123Next >
9956 114 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spikeuk76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 441138 ft
United Kingdom

I was out filming today and this happened right at the end. This aint some Top Gun trick flying inverted taking a Polaroid!

I restarted the app to see if that corrected it but it didnt, the movie captured on the SD card was also upside down. It happened after I tilited the camera directly down then horizontal using the C1 button.

I had to restart the P4P to clear the fault,  has anyone else seen this?

2018-1-5
Use props
TCADrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1826745 ft
United States

I haven't seen it on video, but it def does it on stills with the gimbal down 90deg. I was doing a roof inspection the other day pushing right stick forward and the display was moving backward. I'm also seeing terrible FPV lag when firing the camera on iOS
2018-1-5
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1116814 ft
Australia

I had a similar situation yesterday (also with P4P) when the camera is pointed directly down (shooting a property from directly above). The image on the display seems to randomly swing 180º backward and forward making it difficult to position over the property as you cannot work out which way the P4P is facing. Seem to be happening since updating the app (iOS) and a firmware update.
2018-1-6
Use props
Peo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25409177 ft
Sweden

Oups u got the Aussi version, that why
2018-1-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

This is a known issue with the new firmware its very big one too. I just currently use the older FW. until DJI releases a new FW update it staying with the old one.
2018-1-6
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Ok so when will DJI be fixing this issue?
2018-1-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
United States

hdlou94 Posted at 2018-1-6 04:26
Ok so when will DJI be fixing this issue?

when the sun rises from the west.
2018-1-6
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

I have the same problem

2018-1-6
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
United States

Sebi Posted at 2018-1-6 04:56
I have the same problem

yup exactly i was having that same issue, its well documented problem, hope DJI is listening
2018-1-6
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

Peo Posted at 2018-1-6 03:18
Oups u got the Aussi version, that why

Probably been the problem all along  : ))  
2018-1-6
Use props
fans13642d5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3406883 ft
United Kingdom

I had issues with the firmware on the P4P using iPad, weak transmission signal warning constant with poor image feed.
So I swapped back to the pro plus RC and got inverted images, DJI really know how to mess up that’s for sure.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we have been aware of this issue, our engineers are working on this and will fix it in the next formal firmware version, please connect the DJI Assistant 2 and use the previous firmware v01.04.0602 currently. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-7
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2018-1-6 04:52

Seriously? that quick? noway? are you joking me???.. where did you get this info from?? you have inside connections???
2018-1-7
Use props
KODILU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2079419 ft
Angola

After the last firmware update (performed on December 28th, 2017 on a Phantom 4 Pro) this weird (and extremely dangerous) behaviour happened to me yesterday (January 5th, 2018) on a very important shoot for a VIP client. This totally ruined the whole shoot, the whole day and as a result - the whole assignment in a very remote location. I had to film someone walking on a salt-flat from straight above (far in the wild, in Angola, Africa). The moment I start to tilt the camera down below the horizon line, the image/feed flips (inverts both horizontally and vertically). The situation is worse when the camera is pointing straight down. When I was filming the actual subject this was NIGHTMARE! Because when you have a flat, white ground with no significant visual references (like trees, horizon line, road, river, etc.)...you don’t notice this flipping happening. The only reference was the walking model - a dark dot in the salt-flat. So when the image was inverted I was actually flying in the opposite direction from the one I had planned to fly to. I was loosing the subject all the time. I was hunting for the model around the salt-flat and wondering what THE HELL is going on and why I can’t frame her. Worst of all: the small sand-flat is surrounded by tall palm trees. I almost crashed into them a few times, because while I was certain that I was flying towards the centre of the salt-flat, in fact I was flying back and/or sidewise towards the trees because of the constantly inverting image/feed. Even worse: this inversion is random, hectic, flickery - totally unpredictable and this is the most disorienting experience I have ever had in my life. This is DANGEROUS! Only the video feed is inverting. The recorded does not show this phenomenon.

Now, back in a town with 3G, I’m googling the issue only to find out this topic all over forums. DJI - please fix this ASAP!

I was out in the field, but I don’t even dare to imagine what can happen to someone flying with this Firmware bug between buildings in a town!

I always test my drones after a software and firmware update. And I tested this one right before I left on this assignment. And all seemed well. But tests are performed at a short range and not all functions come to mind for testing. Probably I didn’t tilt the camera all the way down and thus I didn’t notice this issue.

— Aircraft Firmware : V 01.05.0300
— Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 01.04.01.00
— DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.20
2018-1-7
Use props
TCADrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1826745 ft
United States

Downgrade the firmware via Assistant 2. Doing this solved all of these problems. Hopefully DJI knows about this and responds with a new firmware update.
2018-1-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
United States

TCADrone Posted at 2018-1-7 06:38
Downgrade the firmware via Assistant 2. Doing this solved all of these problems. Hopefully DJI knows about this and responds with a new firmware update.

DJI Susan did in the earlier post, hope they do it soon because alot of people rely on it. Also you can downgrade the FW but some are experiencing errors too.
2018-1-7
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
United States

KODILU Posted at 2018-1-7 04:39
After the last firmware update (performed on December 28th, 2017 on a Phantom 4 Pro) this weird (and extremely dangerous) behaviour happened to me yesterday (January 5th, 2018) on a very important shoot for a VIP client. This totally ruined the whole shoot, the whole day and as a result - the whole assignment in a very remote location. I had to film someone walking on a salt-flat from straight above (far in the wild, in Angola, Africa). The moment I start to tilt the camera down below the horizon line, the image/feed flips (inverts both horizontally and vertically). The situation is worse when the camera is pointing straight down. When I was filming the actual subject this was NIGHTMARE! Because when you have a flat, white ground with no significant visual references (like trees, horizon line, road, river, etc.)...you don’t notice this flipping happening. The only reference was the walking model - a dark dot in the salt-flat. So when the image was inverted I was actually flying in the opposite direction from the one I had planned to fly to. I was loosing the subject all the time. I was hunting for the model around the salt-flat and wondering what THE HELL is going on and why I can’t frame her. Worst of all: the small sand-flat is surrounded by tall palm trees. I almost crashed into them a few times, because while I was certain that I was flying towards the centre of the salt-flat, in fact I was flying back and/or sidewise towards the trees because of the constantly inverting image/feed. Even worse: this inversion is random, hectic, flickery - totally unpredictable and this is the most disorienting experience I have ever had in my life. This is DANGEROUS! Only the video feed is inverting. The recorded does not show this phenomenon.

Now, back in a town with 3G, I’m googling the issue only to find out this topic all over forums. DJI - please fix this ASAP!

I do hope that they take care of this ASAP, sometimes I don't know if peoples livelihood depends on they products..
2018-1-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only good thing in this version was the pano mode, so going back one version isn't that big of a deal.
2018-1-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 02:55
Hi there, we have been aware of this issue, our engineers are working on this and will fix it in the next formal firmware version, please connect the DJI Assistant 2 and use the previous firmware v01.04.0602 currently. Thanks for your understanding.

Did they give you any expected time-frame for the fix?
2018-1-7
Use props
spikeuk76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 441138 ft
United Kingdom

I downgraded the firmware, remembered the old version doesn't have the pano feature, then re-upgraded.

I took a couple of panos today by clicking a couple of buttons that would have taken a damn sight longer without the new feature in the latest firmware update. I'll risk the inverted video 'feature' until the DJI Firmware Coding Interns get it sorted in a few months time.

2018-1-7
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 02:55
Hi there, we have been aware of this issue, our engineers are working on this and will fix it in the next formal firmware version, please connect the DJI Assistant 2 and use the previous firmware v01.04.0602 currently. Thanks for your understanding.

How can i with the plus???
2018-1-7
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

To further confuse the situation took still photos of a property today - same issue with the image swinging around while flying. But I expected it to happen so just tried to compensate as best I could with the flying and composition.
But on viewing the photos off the SD card post flight the photos, where the image was inverted, have come out all weird colours too???? the vertical shot is straight off the card and the more horizontal shots is just for reference for the colouring of all the shots where the camera wasn't pointing directly down.

2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-7 11:06

Sorry about this as we have not got the estimated time frame.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Popie Posted at 2018-1-7 13:45
How can i with the plus???

Popie, the aircraft of P4P and P4P Plus are the same. If you have the similar issue, please refer above to check the previous version. Sincerely sorry about this.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ChrisMPhoto Posted at 2018-1-7 22:49
To further confuse the situation took still photos of a property today - same issue with the image swinging around while flying. But I expected it to happen so just tried to compensate as best I could with the flying and composition.
But on viewing the photos off the SD card post flight the photos, where the image was inverted, have come out all weird colours too???? the vertical shot is straight off the card and the more horizontal shots is just for reference for the colouring of all the shots where the camera wasn't pointing directly down.
[view_image]

Chris, does the issue only appear in this picture? Could you upload the original picture in the SD card for better assistance? Dropbox or Goggle Drive is recommended.
2018-1-8
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-8 20:02
Chris, does the issue only appear in this picture? Could you upload the original picture in the SD card for better assistance? Dropbox or Goggle Drive is recommended.

Hi Susan the colour variation only seems to occur when the camera is pointing directly down.
Below is the Dropbox link of the RAW files directly off the SD Card
DJI_0001.DNG is when the camera is pointing directly down - I think the the image on the screen was probably inverted at the time.
DJI_0005.DNG was taken soon afterwards ±1-2minutes after the camera was pointing up again. You can see the colours are now correct again.
I hope this helps?
ThanksDropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hytwd ... SfDw8nyidG4z6a?dl=0
2018-1-9
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

I have downgraded via the DJI Assistant 2 to the previous firmware v01.04.0602 and it seems to have fixed the image inverting on the screen randomly (after a quick 5min flight)
I will take some photos tomorrow to confirm if it has fixed the issue I am also having with the colours of the photos changing.
2018-1-9
Use props
GUSPMETAL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365049 ft
Greece

Hi from Greece! I have a Phantom 4 Pro and today I had my first flight after last upgrade. I 've noticed the flip image issue but not all the time of my flight. I turned the camera down about 10 times and the image flipped about 4-5 times in total. It's a little bit scary but if you turn your camera straight everything is ok and you can proceed with your flight. Precision landing and RTH works fine also I tried to RTH without precision take off and works just fine.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ChrisMPhoto Posted at 2018-1-9 01:27
Hi Susan the colour variation only seems to occur when the camera is pointing directly down.
Below is the Dropbox link of the RAW files directly off the SD Card
DJI_0001.DNG is when the camera is pointing directly down - I think the the image on the screen was probably inverted at the time.

Thanks for getting back to us. There is one beta firmware trying to fix the inverted issue. Could you leave your DJI Account here? I'd like to help you get it and try again.
2018-1-10
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Susan
Photographed a house yesterday and after reverting back to previous firmware i can confirm that the issue with the image flipping upside down and the issue with the strange colours (only when the camera is pointing directly down) has disappeared. I am not sure if the original colour issue was because I captured all my photos in RAW format?
I would suggest anyone else experiencing this issue to revert back to the previous firmware v01.04.0602 via DJI Assistant 2
2018-1-11
Use props
johan milani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

Wahooo Susan , its just amazing thant to have so much bug like always when you exit a new Firmware !!!!! you have ingenering service no ? you never try a new firmware before proposal online to customer !! you can imagine impact for professional when we go for a mission and so dangerous situation for fly with inverse control !!!! its just one time amazing from DJI !!!
2018-1-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2018-1-6 04:52

ROTFLMFAO
2018-1-11
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

johan milani Posted at 2018-1-11 02:13
Wahooo Susan , its just amazing thant to have so much bug like always when you exit a new Firmware !!!!! you have ingenering service no ? you never try a new firmware before proposal online to customer !! you can imagine impact for professional when we go for a mission and so dangerous situation for fly with inverse control !!!! its just one time amazing from DJI !!!

This is the very reason i find it hard to invest in "pro" gear from Dji. No professional could rely on such practice "we have no idea" "can you ask your client if they could postpone their promotion campaign"
Everyone hear how stupid it sounds?
They should ditch the word "Pro" from all products that cannot offer pro service, cause its very misleading.
2018-1-11
Use props
johan milani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

So Susan, i have the same problem and i want to hhave too the beta version please asap !!
iuse Ipad Pro last IOS 11.2.2 and last DJI GO version from 2 january and P4PRO
please send me beta version for work : johanmfr@yahoo.fr
2018-1-11
Use props
MaintenanceKing
lvl.1

Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-7 11:05
The only good thing in this version was the pano mode, so going back one version isn't that big of a deal.

much wider panos can be achieved with a bit of careful flying and a $15 photoshop monthly subscription, just a tip!

Also, then you don't have to import your pano into photoshop just to edit it. It's right there! lol
edit: and now that im thinking about it, a much cheaper drone could do it too.
2018-1-11
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MaintenanceKing Posted at 2018-1-11 15:47
much wider panos can be achieved with a bit of careful flying and a $15 photoshop monthly subscription, just a tip!

Also, then you don't have to import your pano into photoshop just to edit it. It's right there! lol

Yep, had a Creative Cloud subscription for a couple years. Also have a Spark and a Mavic, both have pano modes. I just like cool new stuff to play with.
2018-1-11
Use props
Sweet John
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477720 ft
United States

I have had multiple issues with the current firmware including the camera image flip but also certain controls become non-responsive such as gimbal control, RTH, and exposure control. I immediately landed the P4P after noticing (the drone was about 600 feet away w perfect VLOS) it was not responding. Downgraded firmware. Has anyone else experienced similar control issues?
2018-1-11
Use props
NOA
lvl.2
Belgium

FYI; Same issue, another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-127587-1-1.html
2018-1-12
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Has any of you realized that there is no 1080p 120fps in the phantom 4 pro+ like it is on the P4pro? Only the plus version has this issue...
2018-1-12
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-7 11:06

They said next FORMAL firmware update, usually that's 4-6 months!!!
2018-1-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules