2769 33 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

I just installed the new Assistant 2v1.2.0
on two pc's with Windows 10 and every time I try to run the Assistant Bitdefender comes with a warning on viruses in two files in the apo and blocks the program so there I can not run it. Those files are DJIAirChecker.dll that has: Gen.Variant.Graftor.403178. and the other one is Root.exe that has: Gen.Variant.Symmi.81865.
What is hoing one here?
I get the same on two different pc's that are all up to date both OS and virus defense.
Someone?
2018-1-5
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I cant find Version 1.2.0 anywhere. Newest Version is 1.1.6 Where did you download that?
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

Under Phantom 4 Pro.
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

Getin virus warning when trying to run New installed Assistant 2v...

I just installed the new Assistant 2v1.2.0 so there I can update My P4P
on two pc's with Windows 10 and every time I try to run the Assistant Bitdefender comes with a warning on viruses in two files in the apo and blocks the program so there I can not run it. Those files are DJIAirChecker.dll that has: Gen.Variant.Graftor.403178. and the other one is Root.exe that has: Gen.Variant.Symmi.81865.
What is hoing one here?
I get the same on two different pc's that are all up to date both OS and virus defense.
Someone?

2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

A Lot of reports on that, best explanation is last post in here even this is regarding the app : https://forum.dji.com/thread-110541-1-1.html
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Also see https://forum.dji.com/thread-3544-1-1.html and https://forum.dji.com/thread-120681-1-1.html, some of the latest i think.
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127374
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

I ment to put it under p4pro and could not delite the other one.
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

Those reports above do not tell me anything exept the last one tells me something.
I would like to hear from someone from DJI about this end get a explanation and the solution.
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-5 07:27
I ment to put it under p4pro and could not delite the other one.

As far i remember you edit #1 here on top, and then in the bottom to the left you'll see "Additional options" from where you can select "Del this post".

Edit: think this is the other one, posted in "Videos & Photos"
2018-1-5
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I've installed in in win10 Pro where I have Trend Micro Maximum Security, received no virus notification. Download the exe file and run. No issues.
2018-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-5 07:33
Those reports above do not tell me anything exept the last one tells me something.
I would like to hear from someone from DJI about this end get a explanation and the solution.

indeed .. he earned FOUR points for nothing lol keep on rising KedDK
2018-1-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-5 07:51
As far i remember you edit #1 here on top, and then in the bottom to the left you'll see "Additional options" from where you can select "Del this post".

Edit: think this is the other one, posted in "Videos & Photos"

I think one  (the OR) cannot delete his own #1 post (that started a thread). At least, I looked on a thread I started, and the DEL. option wasn't available. Only on my posts with higher #.
2018-1-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

look at this:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-127374-1-1.html
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-5 08:19
I think one  (the OR) cannot delete his own #1 post (that started a thread). At least, I looked on a thread I started, and the DEL. option wasn't available. Only on my posts with higher #.

I think you're right, it seem to can only be done until someone replies in the thread, didn't know.
2018-1-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

You can google  both Gen.Variant.Graftor.403178 and Gen.Variant.Symmi.81865 , and you will see that they may be "innocent" files , but you can report both of them to your AV provider for further analysis. What I understand is that they may be similar to malware just because they use similar parts of code, but for different reasons, not considered dangerous...
2018-1-5
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

See if this helps you any, you may be able to white list those two.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/whitelist-program-windows-10
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

Thanks you guys.
I just wanted to let you know that it worked finally.
I hate disabling virus defense on any of my PC´s for there I use them all at my business and I have a huge amount of footage and projects , both finished and ongoing from so many customers and do not like taking any risks, thought I have backups everything you never know.
I found one computer that I backed up, disconnected from the local network, then disabled all  protection in Bitdefender and then did the upgrade using another independent network. it took few hours but worked.
2018-1-5
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

I did post this on the other thread but thought I should put it here also.

It worked finally.
I hate disabling virus defense on any of my PC´s for there I use them all at my business and I have a huge amount of footage and projects , both finished and ongoing from so many customers and do not like taking any risks, thought I have backups everything you never know.
I found one computer that I backed up, disconnected from the local network, then disabled all  protection in Bitdefender and then did the upgrade using another independent network. it took few hours but worked.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-5 15:23
Thanks you guys.
I just wanted to let you know that it worked finally.

Hi JoiCam, good to hear that you get the DJI Assistant 2 work on another PC. But would you mind telling me the version of the Bitdefender you are running on the original PC and is it possible for you to provide me with a screenshot of the warning? Thank you so much for your help.
2018-1-7
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 21:04
Hi JoiCam, good to hear that you get the DJI Assistant 2 work on another PC. But would you mind telling me the version of the Bitdefender you are running on the original PC and is it possible for you to provide me with a screenshot of the warning? Thank you so much for your help.

I also have a current version (up to date virus files) in BitDefender and I can't even run version 1.2.x at all, it just never runs. It installed ok.  I've attached a screen shot of what my Bitdefender finds, top line the file it has a problem with is "root.exe".
What to do?
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-1-8 10:28
I also have a current version (up to date virus files) in BitDefender and I can't even run version 1.2.x at all, it just never runs. It installed ok.  I've attached a screen shot of what my Bitdefender finds, top line the file it has a problem with is "root.exe".
What to do?
[view_image]

Hi Marklyn59, we appreciate so much of your feedback, as far we know, it's a false positive, but could you still provide me with the specific version of your BitDefender so we can test it? Thank you so much.
2018-1-9
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-9 01:16
Hi Marklyn59, we appreciate so much of your feedback, as far we know, it's a false positive, but could you still provide me with the specific version of your BitDefender so we can test it? Thank you so much.

Yes, It's build 22.0.17.209

I should also say that trying to install the new DJI Assistant app fails each time on my Windows 10 machine with Bitdefender.  It stops when it's trying to install or rename a file called root.exe so what I did was fired up a Windows 10 VM with no Bitdefender, installed the DJI assistant there with no problem.
Then I went back to my original machine, attempted another install, this time saying "ignore" when it stops at the root.exe issue, and it installs everything except the root.exe
If I try to copy the root.exe from my VM to my real machine with the "ignore" prompt during the install the root.exe won't copy over due to an authorization prompt; however, if I rename the root.exe on the VM to anything.exe it will copy over and I can then run that named file.  For some reason, with this version of DJI Assistant, something on my system, doesn't like that root.exe file at all!
2018-1-9
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

I uninstalled DJI Assistant and tried to install again to show you the error I'm talking about.

2018-1-9
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

hello, any idea on what to do to get this installed?
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-1-11 20:51
hello, any idea on what to do to get this installed?

I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the long days off. And thank you very much for your reply, I will forward it to our engineers to check. Will get back to you once I hear anything, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-1-11 20:51
hello, any idea on what to do to get this installed?

Hi marklyn59, an update here, could you please try to download version DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 and see if the error still exists? Click here to get the related version. We are looking forward to your feedback, thank you very much.
2018-1-18
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

Yes, 1.1.6 does the same thing; however, I have figure out a workaround.
If I boot into safe mode it installs completely (any version) and with no issues when I boot back up into regular mode.
My Windows 10 box has done at least 2 updates in the last 3-6 weeks that I'm aware of so I suspect something in the updates is causing issues?
I also have Windows Defender disabled so I know that's not it.
2018-1-18
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-7 21:04
Hi JoiCam, good to hear that you get the DJI Assistant 2 work on another PC. But would you mind telling me the version of the Bitdefender you are running on the original PC and is it possible for you to provide me with a screenshot of the warning? Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Thor. it is the 2018 v 22.0.1.1
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, for those who have experienced the same situation, I got an update from our engineers: this is the false positive of some anti-virus softwares, our engineers are now investigating it. Please try to install DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 on this website and confirm if the warning reappears. We are looking forward to your feedback, thank you very much.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-21 08:30
Hi Thor. it is the 2018 v 22.0.1.1

Thank you very much, I had recorded and forwarded to our engineers. But if you are interested in, would you mind trying to download v1.1.6 as I mentioned above and provide me with the feedback? Appreciate it.
2018-1-22
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 00:53
Thank you very much, I had recorded and forwarded to our engineers. But if you are interested in, would you mind trying to download v1.1.6 as I mentioned above and provide me with the feedback? Appreciate it.

Thanks Thor.
I tested Assistant 2 v1.1.6 and it works on all my Pc´s with Bitdefender enabled with no problem at all as be fore.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JoiCam Posted at 2018-1-22 01:33
Thanks Thor.
I tested Assistant 2 v1.1.6 and it works on all my Pc´s with Bitdefender enabled with no problem at all as be fore.

Thank you very much for your report. I will forward this feedback to our engineers. Appreciate your work!
2018-1-23
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-23 05:21
Thank you very much for your report. I will forward this feedback to our engineers. Appreciate your work!

No problem
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules