871 4 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8eadedf1
New
Flight distance : 7743 ft
Australia

Hi,

First post here so hopefully this doesn’t fall on deaf ears.

I purchased a P4P in December and opened it on Xmas day. I had used my dads P4 over the last 12 months and was excited to be getting my own.
After setting it up I quickly realised something wasn’t right with the image transmission.
I have included a timeline below for how things played out and have created a case with DJI, CAS-1377415-F1Q2S1

I would request this case to be investigated and a replacement drone provided as it was faulty out of the box which I believe is fair and in line with my consumer rights.

The timeline surrounding this product is as follows:

Purchased via www.aus-cameras.com and received via postage 6/12/17. Item was a Christmas present so remained sealed and unopened until Christmas Day.

25th December - Package First opened Christmas Day and activated online via the DJI Go 4 app that day (25/12/17).
Using the app and an iPhone X, the Image Transmission was observed to be pixelated and a green screen appeared intermittently. Majority of the time no image was visible and the drone could be flown but without any image transmitted from the camera. The remote was also intermittently having issues connecting to the drone but could be fixed by powering off and back on.

25-26th December - troubleshooted issue using DJI forums, online forums and YouTube with no success. One YouTuber has a similar issue and reported that the video transmitter had to be replaced?

27th December - after having no luck with any of the troubleshooting steps I contacted DJI Support online chat and discussed issue and continued troubleshooting as instructed (reinstall DJI Go 4, relink RC, refresh firmware, etc). After proving that none of these steps worked DJI advised that it could be a hardware issue and should be sent back for replacement.
After providing the Serial no. I was told that the drone was not purchased from an Australian authorised dealer so therefore was not eligible for replacement by DJI or warranty repair and would need to consult with the dealer to seek a replacement. I had no idea that the place I purchased it was not an ‘authorised’ dealer, I was just chasing a good package. After insisting that I wanted the quickest solution I was assured that I had to consult the dealer to do this.

27th December - Contacted the dealer (www.aus-cameras.com) based in Melbourne, VIC and explained issues using their online ticket. Tried calling and was told via a short email that they would respond in early Jan as they were on holiday.

28th Dec-29th Dec - Got in contact with DJI via online chat again to see if there was any way I could send the drone to a repairer to seek attention ASAP. Explained my situation and was again told that the dealer had to issue a replacement and this was my only option. Continued to wait for the dealer to respond to the issue.

4th January - Dealer finally responds via email and tells me to send it to DJI for repair as the replacement period had expired and they would cover the cost of repair. Despite my insistence that this drone was faulty out of the box the dealer has refused to replace it.
This was over a week after initial contact and identification of the problem. The whole time I had a brand new drone that was unusable and had been itching to get it fixed so i could enjoy my Christmas present.

5th January - Contacted DJI online support to clarify replacement period (15 days from receiving) terms.

As the drone was received by the person gifting the drone on the 6th Dec I was told by DJI that the 15 day period began on the 6th Dec rather than the date of first use and activation (25th December).
I believe that this ruling is unfair as the drone remained unopened in a sealed box until the 25th December when it was first tested. There was no way that a fault could be identified when it was received as it remained unopened and untested so therefore the period for replacement was not sufficient and unreasonable. The period for replacement should be measured from the date of activation and first flight.

I have spent a significant amount of money purchasing this drone and have so far not been able to use it as expected.
I have not been afforded the same conveniences or courtesy as a consumer who would have purchased a drone from an ‘authorised’ dealer and have been given a run around by both DJI and the dealer I purchased it from. I have been told by DJI that I am not eligible for free postage or warranty repair as it is a ‘China’ drone so have been told to expect to pay for it all myself which I feel is unreasonable. The drone is exactly the same as a drone purchased from an ‘authorised’ Aus dealer and I don’t think it is fair to be punished for this, there is no way for an Australian consumer to know if the dealer they are purchasing from is ‘authorised’ or not.

To be treated differently due to the place of purchase and have to pay to repair a brand new faulty product that is exactly the same is just unfair.

I can provide proof of purchase and delivery if required.

I look forward to a response and have sent the drone off to the Aus repair facility to get the ball rolling. Hopefully the faulty drone finds it’s way their promptly and safely for inspection and replacement.

Thanks to everyone for reading and advising me on the best course of action from here.

TL;DR - I got a faulty drone for Xmas and have been told I won’t get it replaced or repaired under warranty as it came from China!
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read on this, Josh, I've checked your case, the version of your drone is the China Mainland version.  Our Australian repair center will not be able to provide warranty service since DJI doesn't provide international warranty service. Furthermore, DJI only offers warranty service to authorized dealers, products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not subject to warranty services. This drone is not purchased from an Australian authorized dealer. You'll need to pay for the repair if you send the drone to the DJI Official Repair Center in Australia. In this case, I think it will be better for you if you contact your dealer and ask them to take care of this case for you, hope you can understand.
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried it again with the latest Go 4 app? The iPhone X was known to have issues which are fixed (according to the change log) in the latest version, 4.1.22. I looked at the Play Store updates tab, mine updated on 1/2/2018 and I get auto updates.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans8eadedf1
New
Flight distance : 7743 ft
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-5 10:34
Have you tried it again with the latest Go 4 app? The iPhone X was known to have issues which are fixed (according to the change log) in the latest version, 4.1.22. I looked at the Play Store updates tab, mine updated on 1/2/2018 and I get auto updates.

Hi Diana and Father Xmas,

I have tried  an iPhone, Galaxy and iPad so am confident it is not the mobile device or app causing the issue.

I understand your comments Diana and can only hope this serves as a warning for people to be conscious of only purchasing DJI products from ‘authorised’ dealers otherwise DJI wipes their hands of any product guarantees/warranties.

2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans8eadedf1 Posted at 2018-1-7 13:17
Hi Diana and Father Xmas,

I have tried  an iPhone, Galaxy and iPad so am confident it is not the mobile device or app causing the issue.

Thanks for your kind understanding Sir, hope the issue will get sorted out soon, we also hope all the customers will purchase from online store or authorized retail stores to avoid other unnecessary troubles.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules