1136 5 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briwy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty happy with the Crystalsky but just wondering as it has a setting for calibrating the compass what the compass is used for.  
I always calibrate the compass on the drone and thought that the monitor/phone/tablet took the compass reading from the drone so I don't understand what use the compass is on the Crystalsky.
Any ideas please.

2018-1-5
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Does it do anything without a drone attached?
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When the attitude indicator doesn't seem to be accuracy, or it is spinning, you need to calibrate the built-in compass.
2018-1-5
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37201217 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-5 19:40
When the attitude indicator doesn't seem to be accuracy, or it is spinning, you need to calibrate the built-in compass.

Why do you/DJI keep giving useless advices about the compass in the CrystalSky when you know for a fact that it is not at all working..???
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Johan97 Posted at 2018-1-20 03:06
Why do you/DJI keep giving useless advices about the compass in the CrystalSky when you know for a fact that it is not at all working..???

Could you please provide me with more details about the compass not working?
2018-1-22
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37201217 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 01:58
Could you please provide me with more details about the compass not working?

Well, you could scan you own forum if you have not done so yet, you would find 100's of posts//comments about this, but ok, i will give you one more to the 100's....

First of all, a calibration (using the functionality in setting) do not affect the behaviour described below at all.

In DJI Go 4, the compass gadget/widget to the bottom/left (the circular one) do not point even close in the correct direction and it is jereky (jerking around even when the RC/Screen is kept still.
In DJI Go 4, the map is not aligned with the position of the controller/CS (compared to IRL), which in turn do not show the AC icon and the green line leading back to home perpendicular when pointing the RC towards the AC inflight (as it suppose to do in order to help the pilot to keep the RC/antennas perpendicular to the AC).
Its not that it is a bit off, its pointing all over the place, everything from 1 to 359 degrees incorrect (never 0 or 360 degrees off, ie correct, that never happens....)

I have used other screens/tablets/phones before so i now how this is supposed to work and how crucial
(and valuable when it works) this is especially when using directional antennas or extenders.

/// Johan
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules