Battery Storage Life
1529 3 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

I know this has been discussed time after time but I have a question concerning extending my battery life for the Phantom 2.  I have 3 Phantom 5200 mAh batteries that I bought over time at a hefty price which is ridiculous.  Any ways say if im not planning on flying for another week, is it better to leave the batteries drained down to 10 percent or a low percentage and then the day I will be flying to boost them to 100%?  At first I would immediately charge all 3 batteries to 100% so they would be ready to go the next time I was going to go fly.  If I know im not going to be flying for awhile then how should I store the batteries charge wise?
2015-4-21
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

It has been stated that batteries are happy being stored around 60%. I normally charge up to where the 3rd light starts to blink. Once there, I store them until I need to fly & then charge them up.
2015-4-21
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

store at about 50-60% charge and charge them fully short before the flight. Note. don't use a battery that's been stored for some periods without charging it prior to the flight for a "quicky" since cells may go out of balance during storage and need to get re-balanced prior use.
2015-4-21
Use props
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the input that's what I will do hear on now.
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules