Opinions on Selling A Phantom 4
1085 11 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I am thinking of selling my regular P4 with a decent amount of flight time, but it was kept really nice, and looks pretty new. I want to upgrade to a P4P. What are your opinions in how I should go about selling my used Phantom 4? I think I could get at least $650 or $700 (probably more, I'm not good with prices), considering that a new P4 costs around $900 now. The drone was never involved in a crash and still has all capabilities as when it was brand new. I bought it in May 2017.
Let me know how I should go about selling it, where I should sell it, and what a good price is.
2018-1-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You might want to check Amazon prices on a new P4, although you are in Canada.
2018-1-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-5 11:59
You might want to check Amazon prices on a new P4, although you are in Canada.

Does it say I'm in Canada? That is strange, I'm in California. It says $1000 https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phant ... ;keywords=Phantom+4
2018-1-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Update:

That link is for a P4 with 3 batteries.
I found another Amazon drone, with one battery and it says $815. ( https://www.amazon.com/DJI-CP-PT ... &keywords=Phantom+4 )

I can't tell how much it is worth, (I have 2 batteries) Can Someone Help Me Out?
2018-1-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I think DJi sells a refurb for around $700
2018-1-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any cracks on the airframe?  How many flight hours?  
2018-1-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-5 12:16
Any cracks on the airframe?  How many flight hours?

I used to have a crack on the landing gear (legs, whatever you call them), I sent it into DJI and they fixed it for free, I had the drone for a few months at that point, I never crashed it, it was just worn. There are no cracks on the frame now. And the total flight time is about 3 hours.
2018-1-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Having looked at craigslist in my area, and with 2 batteries and no damage; I'd say $550 to $650 sounds reasonable.  Make sure it's clean.  
2018-1-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-5 12:25
Having looked at craigslist in my area, and with 2 batteries and no damage; I'd say $550 to $650 sounds reasonable.  Make sure it's clean.

Thanks for the help! (one more thing: in your opinion is it worth upgrading from P4 to the P4P? Isn't there going to be a P5, so is it even worth it to spend at least $700 on a P4P? The only reason I'd want it is for its improved camera.)
2018-1-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That question is subjective.  There will always be something on the horizon with technology.  Owning the latest and greatest is not always an option as it will break the pocketbook eventually unless you have endless funds.  I will warn you, it will be hard to find a P4P for $700 unless you mean by adding that to the money you will receive for the P4.  To me personally the P4P is the current pinnacle of semi pro camera quad engineering.  I really have nothing bad to say about it.  The difference in camera quality from say my Mavic Pro is very noticeable.  
2018-1-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-5 13:03
That question is subjective.  There will always be something on the horizon with technology.  Owning the latest and greatest is not always an option as it will break the pocketbook eventually unless you have endless funds.  I will warn you, it will be hard to find a P4P for $700 unless you mean by adding that to the money you will receive for the P4.  To me personally the P4P is the current pinnacle of semi pro camera quad engineering.  I really have nothing bad to say about it.  The difference in camera quality from say my Mavic Pro is very noticeable.

I said at least $700 because if I did decide to buy the P4P I would sell my regular P4. I was frustrated because I opted to buy the P4 over the Mavic. Looking now, I should've gotten the Mavic, it is improved over the P4, and it was the same price. In my current situation, I might just keep my P4, although I want to upgrade, I don't know if it is worth the several hundred, maybe a thousand out of my pocket. I don't have the money atm to buy all these drones. I appreciate all the help. I also love my DJI Spark, and I wish it had a 4k camera on it, because my iPhone 6s has a 4k camera and the lens is even smaller than the Spark. Thanks Oracle Miata.
2018-1-5
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Make sure to list any additional accessories you're selling with it.  Package sales are more popular when you have more to offer.
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules