Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant App Crashes Ronin M
8549 23 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motivity 2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Assistant app crashes every time I open it.  How do I calibrate my Ronin M if I can't open the DJI Assitant app?  Crashes on iphone 7+ OS 11.2.1

Thank you.  
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Motivity, may I know what's the current version of your DJI Assistant and which page are you stuck in? Could you post the screenshot for better assistance? Thank you in advance!
2018-1-7
Use props
Migongo Films
New
Flight distance : 136988 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the same problem, the app won't even open just crashes as soon as it tries to start up so can't get in to adjust any settings.

Any advice?
2019-4-3
Use props
fans15f9a1b4
New

United Kingdom

Same with me, it wont even open on my new iphone xs. Was fine on my se. Its just crashing. Any advice please? Thanks
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_rBB9gBhHlyh1
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the exact same problem with my iphone7. I called the other day and the gentleman suggested trying with a different phone. I tried with an iPhone8 and same thing. I haven’t tried with an android but either way, I’m not gonna borrow someone else’s phone just to make this work. Also the app has like 1 Star and it alarms me that this is such a big issue. This is not ok. I will not recommend DJI products to anyone if this keeps happening.
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_zbINtYCSMtoV
New

Brazil

Esqueci a senha para configurar meu ronin alguem pode me ajudar?
2019-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Migongo Films Posted at 4-3 01:46
I am having the same problem, the app won't even open just crashes as soon as it tries to start up so can't get in to adjust any settings.

Any advice?

Hi Migongo Films, sorry for the troubles with the DJI Assistant APP, may I verify the APP version, the model of your mobile device and the system version for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rBB9gBhHlyh1 Posted at 4-4 19:57
I’m having the exact same problem with my iphone7. I called the other day and the gentleman suggested trying with a different phone. I tried with an iPhone8 and same thing. I haven’t tried with an android but either way, I’m not gonna borrow someone else’s phone just to make this work. Also the app has like 1 Star and it alarms me that this is such a big issue. This is not ok. I will not recommend DJI products to anyone if this keeps happening.

Hi there, may I have the version of your APP and the system version of your mobile device for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans15f9a1b4 Posted at 4-4 14:31
Same with me, it wont even open on my new iphone xs. Was fine on my se. Its just crashing. Any advice please? Thanks

Hi there, may I have the version of your APP and the system version of your iPhone XS for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zbINtYCSMtoV Posted at 4-6 09:46
Esqueci a senha para configurar meu ronin alguem pode me ajudar?

Hi there, are you referring to Ronin-M? If yes, please connect to Ronin-M Assistant Software to reset the password, thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
itsmecraig
New
United Kingdom

Hi there, was there a solution to this? I am having the same issues with the DJI assistant version 1.1.30 on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.2 - when I hit 'enter' having put my username and password, the app crashes every time. I have to uninstall the app and re-download, but every instance I have the same crashing issue. I have a shoot this Saturday (2 days time) and my Ronin (version 1) is now rendered as useless until I can configure it. Does anybody please have a solution?
2019-4-11
Use props
Pickled
New
United Kingdom

itsmecraig Posted at 4-11 09:13
Hi there, was there a solution to this? I am having the same issues with the DJI assistant version 1.1.30 on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.2 - when I hit 'enter' having put my username and password, the app crashes every time. I have to uninstall the app and re-download, but every instance I have the same crashing issue. I have a shoot this Saturday (2 days time) and my Ronin (version 1) is now rendered as useless until I can configure it. Does anybody please have a solution?

OK it seems to let you into the app without crashing if you say 'login later' after putting in the wrong pass word a couple of times...
2019-4-11
Use props
KamalJermiel
New

United States

THIS KEEPS HAPPENING TO ME AS WELL... The fact that moderators are asking for app info and all that shows incompetence on dji's part. The app needs overhaul... the problem is on IOS 12.2 regardless of device. I have a 5s, 6s, and 7 ALL running 12.2 and the app keeps crashing not even a second after opening. its like click, screen appears then crash!!! FIXXXXX ITTTTTT
2019-4-21
Use props
KamalJermiel
New

United States

I HAVE A WORKAROUND FOR IOS.... Turn on airplane mode, then turn on bluetooth then open app... SHOULD WORK. worked for me on all my devices
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, was there a solution to this? I am having the same issues with the DJI assistant version 1.1.30 on my iPhone 7 running iOS 12.2 - when I hit 'enter' having put my username and password, the app crashes every time. I have to uninstall the app and re-download, but every instance I have the same crashing issue. I have a shoot this Saturday (2 days time) and my Ronin (version 1) is now rendered as useless until I can configure it. Does anybody please have a solution?

Hi there, temporarily, please turn off the network of your mobile phone when you run the DJI Assistant APP, we will optimize this issue via the new APP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KamalJermiel Posted at 4-21 17:53
I HAVE A WORKAROUND FOR IOS.... Turn on airplane mode, then turn on bluetooth then open app... SHOULD WORK. worked for me on all my devices

Hi there, thanks for sharing. Temporarily, please turn off the network of your mobile phone when you run the DJI Assistant APP, we will optimize this issue via the new APP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pickled Posted at 4-11 09:23
OK it seems to let you into the app without crashing if you say 'login later' after putting in the wrong pass word a couple of times...

Hi Pickled, temporarily, please turn off the network of your mobile phone when you run the DJI Assistant APP, we will optimize this issue via the new APP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-22
Use props
fanscdfd41f3
New
United States

KamalJermiel Posted at 4-21 17:53
I HAVE A WORKAROUND FOR IOS.... Turn on airplane mode, then turn on bluetooth then open app... SHOULD WORK. worked for me on all my devices

This worked for me!! It’s ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops to make the app work. Thanks for the post!!
2019-5-25
Use props
fansd80c206e
New

United States

im having the same problem. was there a fix to this?
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_NjVJdC5cogNx
New

Purchased a ronin M. Cannot configure it because app will not open. I have all the updated software on my iPhone 6. I am using the dji assistant dowloaded from app store.

I have a shoot coming up and would like a solution fast.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_IcWQubatF4wZ
New

Germany

Same problem... Bought the Ronin M in January 2020, since today I can’t start the the app to calibrate, it crashes after the logo. Nothing changed before.

I tried to disable internet connection and the “login later”, nothing helped. I also updated the Ronin M firmware.

I use a iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.7 with DJI Assistant App 1.1.30.

It’s a nightmare, I can’t work with the gimbal and upcoming projects are in trouble.

Please give a quick solution for this! It seemed to be not new...

Edit: If I turn off the Bluetooth on my iPhone the app will work in demo modus. As soon as I turn the Bluetooth back on the app crashes immediately.
2020-9-6
Use props
fans6a0d8719
New

Netherlands

Same problem here... The app keeps on crashing.

Turning off the Bluetooth on my iPhone prevents crashing, but as soon as I turn on the Bluetooth to connect to the Ronin, it crashes immediately.

DJI please help, I didn't buy a Ronin only for storage, we want to use it like it should...
2020-9-9
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I've been having this issue for a while as well, turning the phone to airplane mode but keeping bluetooth on was helping for a bit but the recent iPhone updates appear to have stopped that from working.

The app is version 1.1.30 and the iPhone is iOS 14.0.1.

I tried using an older phone with iOS 13.1.3 and it works providing it's in airplane mode, which is workable but not ideal. Has anyone found a work around for this or is there progress on an update for the app to resolve this issue?
2020-10-3
Use props
bjarne.rubin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441949 ft
Germany

Same problem with my Iphone XR / Ronin-M setup. The workaround does not work for me - app crashes when Bluetooth turned on (no matter whether it was switched on before or after starting the app)
I updated the Assistant App / Ronin firmware but the issue remains. I can`t believe that you ignore crashreports over months without offering a solution. It`s a desaster!!
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules