Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downgrade from beta .600 to .106
1748 22 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

I have been running the .600 beta for a bit now.  I tried to downgrade the firmware back to the latest released firmware using the DJI assistant (1.20) on Windows 10.  Here are the screen shots
Here is the firmware screen
firmware screen.JPG

I select the firmware and hit the downgrade button

start of downgrade.JPG
it's downloads the firmware fine..

downloading.JPG

but when it trys to upload it to the drone it sits at 0% then fails.

failed.JPG

I hit the Upload Error Log button.. It gives me an error about needing javascript.  If I cancel the diaglog it say the Upload completed.

So can I not downgrade from the beta to the latest supported version?  I have the latest app, am I doing something wrong?

Stephen

failed.JPG
2018-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Denmark

maybe the prob is Windows 10 , but im not sure , can you try this in another win 7 device ?
2018-1-5
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-5 10:12
maybe the prob is Windows 10 , but im not sure , can you try this in another win 7 device ?

I don't have any Windows 7 computers.  Haven't been for for a couple years now.
2018-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Denmark

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-5 10:15

ohh i see ... i d hear something about problems in WIN 10,  Ops ll help you in this issue dont worry
2018-1-5
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Latest release of Windows 10 causes the problem and i revert to creators edition back
2018-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Denmark

maybe you need last version of DJI assistant
2018-1-5
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

Already have that.  I did however have another windows 10 that wasn't running the latest 1709 creators build.. it worked fine on that.  REALLY?  I can't keep my computer up to date if I want to use Dji software?  Didn't they just release this version of Dji assistant also?  I know the creators 1706 build has been out for a while.. man.
2018-1-5
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-5 10:15

Regarding the Windows 10 vs windows 7 part only:
You could disable driver signature requirement by following any one of the three methods here:  https://www.maketecheasier.com/i ... -drivers-windows10/

You could also install Windows 7 into a VirtualBox VM just for this.

I've done both with success.
2018-1-5
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

So I have to disable security features and installed the unsigned drivers or run a Win7 VM because DJI can't figure out how to get drivers properly signed?  WOW..
2018-1-5
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-5 11:11
So I have to disable security features and installed the unsigned drivers or run a Win7 VM because DJI can't figure out how to get drivers properly signed?  WOW..

As I have said In many other threads, It is DJI’s responsibility to make sure their software, firmware, APP’s, and programs remain compatible with today’s IOS And OS, and Android platforms. It is not on the creators of the IOS, OS And Androids plate to make sure that other programs from hundreds of thousands of  other APPS  and Programs are compatible with their operating platforms that responsibly falls on the creators of the APPS AND PROGRAMS That are going to run on the base Operating platforms, and no company should ever think that their costumers shouldn’t update their operating systems and run out of date operating systems when DJI forces you to accept their updates of their own products which in the end grounds their equipment.  I’m tired of trying this work around and trying that work around and uninstalling and reinstalling trying to roll back firmware and trying this release of beta ware and that beta ware. Absolutely ridiculous and Absolutely uncalled for and Absolutely not right.
2018-1-5
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

You can no longer downgrade thru DJI Assistant, or so I have been told. Search the forum you will find your looking for. You can easily down grade with 3rd party tool and an old firmware.  Oddly the name has been blocked from being placed in posts.

Maybe you can downgrade P4 Pro, I am on just the P4.
2018-1-5
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-5 11:11

its a simple reboot to turn security off, install the drivers and then reboot back.
Or update from inside a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box and a trial of windows.

The drivers will be signed soon I am sure as the next release comes out. Creators edition caused lots of issues for vendors all over. Being in charge of 480 laptops here {life of a IT Manager} running it I can tell you, we hate it ;-). It works well but has caused numerous compatibility issues.
2018-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The next formal release must be close now, I checked a few days ago (I'm using 02.00.0600 Beta) and could see all previous Betas plus the 02.00.0106 official release.

Tonight I see the same as you, the 02.00.0106, I've no reason to attempt a roll back, so have not tried it.

I'm running Win 10 Pro build 1709, and have had no problems running Assistant 2 V1.2.0 when updating my Mavic, Mavic RC & Goggles to their latest builds. I wonder if this is a Server issue, or perhaps our next option may be to step up to the next formal release.

The fact that it is seeing your P4 (Main Controller Output ) would seem to suggest that there are no driver problems, but nothing can be completely ruled out I suppose.

Assistant 2 latest - Copy.jpg
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Stephen, please try to restart the drone and do it again. If it still fails, please provide me with the log so I can help to check. You can access the log in this way: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log
Thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

I have the same problem and must say that no file with the name update_log is written! There are Assistant 2 and Assistant2, as the pictures show!
2018-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Satstream Posted at 2018-1-6 00:54
I have the same problem and must say that no file with the name update_log is written! There are Assistant 2 and Assistant2, as the pictures show![view_image][view_image]

In DJI Assistant 2 (not Assistant2) there should be a folder called 'upgrade_log'. there is also a folder called 'log' which is what you are looking at. Perhaps if you've not done any updates as yet 'upgrade_log' may not have been created.
2018-1-6
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

I also looked. I could find a log files. Please tell me the exact location I should be looking. Windows 10 1709 build.
2018-1-6
Use props
Suidog
lvl.2
United States

Sorry. Typo. I *couldn’t* find the log file
2018-1-6
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-6 03:13
In DJI Assistant 2 (not Assistant2) there should be a folder called 'upgrade_log'. there is also a folder called 'log' which is what you are looking at. Perhaps if you've not done any updates as yet 'upgrade_log' may not have been created.

Your guess is unfortunately wrong. I have updated from V 01.01.0503 to V 01.02.602 now I am at V02.00.600 there is definitely no update log file in Assistant 2. Today I also tried the newest version Assistant V1.2.0 from 2017-27-12. Downgrade to V02.00.0106 fails!
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Satstream Posted at 2018-1-7 02:24
Your guess is unfortunately wrong. I have updated from V 01.01.0503 to V 01.02.602 now I am at V02.00.600 there is definitely no update log file in Assistant 2. Today I also tried the newest version Assistant V1.2.0 from 2017-27-12. Downgrade to V02.00.0106 fails!

No guess I'm afraid, I have it here and see some older log files, I do usually check things before I post:-

Windows 10 Pro build 1709
Log file - Copy.jpg
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suidog Posted at 2018-1-6 12:10
I also looked. I could find a log files. Please tell me the exact location I should be looking. Windows 10 1709 build.

Location can be seen in address bar in my image In previous post.
2018-1-7
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Germany

Your post has brought me an idea! I connected my external backup drive and found the folder upgrade_log under Assistant 2 !! The Vulture knows why this folder was deleted in my current Windows 10.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Satstream Posted at 2018-1-7 07:18
Your post has brought me an idea! I connected my external backup drive and found the folder upgrade_log under Assistant 2 !! The Vulture knows why this folder was deleted in my current Windows 10.

A good find
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules