DJI Spark takeoff during simulation mode
2261 8 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sage3br
New
United States

Just got my spark today so I'm guessing this was user error but here is what happened.

Updated firmware etc then launched simulation mode.

I kept getting an error that the drone couldnt take off (in simulation mode) still not sure why, I had to reconnect to RC a few times during initial setup so I'm not sure if my essential phone and it's wifi connection to the RC is the problem (although I did make sure to select stay connected despite no internet).

All of a sudden my spark took off, this is in my office. I held down down thrust but could only get it to hover. Hit return to home button, hoping it would land. Nope. I had to grab it while holding down on the joystick. Tried powering off the Spark with the two button process. Didnt work. I had to slide the battery out of the spark all while its really pulling up (as I'm now holding onto it).

Anyways - any idea why this would happen? For it to take off when I had flight simulator open?

2018-1-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

For starters you're suppose to have the props off the drone in simulation mode
2018-1-5
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

And if you do need to grab it, if you then flip it side ways it will shut down motors.
2018-1-5
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Where there any stickers left on the under side where the 3d sensor and camera are?
2018-1-5
Use props
Sage3br
New
United States

AlanIRL Posted at 2018-1-5 10:56
Where there any stickers left on the under side where the 3d sensor and camera are?

No stickers it doesnt look like. I believe there were only stickers on the front sensor and camera which were removed. Side question: I dont need to remove a gimbal stabalizer like on the mavic pro do i?
2018-1-5
Use props
PilotWoevie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16437 ft
Netherlands

No, you don't have to remove a gimbal protector, because there isn't any.
When not flying the drone, you should always get the props off, just in case.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Sage, I'm so sorry to read your post. Do you get hurt during the period? Generally, the drone should not take off in the simulator mode until you exit and restart the drone. Do you accidentally exit the simulator mode by reboot?
2018-1-7
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-5 10:43
For starters you're suppose to have the props off the drone in simulation mode

Trying not to laugh my **** off. Love this forum lately.
2018-1-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-1-7 07:42
Trying not to laugh my **** off. Love this forum lately.

Yeah usually after Xmas this forum gets exciting.
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules