Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles RE with Phantom 4
1795 9 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3cdd60b1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I have just bought the Goggles RE for Christmas and uploaded the latest S/W on both the Goggles and my Phantom 4. I am not able to upload any new S/W on the Controller since Assistant will not show me a firmware list for the Controller.  Nevertherless, I appear to have linked the Goggles RE successfully whilst indoors to the Controller and Phantom 4.  
However, when I go outside (to get a GPS sgnal) with the Goggles RE connected via its micro-USB port to the USB port on the Controller, the Goggles RE displays a broken-up OTW view and a "No Remote Controller signal" flag at the top left. There is also no signal showing for the Controller on the relevant icon at the top middle of the display but the link icon is green showing a positive link between the Goggles RE and the Phantom 4. The LED on the Controller shows a red and intermittent green light.

When I connect the Goggles via its micro-USB port to the micro-USB port on the Controller (as per the User Guide), the Goggles RE displays no OTW view and a Remote Controller "Disconnected" signal at the top left with the link icon (at the top of the display) being red showing there is no link between the Goggles RE and the Phantom 4 and all other icons being blank.  The LED light on the Controller shows a red and intermittent green light.

Can someone explain whether the problem is:
a) the Controller needs a firmware update (albeit that this is currently not available to me for some reason when I log in successfully)
b) the Controller has a fault
c) the USB cable is faulty
d) something else is wrong - please specify.
Many thanks, Nicholas
2018-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Denmark

did you try reinstall the app ?
2018-1-5
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

What is your current version of remote, drone and app
2018-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"The LED light on the Controller shows a red and intermittent green light."

The firmware on the P4 RC needs to be at V1.9.3

The firmware on the P4 RC cannot be upgraded using DJI Assistant 2.

The firmware on the P4 RC needs to be updated via DJI Go 4 App (latest V4.1.22) running on a newish Apple or Android device:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

My Goggles (not RE) can be upgraded via DJI Assistant 2 if needed, I imagine RE would be same.

The Goggles should work when connected to the standard USB port on the RC. They will not work if connected to mini USB on controller.

If any updates are carried out then reboot all and connect goggles to RC, if aircraft powered up you should see live view from camera.

At least that's what would happen with the standard goggles :-)

2018-1-5
Use props
fans3cdd60b1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-5 17:05
"The LED light on the Controller shows a red and intermittent green light."

Many thanks for your help.  
I have uploaded the new firmware on the Controller and the whole system now works!
However, it is very disappointing that the User Guide for the Goggles RE is not more helpful and that it contains an error re: the use of the mini-USB port on the Controller.
Regards, Nicholas
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans3cdd60b1 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:00
I have uploaded the new firmware on the Controller and the whole system now works!
However, it is very disappointing that the User Guide for the Goggles RE is not more helpful and that it contains an error re: the use of the mini-USB port on the Controller.

Good to hear all is now working, yes, the DJI manuals need to be corrected, page 11 on Goggles, and page 15 on Goggles RE manuals both say to connect to micro USB on controller.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3cdd60b1 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:00
I have uploaded the new firmware on the Controller and the whole system now works!
However, it is very disappointing that the User Guide for the Goggles RE is not more helpful and that it contains an error re: the use of the mini-USB port on the Controller.

Hey Nicholas, nice to know the issue has been figured out. As for the Micro-USB cable, I've checked the manual, it only mentions the micro USB cable, but not specific the direction, sorry for the confusion. I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference(since 1:22):

2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 23:08
Hey Nicholas, nice to know the issue has been figured out. As for the Micro-USB cable, I've checked the manual, it only mentions the micro USB cable, but not specific the direction, sorry for the confusion. I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference(since 1:22):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctc6aSclnw

I see it now, page 11 & 15 reference are notes (2 stars) for connection to micro USB on 'Spark' controller. Slightly ambiguous though as no mention is made of where to connect on P4 RC.

Perhaps it should read "Connect an OTG cable to the micro USB port of the Spark remote controller"

At present it reads "Connect an OTG cable to the micro USB port of the remote controller" and the single star beside the Phantom 4 series doesn't stand out well enough.

The note for the P4 series could also be amended to read "Please note that the Phantom 4 Pro+/Advanced + remote controller must have latest firmware update, also that connection to P4 series remote controller is made using the full sized USB port, not the micro USB."
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-8 00:09
I see it now, page 11 & 15 reference are notes (2 stars) for connection to micro USB on 'Spark' controller. Slightly ambiguous though as no mention is made of where to connect on P4 RC.

Perhaps it should read "Connect an OTG cable to the micro USB port of the Spark remote controller"

I'll forward to the designated team for further review. Thanks for your kind reminder.
2018-1-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

That Sucks!
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules