ship it back to the US? Who pays for that and how long will that take. Will the DJI warranty be valid as you’re buying a US registered drone to use in the UK.
2018-1-5
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 03:47
Depends on the tax. You can buy brand new Mavic’s from authorised UK dealers for £899 now. If the duty is £150 then no. Plus what will happen if it’s a defective unit? Will you need to ship it back to the US? Who pays for that and how long will that take. Will the DJI warranty be valid as you’re buying a US registered drone to use in the UK.

Let's wait and see. I'll report back on the experience.

£150 on top of £643 is still cheaper, unless there are other hidden charges to pay.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, I mean my brother in law haggled and got his Mavic from Maplins for 800. Fingers crossed for you and do let me know how it goes. DJI products are so much cheaper in the US
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Congratulations first! Due to the warranty is not international, I'm afraid that you may not get the local warranty if do not purchase from local authorized dealers. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-1-7
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interested in seeing how this pans out.
2018-1-8
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 22:24
Congratulations first! Due to the warranty is not international, I'm afraid that you may not get the local warranty if do not purchase from local authorized dealers. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Thanks. What about if I pay for the care package?
2018-1-12
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-8 03:13
Interested in seeing how this pans out.

Me too
2018-1-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you had any updates?
2018-1-12
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

We are all nerds ....  maybe.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-12 06:14
Thanks. What about if I pay for the care package?

At the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in China, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the EU. You can only apply for product warranty service in China, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official EU service center.
2018-1-15
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys, I received the Mavic this morning, no import tax what so ever. Label says it came from Belgium and the paperwork said it was a remote control toy for under £20. The box had a little damage, but everything inside was shiny and new. She's charging right now.
2018-1-20
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 19:04
At the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. However, the coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in China, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the EU. You can only apply for product warranty service in China, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official EU service center.

Thanks for the info
2018-1-20
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-12 07:21
Have you had any updates?

Box damage. Hopefully she'll fly ok
20180120_121529.jpg
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-20 05:24
Box damage. Hopefully she'll fly ok

At least it's arrived - fingers crossed for you! Let us know all is OK
2018-1-20
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome news here, happy flying
2018-1-20
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

updating the firmware at the mo, all seems to be working up to this point, will take her out for a flight soon
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-21 06:37
updating the firmware at the mo, all seems to be working up to this point, will take her out for a flight soon

Thanks for keeping us updated. It seems that everything works well. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-1-22
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-22 20:32
Your first mistake...

You should always fly the aircraft first with the software with which it came.

Oh, really, why is that? A little more info would be helpful.
2018-1-22
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

I bought mine from Banggood and only paid £3 in fees. If you've received yours already you probably wont be charged any tax. In my experience, they don't deliver until you have paid the tax.
2018-1-22
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-22 22:53
Oh, really, why is that? A little more info would be helpful.

It's best to see if the aircraft is working fully with factory settings before updating. Updating the FW sometimes makes unwanted changes.
2018-1-22
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-20 05:21
Hi guys, I received the Mavic this morning, no import tax what so ever. Label says it came from Belgium and the paperwork said it was a remote control toy for under £20. The box had a little damage, but everything inside was shiny and new. She's charging right now.

Just having it delivered is no guarantee you won’t have to pay import duty, if it was carried by a larger courier (eg Fedex, UPS or internationally similar), they usually cover the import fee and then invoice you separately. Having said that, if it was labelled as a $20 toy, you might get away with it or only get a tiny import bill, if you do get one.
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope the first flight goes well! Looks like this has turned out to be a great deal after all
2018-1-23
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If it was shipped from Belgium then there will be no fees. No fees from importing within Europe.
2018-1-23
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 22:24

Could you please give us some info on how Cross Country repairs work and what are the fees?
2018-1-23
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

YouserName Posted at 2018-1-23 00:04
If it was shipped from Belgium then there will be no fees. No fees from importing within Europe.

Never even knew Gearbest had an EU Warehouse, but clearly they do! That makes it a great option in future - assuming you’re in The EU and/or Brexit hasn’t happened yet if you’re in the UK
2018-1-23
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

YouserName Posted at 2018-1-23 00:07
Could you please give us some info on how Cross Country repairs work and what are the fees?

More importantly, is it a regional warranty or country specific? If it’s a European warranty and it was shipped from Belgium, does that count? Does that mean keeping the shipping label is as important as the receipt?
2018-1-23
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
United Kingdom

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-23 00:11
Never even knew Gearbest had an EU Warehouse, but clearly they do! That makes it a great option in future - assuming you’re in The EU and/or Brexit hasn’t happened yet if you’re in the UK

What Chinese companies are doing now is, shipping from China to Europe and then relabelling the package so it looks like it's being shipped from Europe. Great for customers tbh.

Bought a fly more combo for £780 last September and bought a standard Mavic package for £605 last December. Good savings to be had if you can live with the warranty issue.
2018-1-23
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
United Kingdom

YouserName Posted at 2018-1-23 00:14
What Chinese companies are doing now is, shipping from China to Europe and then relabelling the package so it looks like it's being shipped from Europe. Great for customers tbh.

Bought a fly more combo for £780 last September and bought a standard Mavic package for £605 last December. Good savings to be had if you can live with the warranty issue.

Great until tax/customs officials catch on to it and close the loophole!
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-23 00:11

They don't - this was shipped directly from the States which is why it has taken weeks to arrive to the OP.
2018-1-23
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-23 04:19
First because you see how it flies as it came.  If you decide to update then you have a basis for comparison.  If you update before flying & discover an issue, was it there before or was it introduced by the update?  If you never flew with the original firmware you don't know.

Second many people experience issues updating or after updating.  Just peruse the threads here for countless examples.

BUGGER!!! I want to take my Mavic up snowboarding with me, I just read there might be a height restriction in the update, is this true?
2018-1-23
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavric Posted at 2018-1-23 04:36
BUGGER!!! I want to take my Mavic up snowboarding with me, I just read there might be a height restriction in the update, is this true?

500m max height from takeoff. In the UK you are limited to 400' (120m) anyway.
2018-1-23
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-23 04:51
500m max height from takeoff. In the UK you are limited to 400' (120m) anyway.

OK, thanks, that's good news.
2018-1-23
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just took her out for a spin, she flies great
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perfect! Well done and saving what is now £400+ has been worth it for you! Fly safe as the warranty will be a whole new post between continents LOL
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

YouserName Posted at 2018-1-23 00:07
Could you please give us some info on how Cross Country repairs work and what are the fees?

In case the drone need repair, you can start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav It is same with the normal repair progress, but repair fees need to pay. As for the repair cost, it can be confirmed after the local team received the unit and did the damage assessment, you can visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-1-24
Use props
Mavric
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 02:17
In case the drone need repair, you can start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav It is same with the normal repair progress, but repair fees need to pay. As for the repair cost, it can be confirmed after the local team received the unit and did the damage assessment, you can visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Thanks very much for that Susan
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules