Questions about Spark
1001 11 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

Hello everyone I have some questions about the spark and hoping that someone has the answers so I can fly without worrying about modes and stuff I’m unsure about.  

Thanks.

when I’m flying with OA on the symbol is white,  when I turn it off it turns red and doesn’t stop but still beeps.  When in sport mode it’s red as well and does neither beeping or stopping.  I read that the max OA stopping speed is 12kmph. This all makes sense to me but I I have a question about active track:

When I’m in active track and going about 20km the OA symbol is white... would this mean that it’s going to stop or just crash into a tree.  If that is the case why doesn’t the symbol change to red?

2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Para 4. at the bottom of page 18 of the user manual refers for your last question.
When switched off or in sport mode Obstacle Avoidance is disabled but you will still get the warnings.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-5 16:20
Para 4. at the bottom of page 18 of the user manual refers for your last question.
When switched off or in sport mode Obstacle Avoidance is disabled but you will still get the warnings.

Ok so what about when in active track?  Is shows OA is on but I’m going over 20 km... why is is saying this?
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-6 01:28
Ok so what about when in active track?  Is shows OA is on but I’m going over 20 km... why is is saying this?

I have no idea, sorry.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Ok thank you anyways.  I just tested it my self while the drone was going 30kmph in active track and I stuck my arm up in front of it... it tried to stop but It clearly wouldn’t if I hadn’t move down my arm down. Does your OA disable while in active track or is this just a glitch I have?  
2018-1-6
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-6 16:55
Ok thank you anyways.  I just tested it my self while the drone was going 30kmph in active track and I stuck my arm up in front of it... it tried to stop but It clearly wouldn’t if I hadn’t move down my arm down. Does your OA disable while in active track or is this just a glitch I have?

I have seen Active Track videos on youtube where the drone was stopped by a tree.  So if it can see the obstacle, it will stop.  Somethings it can't see.  Like a hand at 30kph or a power wire.

I think you get faster active tracking by turning off OA.  It is a rumor anyway.  
2018-1-6
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-6 17:06
I have seen Active Track videos on youtube where the drone was stopped by a tree.  So if it can see the obstacle, it will stop.  Somethings it can't see.  Like a hand at 30kph or a power wire.

I think you get faster active tracking by turning off OA.  It is a rumor anyway.

I read that OA can stop the drone if it’s going 12km or less.  So the video you saw the drone was probably going pretty slow.  I’m just wondering if it’s just my drone that still attempts to stop at high speeds?  Does you Spark still attempt to stop at a high speed while in active track or is OA automatically disabled for you when going that speed?
2018-1-6
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-6 17:15
I read that OA can stop the drone if it’s going 12km or less.  So the video you saw the drone was probably going pretty slow.  I’m just wondering if it’s just my drone that still attempts to stop at high speeds?  Does you Spark still attempt to stop at a high speed while in active track or is OA automatically disabled for you when going that speed?

I don't know.  I have had it actively track me walking and track me riding along at 10mph.  Tracking me at 4:10 in this video.  Never have I had it flying where it could run into something.  I don't remember if the sensor indicator was red or white.

2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-6 17:15

When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, the maximum flight speed is 6.7 mph, while the forward obstacle sensing is disabled, the maximum flight speed is 13.4 mph. The drone will try to avoid the obstacle as long as it is detected, no worries.
2018-1-7
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 01:44
When forward obstacle sensing is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, the maximum flight speed is 6.7 mph, while the forward obstacle sensing is disabled, the maximum flight speed is 13.4 mph. The drone will try to avoid the obstacle as long as it is detected, no worries.

So if the Spark is using active track and going over 6.7 mph it will attempt to dodge the obstacles but may not be successful?
2018-1-20
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-7 01:44

So if the Spark is using active track and going over 6.7 mph it will attempt to dodge the obstacles but may not be successful?
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wreo Posted at 2018-1-20 15:13

Generally, the aircraft will try to avoid the obstacles if sense works well and the obstacles can detected timely. Otherwise, I'm afraid that it may be not successful.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules