Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Email Support Not Responding
2093 19 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swapero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9695 ft
Philippines

Hello Guys,

On 01/03/18 I sent back my spark to the store where i bought the drone (MSI-ECS Philippines) for warranty claim.
They sent a ticket report to DJI and on the same day and DJI replied the day after informing them that my claim was denied due to pilots error.  

I just felt that my side wasnt fully defended by my local distributor so I sent an appeal email directly to DJI support on the morning of 01/04/18 but up until now I havent received any response.

The Crash Story
I have my usual flight in our neighborhood, most of my flights are in this area and that includes my last 3 fligths so i didnt even bother to calibrate the IMU and compass. That being said I still did my pre fligths rituals which is checking the GPS,IMU,compass and wind. After around 10-11 minutes of flying I decided to take off my spark.

Since a bunch of people began to stay at my original launching zone/home point I decided to land few meters away to avoid unexpected injuries to people due to unforseen accident. If you would check my previous fligth logs in my account I usually land to this same area, i think it would be around 10x already so theres definitely no inteference at all.

While doing the landing if you would check the fligth log I am just holding the down button. Unexpectedly 1 meter from the ground the spark began to initiate RTH as the battery hits below 20%. It gained few meters of elevation, spark also began to swing left and rigth. This causes the spark to hit some small twigs. It losses elevation and did the same thing again and unfotunately hits another small twig . While all of this is happening all im pressing is the cancel the RTH, some left button to avoid the obstacles and down button in my RC and phone but my spark is not responding at all.

After hitting the 2nd small twig I was shocked cause I saw the battery fell from the ground first. Then of course the spark crashed and bounced to a small stagnant fresh water. The battery was dry after the crash but a small portion of the spark became wet after the crash. I am not sure which part of the aircraft became wet but definitely its only a small portion since the crash site is a small area of stagnant water only. Battery was latched out mid air so definitely no there damage is no damage on the circuits inside since the drone does not have any power on.

I sealed the spark in a box with a bunch of silica papers/gels to absorb the moisture. I still havent tested the drone after the incident cause im afraid it may worsen its condition.

1. Spark fails to land even though its only 1 meter from the ground

2.The cancel RTH button should be functional all times. This button is vital to avoid such accidents that may happen. I believe the error was caused by the recent updates in the DJI Go App.

3.  The spark almost got away with the obstacles however the battery latched out on mid fligth. You can see this on the fligth log.

I believe all of this happens due to the recent updates from the DJI GO App plus the known battery issue with the spark.

I will upload the fligth log later once i got home.

I do hope admins can help me T_T

2018-1-5
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, this is flyaway issue is becoming epidemic! ... how many people have now lost there DJI Spark to flyaways
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Could you upload your log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-5
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 12:47
Could you upload your log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

Here it is

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2GRPYAZBXSLFXZK2IP8T/#
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Swapero, we are sorry to read about the crash accident and the late response from our email support, may I have the case number which begins with CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx and the email ticket number you sent to our support which is 6 numbers? I will help to check the data analysis and make it clear for you, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 20:20
Hi Swapero, we are sorry to read about the crash accident and the late response from our email support, may I have the case number which begins with CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx and the email ticket number you sent to our support which is 6 numbers? I will help to check the data analysis and make it clear for you, thank you.

This is the case number provided by the distributor - CAS-1369074-C2J7V8  
And this is my email sent to DJI for the appeal - 918950
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Swapero Posted at 2018-1-5 23:46
This is the case number provided by the distributor - CAS-1369074-C2J7V8  
And this is my email sent to DJI for the appeal - 918950

Swapero, here is the result of data analysis:
1. T=806.3s h=0.9m d=31.9m the drone turned into Low battery RTH.
2. Remaining capacity was 20%. Return height was 40m. The drone started ascending and was uncontrollable before the 20m height.
3. T=810.3s h=6m the drone crashed when ascending.
Conclusion: pilot fault. Charge.
I see your dealer provided the flight log to us, could you please also sync the flight records and provide us your DJI account for double checking?
Besides, I saw the email has been replied, please check, we apologize for the delay.
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like while ascending you crashed with not enough clearing for aircraft to reach its RTH height setting, although you say you tried to cancel RTH it doesn’t show on your log , I don’t know why it didn’t work for you as you said you tried to cancel.

At 710 seconds you received warning , you chose to try to lower your spark.
At 720 seconds spark went into auto return and started to ascend.
On both occasions you could have done 2 things to stop this RTH 1/ cancel ie X or just press pause button, you could also have pressed RTH button on Remote this would also have canceled RTH .

I understand you say you tried to cancel by using X but I think because dji didn’t see this in your log is why they found it to be pilot error.
I feel sorry for you being so close to landing at 720 seconds and saving your spark, and although it’s no good to you now but for others it’s worth remembering that your PAUSE BUTTON is your best friend in this situation to stop Aircraft ascending.
2018-1-6
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 03:44
2. Remaining capacity was 20%. Return height was 40m. The drone started ascending and was uncontrollable before the 20m height.

how to sync?
and yes I have not   received any reply from the email team. Uhmm maybe they sent the reply again to the dealer?   
2018-1-6
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:08
It looks like while ascending you crashed with not enough clearing for aircraft to reach its RTH height setting, although you say you tried to cancel RTH it doesn’t show on your log , I don’t know why it didn’t work for you as you said you tried to cancel.

At 710 seconds you received warning , you chose to try to lower your spark.

So close that  the point T_T

I do hope DJI can consider my case

Shipping only here from the Philippines to DJI HK would already cost me the amount of a new aircraft T_T
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Swapero Posted at 2018-1-6 13:04
how to sync?
and yes I have not   received any reply from the email team. Uhmm maybe they sent the reply again to the dealer?

Swapero, please refer the third part of the tutorial video(since 1:08) and export the whole file for double check. Also, as the case was reported by the dealer, and we have not received any feedback for the dealer for now, I sincerely suggest you to contact them directly to check the exact status.

2018-1-6
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-6 20:22
Swapero, please refer the third part of the tutorial video(since 1:08) and export the whole file for double check. Also, as the case was reported by the dealer, and we have not received any feedback for the dealer for now, I sincerely suggest you to contact them directly to check the exact status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&t=2s

The dealer refused to make another follow up to DJI for an appeal.  They said the decision is final  thats  the reason  why i sent  an email  directly to DJI support and  asking help in this forum.

Btw  these are the fligt log and records

Flight Record  - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=82069349387818551287

Flight Log - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2GRPYAZBXSLFXZK2IP8T/#  

I do hope you guys can still reconsider my claim  T_T   

Sending the AC to your HK Facility alone already  cost the amount of a brand new spark as per the dealer. the  esmatimate given  to my  is 200USD ONLY FOR  THE  SHIPPING! This  does not include the labor and parts  needs to be replaced.

2018-1-6
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 03:44

These are the flight  records

Flight Record  - http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=82069349387818551287

Flight Log - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2GRPYAZBXSLFXZK2IP8T/#   

Please reconsider my claim for warranty. Shipping alone cost me already 200 USD as per the dealer.

Spark is not responding to my command T_T

Its only 1 meter from the ground but still took off like a spirit of a dead person going to heaven T_T

Buying this Drone means a lot from me. Im from Philippines and the cost for an FMC can already change a persons life T_T
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sir, sorry that what we need is the flight records instead of flight logs.
Please refer to the tutorial video below to syn again and then provide us your DJI account and accident date.

Besides, may I know how you canceled the RTH? Via APP or by pressing RTH button in the RC? Thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
Swapero
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 00:44
Sir, sorry that what we need is the flight records instead of flight logs.
Please refer to the tutorial video below to syn again and then provide us your DJI account and accident date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg

Done with the synch.

I have sent you a PM for my account
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Swapero Posted at 2018-1-8 17:20
Done with the synch.

PM received with thanks, our engineers are analyzing it, I will keep you updated soon. Thanks for the patience.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Done with the synch.

PM received with thanks, our engineers are analyzing it, I will keep you updated soon. Thanks for the patience.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Done with the synch.

Swapero, thanks for coming back to us.
Our analysis team has double checked the flight records, unfortunately, there is no data shows you canceled the RTH, thus, we will keep the non-warranty result, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-9
Use props
Nelsoncrj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4449 ft
Singapore

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I wish to complain about the bad customer service experience with your support team (case no. CAS-2215400-B8X5X1 CRM:0430000010008) on my purchased Spark RC Combo SN (unit: 0ASUF7N003008S).

I contacted your support team manager, Cary and your support team on 9 September 2018 and was told that your company will replace a brand new set of Spark RC Combo after providing the information of the flight records and crash images.  

It has been weeks since the last follow-up by Cary and I am still pending the address to courier the purchased Spark RC Combo back to your company for the new replacement set.

I look forward to hearing from you urgently to resolve this problem.

Thank you.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nelsoncrj Posted at 2018-9-20 00:09
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I wish to complain about the bad customer service experience with your support team (case no. CAS-2215400-B8X5X1 CRM:0430000010008) on my purchased Spark RC Combo SN (unit: 0ASUF7N003008S).

Hi Nelsoncrj, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support, it seems you have also complained in other Facebook, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon after the investigation, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules